Greetings GATE EE Aspirants!
As promised earlier, we now continue providing detailed GATE Exam Paper Analysis from 2005 to 2015 alongwith important topics from each subject in GATE Electrical Engineering Exam 2016 as well as preparation tips. We hope this analysis will help you score better and crack GATE EE 2016 Exam.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an All-India Examination conducted by the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT Mumbai, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Chennai & Roorkee) and Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, on behalf of the National Coordinating Board-GATE, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India.
The objectives of GATE is to identify meritorious and motivated candidates for admission to Postgraduate Programs in engineering at the National level. Every year one IIT or IISc is selected as the Organizing Institute. Admission of Postgraduate Courses, with MHRD Scholarship/Assistantship, in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Pharmacy at Colleges/ Institutes will be open only to those who qualify in GATE.
Analysis of GATE Electrical Engineering Exam (2005-2015)
- 1 Analysis of GATE Electrical Engineering Exam (2005-2015)
- 2 Subject wise weightage in GATE Electrical Engineering Examination Paper
- 3 GATE EE Exam 2016: Important Topics from each subject
- 4 How to prepare for GATE EE 2016 Exam
This year, IISC Bangalore is conducting GATE 2016 between 30th Jan to 7th Feb on Saturdays & Sundays. GATE EE 2016 Examination is in accordance with the pattern specified in the exam prospectus. The paper consists of 65 Questions with a maximum score of 100 marks.
The Question-wise breakup is as follows:
|Name of the Section||Marks|
|General Aptitude ( Verbal & Non- Verbal Ability)||15|
|Core Engineering Subjects||70|
Subject wise weightage in GATE Electrical Engineering Examination Paper
Based on previous year GATE papers, Engineering Mathematics, Analog & Digital Electronics, Power systems, Electrical Machines and Control Systems subjects are having weightage more than 50 mark.
So prioritizing these subjects may get you more marks.
GATE Electrical Engineering Exam Paper Analysis (2010-2015)
|Name of the Subject||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015|
|Electronic Devices & Circuits||10||10||12||14||8||12|
|Signals & Systems||7||9||8||2||12||6|
|General Aptitude (GA)||–||15||15||15||15||15|
GATE Electrical Engineering Exam Paper Analysis (2005-2009)
|Name of the Subject||2005||2006||2007||2008||2009|
|Analog & Digital Electronics||22||18||12||17||12|
|Power Electronics and Drives||13||18||18||16||9|
|Electrical and Electronic Measurements||13||10||3||5||6|
|Electric Circuit & Fields||16||14||15||14||12|
|Signals & Systems||8||11||13||16||7|
|General Aptitude (GA)||–||–||–||–||–|
GATE requires students to be strong in fundamentals to do well and the same trend has been observed over the years.
GATE EE Exam 2016: Important Topics from each subject
The questions from these topics are frequently asked and hence, these topics are important in getting good score in GATE.
Signals and Systems
We now present a few pointers which you should keep in mind while attempting GATE EE 2016 Exam.
How to prepare for GATE EE 2016 Exam
- Aim for taking GATE exam varies from candidate to candidate. Students from private engineering colleges try to get into M. Tech. in order to have stamp of the better known institutions and for them reasonable percentile should serve the purpose. On the other hand, students studying in well-established institutes may aim to get into IIT or equivalent institutions. For them very high percentile is essential. Choose your reason wisely.
- IN the current revision stage concentrate more on selected topics.
- Try to solve papers of previous years. This will give you an idea about the mismatch between the actual paper and your level of preparation.
- Fill up the gap by extra study.
- Try to take up practice tests.
- Join an Online test series and practice on virtual numerical keypad while you take the test.The computer keyboard is disabled during the exam.
- During the exam, solve the easy questions first. Bifurcate them according to difficulty level and attempt the easy ones first to save the time. Time management plays a vital role in achieving success.
- Use scribble pad to jot down the points ,ideas etc so that least no. of mistakes are made while framing the final answer.
- Try to attempt the leftover questions once more.
- Use the option of Mark for review
In our next blog, we will be providing an in-depth exam analysis and key pointers for cracking GATE ECE 2016 Exam. If there are any queries, please mention those in the comments section below.
If you have any doubts or queries, please post them in the comment section below. For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.