DMRC SC/ TO Syllabus Exam Pattern 2016: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) is a joint venture of the Government of India and the Government of Delhi. The organisation has called applications for the recruitment of vacancies for the post of Station Controller / Train Officer (SC/TO) among many other posts in DMRC for the upcoming year 2016-17.
The Postcode for SC/TO post is NE01. There are a total of 662 vacancies for the post of DMRC SC/TO. The online registration for DMRC Recruitment 2016-2017 starts from 16 September 2016 and ends on 15 October 2016. In this article, we will cover all the information related to DMRC SC/ TO Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2016.
DMRC SC/ TO Exam Pattern and Structure 2016
Selection process for the post of DMRC SC/ TO is a four stage process consisting of:
- Level I is a Written Test (two papers)
- Level II is a Psychology Test (qualifying)
- Level III is Personal Interview
- Level IV is Medical examination in Aye-one category
The criteria for passing medical fitness test in A1 category requires the candidate to be fit in all respects. For Visual standards as prescribed in the category; Distant Vision needs to be 6/6, 6/6 without glasses or contact lenses. Near vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 without glasses or contact lenses. The candidate must also clear fogging test conducted under the medical tests. Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision and Night Vision must be present. Glasses/ contact lenses and lasik vision are not allowed.
It is important for all the candidates to understand the way questions are asked in the exam and what structure each paper follows. Before dwelling on the DMRC SC/ TO syllabus, it is important for you to understand the DMRC SC/ TO Exam Pattern for the written test.
The DMRC SC/ TO Exam Pattern comprises of a written examination containing two papers i.e. Paper I and Paper II. The total duration of the exam is 2 hours 15 mins. Paper I is of 90 minute duration while Paper II is of 45 minute duration.
- Paper I is an objective type paper and has multiple choice questions. It contains a total of 120 questions from areas like General Science, General Awareness including Computer Awareness, Logical Ability, Numerical Ability and Reasoning.
- Paper II again is an objective type paper having multiple choice questions. It contains a total of 60 questions from the topic General English. Questions are sets of different topics like comprehension, adverb, parts of speech, preposition, direct and indirect speech, active and passive voice, synonyms and antonyms.
Those who are able to qualify both the papers of DMRC SC/ TO exam will be shortlisted for the merit list. We hope the above mentioned information helps you gain useful insight into the DMRC SC/ TO Exam Pattern. Now. let’s shift our focus to the DMRC SC/ TO syllabus for all the subjects of the written examination.
DMRC SC/ TO Syllabus 2016
For any recruitment exam, the syllabus is the most important piece of information with which candidates prepare accordingly. Here we have provided the entire DMRC SC/ TO Syllabus for both the papers of the post.
DMRC SC/ TO Syllabus for Paper I
Paper I of DMRC SC/ TO consists of questions from topics such as general awareness, quantitative aptitude, reasoning etc.
- Basics of English language
- Vocabulary and grammar
- Sentence Structure
- Synonyms, Antonyms and its correct usage
- Current Affairs (National and International)
- Major Financial / Economic News
- Budget and Five years Plans
- Who is who
- Books and Authors
- Awards and Honors
- Science – Inventions and Discoveries
- Abbreviations & Important Days and many more
- Number System
- HCF, LCM
- Decimal Fractions
- Ratio & proportions
- Unitary Method
- Percentage, Time & Distance
- Time & Work
- Profit & loss
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Mensuration (2D & 3D)
- Data Interpretation
- Number & Alphabet Series
- Test of Direction Sense
- Coding – Decoding
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Problem on Age Calculation
- Blood Relation & Decision Making etc.
- Non Verbal
- Mirror Images
- Grouping Identical & Embedded Figures
DMRC SC/ TO Syllabus for Paper II
The paper II of DMRC SC/ TOconsists of questions from the topic General English.
- English Grammar
- Parts of speech
- Direct and Indirect speech
- Active and passive voice
We hope this article provides you with useful information on DMRC SC/ TO Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2016.
Stay connected for more information regarding Delhi Metro Recruitment 2016. To excel in Railway Examinations, download the Best Railways Exam Preparation App for free.