SSC CGL Frequently Asked Questions: SSC CGL Examination 2017 Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an organization under Government of India to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices. Recently,
Recently, The Staff Selection Commission released the official notification for Combined Graduate Level Examination. The recruitment examination for filling up Group B and C Posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organisations will begin with Tier-I Examination, from 1st to 20th August 2017. This article is about the frequently asked questions regarding the upcoming SSC CGL Exam 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions: SSC CGL Examination 2017
- 1 Frequently Asked Questions: SSC CGL Examination 2017
- 1.1 Q.1. When can i apply online? What are the important dates related to SSC CGL Examination?
- 1.2 Q.2. What are the Educational Qualifications required to apply for SSC CGL Exam?
- 1.3 Q.3. What is the age limit for applicants?
- 1.4 Q.4. Is there any negative marking?
- 1.5 Q.5. What is the Selection Procedure?
- 1.6 Q.6 What is the Exam Structure?
- 1.7 Q.7. What is the application Fee?
- 1.8 Share this:
Under this section we will discuss the SSC CGL Frequently Asked Questions. These question will help you understand better about the upcoming exam.
Here are the important dates to remember for SSC CGL 2017 Recruitment examination.
|Starting Date to Apply Online||16th May 2017|
|Last Date to Apply Online||16th June 2017|
|Date of Examination for SSC CGL Tier-I||1st to 20th August 2017|
|Date of Examination for SSC CGL Tier-II||10th to 11th November 2017|
|Date of Examination for SSC CGL Tier-III||21st January 2018|
|Date of Examination for SSC CGL Tier-IV||February 2018|
Q.2. What are the Educational Qualifications required to apply for SSC CGL Exam?
- For the Post of Assistant Audit Officer (AAO), a candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute. It will be a desirable qualification for AAO Post if the candidate is a Chartered Accountant or cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Economics.
- For the Post of Statistical Investigator Gr.II, a candidate must possess atleast a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute and at least 60% in Mathematics at 12th standard or Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
- For the Post of Compiler, a candidate must possess atleast a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject.
- For all the other Posts, a candidate must possess atleast a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute
Note: Degree obtained from open Universities/Distance Education is allowed in this exam but, the university must be recognized by Distance Education Council, IGNOU.
Q.3. What is the age limit for applicants?
According to the dictates of SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria 2017, the age limitations vary according to the post a candidate is applying for. The age limitations for SSC CGL Exam are as follows.
|Name of the SSC Post||Age Limit|
|Statistical Investigator||up to 32 Years|
|Assistant Audit Officer in Audit & Accounts Department under CAG||up to 30 Years|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer in Department of Revenue||up to 30 Years|
|Assistant in Intelligence Bureau||21 to 27 Years|
|Assistant Section Officer (ASO) in Central Secretariat Service (CSS)||20 to 30 Years|
|Sub Inspector in National Investigation Agency (NIA)||up to 30 Years|
|Sub Inspector in Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)||20 to 30 Years|
|Sub Inspector Narcotics||18 to 25 Years|
|Tax Assistant in Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC)||20 to 27 Years|
|Other Posts||18 to 27 Years|
Q.4. Is there any negative marking?
Q.5. What is the Selection Procedure?
Q.6 What is the Exam Structure?
|Tier-I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier-II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier-III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier-IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
Q.7. What is the application Fee?
Last date for submission of applications: 16th June, 2017 till 6 P.M.
Stay connected for more information regarding SSC CGL Recruitment 2017.
To excel in SSC Examinations, download the Best SSC Exam Preparation App for free.