IAS Preparation Guide for Hindi Medium Aspirants: IAS officer is a dream job for a lot of aspirants looking to serve for their nation. UPSC conducted the IAS preliminary exam on 7 August 2016. The result for the same will be announced soon and all those who clear the prelims will be eligible for the IAS mains exam.
Many people who have got education from hindi medium schools and colleges are somewhat hesitant in grasping the language of English. Due to fierce competition and low self-confidence, many aspirants from a hindi background feel crushed in the race. However, one should strive to surpass this language barrier and focus on their dreams. You can achieve your dream with a proper IAS preparation guide and hard-work.
So, we have come up with this article and formulated a proper IAS preparation guide to assist and motivate all those Hindi medium aspirants.
IAS Preparation Guide For Preliminary Exam
- 1 IAS Preparation Guide For Preliminary Exam
- 2 IAS Preparation Guide For Mains Exam
- 3 IAS Preparation Guide For Interview
- 3.1 Have a Positive Outlook
- 3.2 Have proper command on Your Language
- 3.3 Have more courage to listen than to speak
- 3.4 Your Views must be impartial and fair
- 3.5 Show Confidence
- 3.6 Be Aware of Current Affairs and other Latest Developments
- 3.7 Be Honest
- 3.8 Prepare from All India Radio & BBC Documentaries
- 3.9 Present Strong Leadership Attitude
- 3.10 Share this:
The preliminary stage of IAS exam is set to test your general aptitude and knowledge in various fields of history, art, geography, environment, polity etc. The basic and the most fundamental step in your IAS preparation guide is to know the syllabus. Once you know the syllabus, you are able to filter each and every topic.
For hindi medium aspirants, we have a list of study material in hindi which would ensure that you gain complete knowledge. Alongside these, we also have some tips to help you in your IAS preparation.
Books for IAS Preparation for Hindi Medium Aspirants
- NCERT Books of social Science and science (VI to XI)
- NCERT Books of Social Science (XI and XII)
- Selective Reading NCERT Books of Science (XI and XII)
- Unique GS Manual
- Adhunik Bharat Ka Etihas – By Spectrum.
- Bharat Ki Rajvyavastha – By M. Laxmi Kanth.
- Bhugol – Spectrum OR Bharat Ka Bhugol.
- Orient Blackswan Vishwa Atlas Laghu Sanskaran
- Facts of Indian Culture Spectrum
- Bhartiya Arthvyavastha By Ramesh Singh
- Vigyan Avum Prodhogyki – Spectrum.
- Magazines -Yojana, Kurukshetra
- Samanya Adhyayan: Paper II 2016 (Hindi Edition) – Mc Graw Hill Education.
- Newspapers such as Danik Tribune, BBC Hindi, Economics Times
Solve Previous Year’s Question Papers
Solving previous year’s question paper is the most important step in your IAS preparation. You get to know about the pattern of questions asked in previous years. This will help you focus on important topics and concepts.
Make Use of the Internet
Hindi medium students should use Internet while preparing for UPSC exam. Learn from various online sources and acquire all kinds of study material for the examination. Instead of wasting your time outside searching in various bookstores, help yourselves with e-books, e-news etc. Also practice with various mock tests which are available online
Try to Learn English Language
Although this may seem a like a difficult task but you should learn the basics of the English language. This will not only help in your exam but will also build your confidence for the interview. Learn the basic rules of grammar and read from English newspapers to improve your command over the language.
IAS Preparation Guide For Mains Exam
Once you crack the IAS prelims exam, you should start the preparation for the most challenging part of the IAS viz. Mains exam. This written examination is a test of your writing skills and how you are able to think “out of the box”.
The exam consists of 4 general studies papers having a very vast and comprehensive syllabus. Have a look at the study material required for hindi medium aspirants and also at the IAS preparation guide for your mains paper:
Choose the Best Optional Subject
These are many factors taken into consideration while choosing the optional subject for IAS. Selection of optional subject is totally dependent upon you. So, take your time, collect syllabus, look through the previous year papers and then decide. For Hindi medium aspirants, we have a list of few subjects which you should opt for to secure overall good marks.
History, Geography, Polity, Public Administration, Sanskrit, Hindi, Pali, Philosophy
In the end, what matters is how efficiently you can manage your optional subject with the other subjects. So choose wisely and start your preparation.
Study Material for GS Paper 1
- Bharat Ka Rashtria Aandolan – Bipan Chandra.
- Adhunik Bharat Ka Etihas – Bipan Chandra
- Bharat: Gandhi Ke Baad by Ramchandra Guha
- Adhunik Bharat ka Itihas- Unique Publishers
- Historical Atlas Of India
- Samkaleen Vishwa Ka Itihas 1890 – 2008
- Adhunik Vishwa Ka Itihas- Unique Publishers
- Bharat Evam Vishwa Ka Bhugol – Hussain.
