Army Public School AWES Syllabus Exam Pattern 2016: Army Welfare Education Society announced more than 8000 job vacancies for posts like TGT, PGT and PRT country-wide at Army Public Schools that impart education to the children of the Indian armed forces personnel. AWES today stands strong with more than 135 Army Public Schools, 249 Army Pre-primary Schools and many other institutions of higher education.
Those candidates looking for a govt. job in the teaching sector will find it as a perfect opportunity to fulfill their ambition. In this article, we will be discussing the APS Recruitment exam pattern and AWES syllabus which is crucial for the candidates who are looking forward to apply for these jobs.
Army Public School AWES Exam Pattern, Exam Structure & Scheme 2016
- 1 Army Public School AWES Exam Pattern, Exam Structure & Scheme 2016
- 2 Army Public School AWES Syllabus 2016
The selection procedure for APS AWES recruitment 2016 will have 3 levels i.e screening, interview and written examination. All aspiring candidates who are eligible will have to appear for the screening test first. Those who are able to clear the screening will then appear for the interview and the written test.
To qualify for interview and evaluation of teaching skills, the candidates have to pass a Screening Examination.
AWES Exam Pattern for Screening Exam
The online screening test will have Objective Multiple Choice Questions. Those who qualify in this stage will be given Score Cards which are valid for life provided the candidates pick up teaching job in any CBSE affiliated school within three years from the date of passing the screening exam. In addition to fresh candidates, the following may also appear for the screening test:
- Holders of Score Cards who want to improve their scores.
- Those desirous of upgrading themselves. For E.g. a candidate holding Scorecard of TGT may now want to obtain a card for PGT, having acquired additional qualification.
|PGT/ TGT||Part A||General awareness, Mental
Concepts and Methodology
|Part B||Specific to subject||90|
|PRT||Part A||General awareness, Mental
Concepts and Methodology
- Scores will be normalized to 100.
- There will be negative marking. 1/4 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Parts A & B will be will be available together and the candidates have freedom to answer questions in the order in which they prefer.
- To qualify for a post, the candidate must score minimum 50 % marks in each part.
- Total time to solve the paper for TGT/ PGT posts including both parts is 3 hours.
- Total time to solve the paper for PRT Post is 90 minutes.
AWES Exam Pattern for Written Test
Evaluation of Teaching skills and computer proficiency will be tested through a written test. All those who qualify the screening test and Interview will appear for the written test.
For Language teachers, written test comprising Essay & Comprehension of 15 marks each will be held along with evaluation of teaching skills. Selection Committee may also hold Computer proficiency tests if they so desire.
This was the APS AWES pattern and exam structure for various posts of the APS Recruitment 2016. Now, let’s have a look at the APS AWES syllabus for all the posts of Army Public School Exam.
Army Public School AWES Syllabus 2016
The Army Public School Recruitment Exam is conducted for various posts like TGT, PGT and the exam for each post has different syllabus. Here is the detailed list of AWES syllabus for each subject of the APS AWES recruitment exam 2016.
AWES Syllabus for General Awareness
- Indian History.
- Indian National Movement.
- Critical Days.
- General Science.
- Countries & Capitals
- Current Affairs – UP, National & International.
- Awards and Honors.
- Budget and Five Year Plans.
- Science & Technology.
- General Polity.
- International & National Organizations.
- Indian Economy.
- Books and Authors.
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries.
AWES Syllabus for Mental Ability
- Decision Making.
- Visual Memory.
- Discriminating Observation.
- Relationship Concepts.
- Verbal and Figure Classification.
- Arithmetical Number Series.
- Non-Verbal Series.
- Similarities and Differences.
- Space Visualization.
- Problem Solving.
AWES Syllabus for English Syllabus
- Verbal Comprehension passage
- Fill in the blanks.
- Spot the error.
- Synonyms/ Homonyms.
- Sentence structure.
AWES Educational Concepts and Methodology Subject Syllabus
- Nature of the Child.
- Knowledge of The Subject.
- The Effects Of The Teacher And His /Her Teaching.
- Teaching Methodologies.
- Methods to Present the Subject to Student.
- Teaching Methods.
- General Principal of Teaching.
- Teaching Formulae.
- Qualities of The Teacher.
AWES Syllabus 2016 (Subject Wise Details)
- Political Science.
- Computer Science/ Informatics.
- Home Science.
- Physical Education.
We hope this article gives you useful information on the latest Army Public School AWES Syllabus and Exam Pattern for APS Teacher Recruitment 2016 Exam.
Stay connected for more information regarding AWES Teacher Recruitment Examination 2016. To excel in Teaching Exams, download the Best Teaching Exam Preparation App for free.