BOM PO Last Minute Preparation Tips 2016: Bank of Maharashtra will be conducting online written examination in a few days time to fill up 500 vacancies for the post of Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade / Scale-I. As BOM PO is considered to be a highly competitive recruitment exam, many candidates start getting nervous during the last days of the examination.
In order to boost your confidence, here are a few BOM PO Last Minute Preparation Tips which every aspirant must follow. Firstly, let’s revisit the exam pattern for bank of Maharashtra PO recruitment 2016.
Bank of Maharashtra PO Exam Pattern 2016
- 1 Bank of Maharashtra PO Exam Pattern 2016
- 2 BOM PO Last Minute Preparation Tips 2016
The bank of Maharashtra PO written exam will consist of 4 subjects viz. Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and General Awareness (with special reference to Banking Industry). A candidate needs to obtain a minimum cut-off score in all the 4 distinctive subjects.
|Name of Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Some important points to keep in mind-
- This exam is objective in nature i.e multiple choice questions.
- Negative marks is present for any wrong attempt.
- The total time given to solve this exam is 2 hours i.e 120 minutes.
- Candidates are free to choose the medium of exam which can be either Hindi or English.
Once the candidate is shortlisted for this exam, he/she will be called for the personal interview or GD. Now, without further ado, let’s shift our focus to the BOM PO Last minute preparation tips and strategy to crack the written examination.
BOM PO Last Minute Preparation Tips 2016
As explained above, there will be 200 questions in total with a time duration of 120 minutes. This means that you will have to solve the questions in less than a minute’s time. This seems as a very challenging and difficult task.
In addition to this negative marks is present for any wrong attempt. Therefore, You need to stay fully focused for the next few days and give your best shot. You can have a look at our preparation plans for each section, which will guide on the important topics and how to solve questions from them.
- How to Prepare for BOM PO Reasoning Section
- How to Prepare for BOM PO Quantitative Aptitude
- How to Prepare for BOM PO English Language
Now, have a look at these BOM PO Last minute preparation tips and tricks to avoid mistakes and to successfully crack the BOM PO online examination.
Make a Proper Study Plan
For BOM PO last minute preparation, make a proper timetable, focused on both proper studying as well as revision on the same day. Dedicate 60% of your time towards practice and analysis, and the remaining 40% towards revision. Do not cover new topics at this stage.
Practice with Mock Tests & Previous Year Question Papers
Once you are done with section-wise preparation, your priority should be to solve various mock tests. Your primary focus should be to analyse your performance. This is only possible if you start solving previous years’ question papers. Allot a specific time for a specific section and solve each question. This will increase your speed and accuracy.
By looking at the BOM PO syllabus, we can clearly see that general awareness is a pretty vast section. If you have followed the habit of reading newspaper daily and making note of the important events, now is the time to revise those. At this point, you must revise all the topics related to Banking, Economy and Current Affairs.
Memorizing Shortcut Techniques, Formulae and Tables
A lot of formulas and tables are present in solving BOM PO quantitative aptitude questions. These questions also involve lengthy calculations. So, to accentuate your speed and save time, practice a lot of shortcut techniques and use them while solving questions.
Try to memorize formulae, tables, common conversions, squares and cubes to escalate your promptness to solve. This is the best technique to follow for BOM PO Last minute preparation.
Relax and Take a Breath
Do not overburden yourself with new topics and relentless revision. This is an examination which will test your ability to work optimally in times of pressure. So, you need to stay calm during this week and avoid any sort of stress. And do not worry about the difficulty level of the exam. Overall cut off will be published in accordance to the level of the exam.
Here we conclude our article on BOM PO Last minute preparation tips. Have faith in your preparation and you will persevere. We wish you All the Best for the upcoming Bank of Maharashtra PO examination 2016.
Post your doubts or queries in the section below. For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.