- Bharat ka Bhugol: Civil Sewa Pariksha Hetu
- Vishwa Evam Bharat ka Bhugol-Unique Publishers
- Manchitron Dwara Bhugol (Hindi) by K Siddhartha
- Bharatiya Virasat Kala Evam ,Sanskriti- Unique Publishers
- Bhartiya Samaj Evam Vibhinntayen- Unique Publishers
- samajik samasyayein by Ram Ahuja
Study Material for GS Paper 2
- Bharat Ki Rajvyavastha by Laxmikant
- Lok Prashasan by Laxmikant
- Hamari Sansad (Hindi) by Subhash Kashyap
- Bharat Ki Videsh Neeti
- Ekisvi Shatabdi Mein Antarrashtriya Ambhandh
Study Material for GS Paper 3
- Bhartiya Arthvyavastha By Ramesh Singh
- Bhartiya Aarthvyavstha by Kumar Sarvesh
- Paryavaran Evam Paristhitiki by Majid Hussain
- Paryavaran Evam Parishthiti by K Siddhartha
- Bharat Ki Aantrik Suraksha – Mukhya Chunautiya
- Vigyan Evam Prodhyogiki Ka Vikas – TMH
Study Material for GS Paper 4
- IAS Mukhya Pariksha Samanya Addhyan Paper 4 Nitishastra, Satyanishtha Aur Abhiruchi
- NCERT Books Download.
- Yojana Magazine Download.
- Kurukshetra Magazine.
- IGNOU Books.
You can prepare more effectively for the IAS mains exam with the help of these links:
- How to Prepare for IAS GS Paper 1
- How to Prepare for IAS GS Paper 2
- How to Prepare for IAS GS Paper 3
- How to Prepare for IAS GS Paper 3
IAS Preparation Guide For Interview
Getting good marks in interview is very necessary for Hindi medium aspirants. There have been several students just on the border line in the Mains, (specially Hindi medium ones), but because of their exceptional score in the interview, they have managed to clear IAS. On the other hand, there are several IAS officers who are there because of their exceptional performance in the Mains, even as they got very low score in the interview.
However, irrespective of their academic achievement, one fact about those who score very high in the personality test is sure- a very well-groomed personality. They are eloquent. They are good in academics and extra-curricular activities. They know how to fruitfully utilize their labour as well leisure. They are highly aware of the present happenings and events. They can plan ahead and execute their plan. And, the most important of all, they have the leadership qualities.
Whether you are from a Hindi background or English or even Marathi, your personality will remain the same. You need to stay confident about yourself and develop a strong and bold personality. Here a few tips for Hindi medium aspirants which can help you crack the interview of IAS:
Have a Positive Outlook
Go for the interview with a positive mind-set. Usually, it happens that negative thoughts would start coming to your mind. Especially, I am Hindi medium student, how can I compete with English medium students. So, be positive and think right because the interviewer are very cordial in nature.
Have proper command on Your Language
It does not matter what is your medium of the interview. Be it Hindi or English. It really does not matter. What matters is the command over the particular language. Your opinion and the content matters not the fluency of the language.
Have more courage to listen than to speak
You must listen to the panelist before you answer anything. It is good to listen completely and then answer rather interrupting when they are speaking. Hear them out and then answer their questions with confidence and enthusiasm.
Your Views must be impartial and fair
In an interview, when your asked some questions which are very political in nature then you must present a fair and balanced opinion. You must not be biased about a particular subject or topic.
You should always look into their eyes and then talk. This is very basic interview tip for a civil service interview. Do not look down or elsewhere and answer. If do then they might think you do not have self-confidence.
Be Aware of Current Affairs and other Latest Developments
You will be asked a lot of questions about current affairs and state of the country. Thus keep updating yourself with the things going around the world. You must know what is happening in the country and around the world.
Continuing from the last point, if you seriously do not anything about a topic you’re asked then admit it that you do not have any idea. You should hesitate to give a frank answer that you do know about this subject. There is nothing wrong in admitting honestly.
Prepare from All India Radio & BBC Documentaries
You can download debates and discussions from various sources present online such as All India Radio, BBC etc. You can search many other websites which are offering downloads. Prepare with the help of these as they will offer deep insights into various current events. The discussions will also help develop your interview skills.
Present Strong Leadership Attitude
In the IAS personality test, you need to present yourself as a strong leader who can implement the policies and programs effectively. How you will adapt to the dynamic environment of the constitution. Simply answering all the questions in the interview does not mean that you will get good marks rather it is your personality which matters.
We hope this article provides you with resourceful information on IAS preparation guide for Hindi medium aspirants. All the best for the upcoming UPSC Civil Services Examination 2016.
If you have any doubts or queries, post them in the comment section below. For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.