IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability Preparation Tips 2016: The Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) will be conducting the IBPS CWE Clerk V Recruitment Examination in the month of November & December 2016. It is essential for every candidate to crack both Prelims & Mains Examination, if he/she wants to work as a Bank Clerk in a prominent Public Sector Bank (PSB) in India (excluding SBI).
Hence, with a mere 2 month preparation window, let us read about How to Prepare for Reasoning Ability for IBPS Clerk 2016 Examination. You can also read our previous articles on Numerical Ability and English Language Preparation Tips.
We will be providing important pointers about the Prelims Exam first. So, let us begin by understanding the exam pattern for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2016, followed by Tips to crack IBPS Clerk Exam.
Revisiting IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2016
- 1 Revisiting IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2016
- 2 How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability 2016
- 2.1 How do I start preparing for IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability section?
- 2.2 Can I prepare for IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability Topic-Wise?
- 2.3 Which topics in IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability are easy to crack?
- 2.4 How much time should I dedicate towards IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability?
- 2.5 Focus on topics that are Easy to Handle
- 2.6 Dedicate Preparation Time for Seating Arrangement and Puzzle Test
- 2.7 Identifying Patterns in Input-Output & Order based Problems
- 2.8 Solving Statement-based Questions in IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability
- 2.9 Previous Years IBPS Clerk Exam Papers & Mock Test Series
- 2.10 Share this:
The Preliminary Examination for IBPS CWE Clerk V will be a Computer-Based Test (CBT) and the pattern will be Objective MCQ type. There will be 100 questions in total from 3 sections – English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability.
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Some of the essential details related to IBPS Clerk Prelims 2016 are as follows.
- The total number of questions will be 100.
- The Paper mode will be English/ Hindi.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- The total time to solve the entire paper is 60 minutes.
- There will be sectional and overall cutoff.
Marks secured in IBPS Clerk Prelims will be taken into consideration while selecting candidates for Mains. The exam pattern for IBPS CWE Clerk V Examination is pretty straight-forward but lets us see how we can crack this recruitment examination in the most efficient manner.
How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability 2016
Here, we set the record straight. This article on ‘How to prepare for Reasoning Ability for IBPS Clerk Exam’ focuses primarily on how we can help IBPS aspirants in identifying best preparation tips and techniques which help them in cracking IBPS Clerk Exam.
Each aspirant must be able to answer the following questions after they’ve read this article on How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability Section.
How do I start preparing for IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability section?
Can I prepare for IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability Topic-Wise?
Which topics in IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability are easy to crack?
How much time should I dedicate towards IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability?
So, without any further build-up, this our take on How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability 2016.
Focus on topics that are Easy to Handle
The IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability Section is quite massive. So, there can be a chance that you might miss out on a few scoring topics.
The following topics in IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability Section in Preliminary Examination should be at your tips.
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relation
- Data Sufficiency
- Coding and Decoding
- Order and Ranking Problems
These questions give the most accurate answers in the least time, provided you have given them time while preparing for IBPS Clerk Exam 2016.
If one is not very comfortable with Quantitative Aptitude, more time can be allotted to this section and the overall score can be improved.
Dedicate Preparation Time for Seating Arrangement and Puzzle Test
IBPS candidates must practice seating arrangement and puzzle test problems as these problems appear in sets of 5 questions almost every year in IBPS CWE Clerk V Examination.
- Seating Arrangement Problems consist of people seating around a round table “facing towards the centre of the table’, “Facing away from the centre of the table” and a combination of both. You need practice to solve such questions.
- Also, while solving seating arrangement problems, one needs to ask himself/ herself this question – ‘Can I solve this in optimal time?’
- Puzzle Test Problems require a lot of practice. One must be able to analyse total number of variables in the problems e.g. 2 variables like – Name and professions, 3 variables – Name, professions and colour of T-Shirts.
- One needs to write information systematically to solve 2 variable problems. If one sees three dimension problems, one should try option elimination instead of solving the problem.
Identifying Patterns in Input-Output & Order based Problems
Try to observe as many patterns as you can see while practising Input-Output problems. One should be able to predict the patterns based on the previously solved questions. Hence, maintaining a diary containing short notes on identified patterns might help.
- Pattern in Alphabetical orders (vowels and consonants, letters from staring and end etc.)
- Pattern in case of numerical values (even-odd, prime and composite, multiples etc.)
If you cannot identify the pattern in less than 2 minutes, please leave the question and proceed further in IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability Section. Even if you have identify the pattern, try not to write the same pattern for your questions. Apply these mentally and eliminate your options.
Solving Statement-based Questions in IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability
Statement- Assumptions, Statement-Conclusion, Statement- Arguments, Statement- Courses of Action – you may get one or two problems from these.
One can never be 100% sure, but practising these will certainly reduce error in your judgement, which brings us to our final part.
Previous Years IBPS Clerk Exam Papers & Mock Test Series
This goes for every recruitment examination and applies everywhere. You can never be fully confident about a paper unless you solve the actual one, and the previous years papers are the best ‘net practice’ for you before the real match.
You need to solve previous years IBPS Clerk Exam Papers first and your objectives should be as follows.
- Understand which topics where prominent in IBPS Clerk Examination
- Were the questions easy, moderate or difficult to solve?
- How much time you were able to dedicate to each section?
- What was your correct/ incorrect ratio while attempting?
- Where you able to score above the IBPS Clerk Cutoff of that year?
A complete analysis will help you understand where you actually stand. Hence, with the analysis in mind, proceed further and solve IBPS Clerk Mock Tests and further strengthen your hold not only in IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability section but the entire paper.
We hope this article on ‘How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability 2016’ helps you in cracking the IBPS CWE Clerk V Recruitment Examination.
Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best IBPS Clerk Exam Preparation App for free.