IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability Preparation Tips 2016: The Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) will be conducting the IBPS CWE Clerk V Recruitment Examination in the month of November & December 2016. It is essential for every candidate to crack both Prelims & Mains Examination, if he/she wants to work as a Bank Clerk in a prominent Public Sector Bank (PSB) in India (excluding SBI).
Hence, with a mere 2 month preparation window, let us read about How to Prepare for Numerical Ability for IBPS Clerk 2016 Examination. You can also read our previous articles on Reasoning Ability and English Language Preparation Tips.
We will be providing important pointers about the Prelims Exam first. So, let us begin by understanding the exam pattern for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2016, followed by Tips to crack IBPS Clerk Exam.
Revisiting IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2016
- 1 Revisiting IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2016
- 2 How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability 2016
- 2.1 How do I start preparing for IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability section?
- 2.2 Can I prepare for IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability Topic-Wise?
- 2.3 Which topics in IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability are easy to crack?
- 2.4 How much time should I dedicate towards IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability?
- 2.5 Analyse your Exam Syllabus first
- 2.6 Beginning with Data Interpretation Preparation
- 2.7 Exam Strategy for Arithmetic in Numerical Ability
- 2.8 P&C and Probability – The Twin Towers of Peril
- 2.9 Speeding Up Calculations with Tips & Minor Hacks
- 2.10 Previous Years IBPS Clerk Exam Papers & Mock Test Series
- 2.11 Share this:
The Preliminary Examination for IBPS CWE Clerk V will be a Computer-Based Test (CBT) and the pattern will be Objective MCQ type. There will be 100 questions in total from 3 sections – English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability.
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Some of the essential details related to IBPS Clerk Prelims 2016 are as follows.
- The total number of questions will be 100.
- The Paper mode will be English/ Hindi.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- The total time to solve the entire paper is 60 minutes.
- There will be sectional and overall cutoff.
Marks secured in IBPS Clerk Prelims will be taken into consideration while selecting candidates for Mains. The exam pattern for IBPS CWE Clerk V Examination is pretty straight-forward but lets us see how we can crack this recruitment examination in the most efficient manner.
How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability 2016
Numerical Ability is considered a pest by most IBPS candidates. Hence, this article on ‘How to prepare for Numerical Ability for IBPS Clerk Exam’ will focus on how we can help IBPS aspirants in identifying best preparation tips and techniques which help them in cracking IBPS Clerk Exam.
Each aspirant must be able to answer the following questions after they’ve read this article on How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability Section.
How do I start preparing for IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability section?
Can I prepare for IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability Topic-Wise?
Which topics in IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability are easy to crack?
How much time should I dedicate towards IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability?
So, without any further build-up, this our take on How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability 2016.
Analyse your Exam Syllabus first
The IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability Section can be cumbersome. So, there can be a chance that you might miss out on a few scoring topics. Read the following article on IBPS Clerk Syllabus and Pattern.
The following topics in IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability Section in Preliminary Examination should be at your tips.
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Miscellaneous – Distance & Time, Work & Time, Profit & Loss, Percentage, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Average, Partnerships, Boats & Streams
These are the most commons topics asked in the Numerical Ability Section of IBPS Clerk Exam 2016. The go-to strategy for IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability Preparation is
- Begin with the basics
- Understand the type of questions asked from a particular topic
- Find ways to solve them optimally
- Practice and Practice
It is understandable that not many candidates are comfortable with Numerical Ability, but you need to qualify past the sectional cutoff. So, try to atleast solve a set number of questions that you are confident about.
Beginning with Data Interpretation Preparation
For DI Problems in IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability, one should be well versed with percentage, ratios and proportion, averages and vedic mathematics.
Rather that solving the problem, one should develop habit of taking approximations and option eliminations. Vedic Maths can do wonders in this category.
Exam Strategy for Arithmetic in Numerical Ability
The world of arithmetic is basically – Numbers and their properties, LCM and HCF, Algebra word problems, Sequence and series, Time and Work, Time, Speed and Distance. These are the topics one should do on a priority basis as these are not very difficult and easy to crack.
Most questions on the above mentioned topics can be solved by directly applying a formula or algorithm so make sure that you maintain a proper notebook with the most frequently used ones.
But as a fail safe, you cannot dedicate more than 2 minutes to any questions. Just skip if you cannot deduce the answer by inspection.
P&C and Probability – The Twin Towers of Peril
No matter how hard you try, there is absolutely no way to gain full confident in Permutation & Combination and Probability. For IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability section, the questions are generally based on
- Collection of Cards
- Arrangement in Linear/ Circular Manner
- Dice Problems
- Forming Groups, Teams etc.
Please do not waste a lot of time preparing for these sections as these will not get you many questions.
Speeding Up Calculations with Tips & Minor Hacks
Since you will be facing a number of calculation based questions, you need to have the following things at your tips
- Tables from 1 to 20
- Square from 1 to 30
- Cube from 1 to 30
- Most common Fraction to Decimal Conversions and vice-versa
Though most of you already know all this, it is advisable to go through this atleast once or twice until the exam day and also inculcate these short tricks while solving the paper.
Previous Years IBPS Clerk Exam Papers & Mock Test Series
This goes for every recruitment examination and applies everywhere. You can never be fully confident about a paper unless you solve the actual one, and the previous years papers are the best ‘net practice’ for you before the real match.
You need to solve previous years IBPS Clerk Exam Papers first and your objectives should be as follows.
- Understand which topics where prominent in IBPS Clerk Examination
- Were the questions easy, moderate or difficult to solve?
- How much time you were able to dedicate to each section?
- What was your correct/ incorrect ratio while attempting?
- Where you able to score above the IBPS Clerk Cutoff of that year?
A complete analysis will help you understand where you actually stand. Hence, with the analysis in mind, proceed further and solve IBPS Clerk Mock Tests and further strengthen your hold not only in IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability section but the entire paper.
We hope this article on ‘How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability 2016 helps you in cracking the IBPS CWE Clerk V Recruitment Examination.
Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best IBPS Clerk Exam Preparation App for free.