UPSC IAS Mains GS Paper 1 Analysis 2017: UPSC IAS Civil Services Examination is regarded as one of the most challenging papers of the country. Millions of aspirants appear for the Civil Services Examination every year. UPSC conducted IAS Mains GS Paper 1 exam today i.e 30th October 2017.
In Today’s article we will also go through all the questions asked in IAS Mains GS paper 1 2017. Students can also download the actual paper asked from the link provided below.
IAS Mains GS Paper 1 Question Paper
UPSC conducted IAS Mains essay paper today. A candidate had to answer 20 questions. There was a change in the word limit than that of the previous year Exam. Questions from 1 to 10 carried 10 marks with a word limit of 150 words each and Questions from 11 to 20 carried 15 marks with a word limit of 250 words each making overall exam of 250 marks. Let us go through question paper in detail:
- How do you justify the view that the level of excellence of the Gupta numismatic art is not at all noticeable in later times? (150 words)
- Clarify how mid-eighteenth century India was beset with the spectre of a fragmented polity. (150 words)
- Why did the ‘Moderates’ failed to carry conviction with the nation about their proclaimed ideology and political goals by the end of the nineteenth century? (150 words)
- What problems are germane to the decolonization process in the Malay Peninsula? (150 words)
- How does the Juno Mission of NASA help to understand the origin and evolution of the Earth? (150 words)
- “Inspite of adverse environmental impact, coal mining is still inevitable for development”. Discuss (150 words)
- Mention the advantages of the cultivation of pulses because of which the year 2016 was declared as the International Year of Pulses by United Nations. (150 words)
- How does the cryosphere affect global climate? (150 words)
- In the context of the diversity of India, can it be said that the regions form cultural units rather than the States? Give reasons with examples for your view point. (150 words)
- What are the two major legal initiatives by the State since Independence addressing discrimination against Scheduled Tribes(STs)? (150 words) (250 words)
- The spirit of tolerance and love is not only an interesting feature of Indian society from very early times, but it is also playing an important part at the present. Elaborate. (250 words)
- Examine how the decline of traditional artisanal industry in colonial India crippled the rural economy. (250 words)
- Highlight the importance of the new objectives that got added to the vision of Indian Independence since the twenties of the last century. (250 words)
- Account for variations in oceanic salinity and discuss its multi-dimensional effects. (250 words)
- Petroleum refineries are not necessarily located nearer to crude oil producing areas, particularly in many of the developing countries. Explain its implications. (250 words)
- In what way can floods be converted into a sustainable source of irrigation and all-weather inland navigation in India? (250 words)
- What characteristics can be assigned to monsoon climate that succeeds in feeding more than 50 percent of the world population residing in Monsoon Asia? (250 words)
- The women’s questions arose in modern India as a part of the 19th century social reform movement. What are the major issues and debates concerning women in that period? (250 words)
- Distinguish between religiousness/religiosity and communalism giving one example of how the former has got transformed into the latter in independent India. (250 words)
- “The growth of cities as I.T. hubs has opened up new avenues of employment, but has also created new problems”. Substantiate this statement with examples (250 words)
Want to Download IAS Mains GS Paper 1 Paper ?? Click Here
After going through the whole IAS Mains GS Paper 1, let us now quickly shift our article to IAS Mains GS Paper 1 analysis.
IAS Mains GS Paper 1 Analysis
Over here, we will try to formulate IAS Mains GS paper 1 analysis in the form of important pointers. Let us do a quick analysis of the paper:
- IAS Mains General Studies paper 1 covered topics like Modern History, Juno Mission, Environment, Agriculture, Culture & Diversity, Legal initiatives, Indian Society, Geography, Social reform movement.
- World History was least focused
- Question asked in IAS GS Paper 1 were somewhere interlinked with GS Paper 2 and 3.
Overall we conclude that UPSC IAS General Studies Paper 1 (30th October 2017) questions’ difficulty level was in between Moderate to Difficult range.
We hope this article on UPSC IAS Mains GS Paper 1 Analysis for 30th October 2017 helps you understand the paper better. Here we sum up UPSC IAS Mains General Studies Paper 1 Analysis. Stay connected for more information regarding UPSC Civil Services Exam Recruitment 2017. To excel in Civil Services Examination, download the Best IAS Exam Preparation App for free.