IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Preparation Tips 2016: The Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) will conduct IBPS CWE PO/ MT Recruitment Examination in the month of October 2016. In order to secure good marks and qualify in IBPO PO Prelims 2016, here is a proper study plan on how to crack IBPS PO Reasoning Ability section.
We will be providing important pointers about the Prelims Exam first. So, let us begin by understanding the exam pattern for IBPS PO Prelims 2016, followed by Tips to crack IBPS PO Exam.
Revisiting IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2016 (Prelims)
- 1 Revisiting IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2016 (Prelims)
- 2 How to Prepare for IBPS PO Reasoning Ability 2016
- 2.1 How do I start preparing for IBPS PO Reasoning Ability section?
- 2.2 Can I prepare for IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Topic-Wise?
- 2.3 Which topics in IBPS PO Reasoning Ability are easy to crack?
- 2.4 How much time should I dedicate towards IBPS PO Reasoning Ability?
- 2.5 Solving Easy Difficulty Level Questions in IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Prelims 2016
- 2.6 Solving Medium Difficulty Level Questions in IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Prelims 2016
- 2.7 Solving High Difficulty Level Questions in IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Prelims 2016
- 2.8 Previous Years IBPS PO Exam Papers & Mock Test Series
- 2.9 Share this:
The Preliminary Examination for IBPS CWE PO/ MT will be a Computer-Based Test (CBT) and the pattern will be Objective MCQ type. There will be 100 questions in total from 3 sections – English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability.
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Some of the essential details related to IBPS PO Prelims 2016 are as follows.
- The total number of questions will be 100.
- The Paper mode will be English/ Hindi.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- The total time to solve the entire paper is 60 minutes.
- There will be sectional and overall cutoff.
Marks secured in IBPS PO Prelims will be taken into consideration while selecting candidates for Mains. The exam pattern for IBPS CWE PO/ MT Examination is pretty straight-forward but lets us see how we can crack this recruitment examination in the most efficient manner.
How to Prepare for IBPS PO Reasoning Ability 2016
Questions based on Reasoning Ability are fun to solve, provided you really know and understand the problem. Based on IBPS PO Prelims, there will be 35 Questions from Reasoning Ability Section. The Question-Wise break up for IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Section will be as follows.
|Topic||No of Questions|
Each aspirant must be able to answer the following questions after they’ve read this article on How to Prepare for IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Section.
How do I start preparing for IBPS PO Reasoning Ability section?
Can I prepare for IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Topic-Wise?
Which topics in IBPS PO Reasoning Ability are easy to crack?
How much time should I dedicate towards IBPS PO Reasoning Ability?
Now, lets head to the section on how to prepare for reasoning ability in IBPS PO Prelims Examination 2016.
If we analyze deeply a candidate will get 35-40 seconds to solve a Question. In case of Reasoning Ability in IBPS PO Prelims Examination, it is possible only if you have practised them well enough.
- Don’t try to attempt all questions. Just go through the Question and make a decision. A single Question that seems to be unsolvable within 1 min is of no use.
- Try to attempt the Easy Questions first as they will be less time consuming.
The classification and method of attempting questions as per the level of difficulty is as follows:
Solving Easy Difficulty Level Questions in IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Prelims 2016
In IBPS PO Prelims Examination, there will be a set of questions which are considered easy to solve. These questions doesn’t require any special skill set. Just common sense and practice can help you in solving these Questions.
The questions which are deemed to easy to solve in IBPS PO Reasoning Ability in Prelims Examination are as follows.
- Classification/ Odd pair
- Series Completion/ Analogy
- Direction based tests/ Direction Sense Test
- Number, Ranking & Time Sequence Test
- Alphabet test/ Dictionary
You can expect around 10-12 questions from this category in IBPS PO Prelims 2016. So, make sure you are able to attempt most of them.
Solving Medium Difficulty Level Questions in IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Prelims 2016
The second set of questions are more logic based. These are basically practice-dependent questions as you can only get used to solving these with more and more practice.
The questions which are of medium difficulty level in IBPS PO Reasoning Ability in Prelims Examination are as follows.
- Blood Relations
- Data Sufficiency
For IBPS PO Reasoning Ability 2016, we expect around 15-17 Questions from this category and you need to get on with your preparation if you wish to solve them optimally.
Solving High Difficulty Level Questions in IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Prelims 2016
These Questions appear in the form of Sets/ Caselets. There will always be a few questions which are tough to crack in IBPS PO Prelims Examination. These type of Questions will involve higher level of logical understanding.
The questions which are quite hard to solve in IBPS PO Reasoning Ability in Prelims Examination are as follows.
- Seating Arrangement
- Complex Puzzle
- Floor Puzzle
- Input Output Machine
For IBPS PO Reasoning Ability 2016, it is exptected that there will be 8-10 High Difficulty Level Questions. It is on you to attempt them or skip them.
Once you are able to sort out the priority topics from reasoning section, your task becomes easier. Following the above information, you should make out which topic needs your constant attention. Now, let’s have a look at some preparation tips and strategy on how to prepare for reasoning ability section.
Previous Years IBPS PO Exam Papers & Mock Test Series
This goes for every recruitment examination and applies everywhere. You can never be fully confident about a paper unless you solve the actual one, and the previous years papers are the best ‘net practice’ for you before the real match.
You need to solve previous years IBPS PO Exam Papers first and your objectives should be as follows.
- Understand which topics where prominent in IBPS PO Examination
- Were the questions easy, moderate or difficult to solve?
- How much time you were able to dedicate to each section?
- What was your correct/ incorrect ratio while attempting?
- Where you able to score above the IBPS PO Cutoff of that year?
A complete analysis will help you understand where you actually stand. Hence, with the analysis in mind, proceed further and solve IBPS PO Mock Tests and further strengthen your hold not only in IBPS PO Reasoning Ability section but the entire paper.
We hope this article provides you with useful information regarding the preparation tips and strategy to tackle the reasoning ability section of IBPS PO Prelims 2016. Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS PO Recruitment 2016. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best IBPS PO Exam Preparation App for free.
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.