IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis, Paper Review: To complete the recruitment process, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection i.e IBPS held the mains examination for CWE Clerk VII today i.e 21st Jan 2018. The IBPS Clerk Mains Examination will be the final written paper in this recruitment session, after which, the merit list will be prepared.
We are now going to analyse IBPS Clerk Mains paper. In the mid way, we will also go through the section-wise difficulty level as well as the nature of questions asked in IBPS Clerk Mains Examination 2016-17.
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis: 21st January 2018
- 1 IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis: 21st January 2018
Like always, we start by re-introducing the exam pattern of the recruitment examination. The IBPS Clerk Mains Paper had a new exam pattern this year, with separate time slots for each section.
The Examination was divided into 4 sections i.e. Reasoning & Computer Section, English, Quantitative Aptitude & General/ Financial Awareness. The total time to solve the written examination was 160 minutes. Owing to a major restructuring in the selection procedure of Bank Clerks, the Final Merit List is prepared on the basis of marks secured in Mains Examination only..
The paper had a Moderate to Hard Difficulty Level, which can be expected, being the final written paper for IBPS CWE Clerk VII Recruitment. Most questions carried a tricky tone and could be only solved if one has practised enough. The section-wise IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis has been mentioned in the section below.
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis for Reasoning Ability & Computer Section
Beginning our paper review, we will discuss about Reasoning & Computer Section. This year, Reasoning & computer were merged together. The Surprising part was that there we no questions from computer section. The difficulty level was Hard.
- Sitting Arrangement/ Puzzles: 20 Qs
- Syllogism: 3 Qs
- Data Sufficiency: 5 Qs
- Direction Sense: 4-5 Qs
- Alphabet Series: 3Qs
- Machine Input Output : 3-5 Qs
- Miscellaneous: 6-7
Based on the level of the paper, we expect the number of good attempts to be around 21 to 23 Questions. Let us move to the section section i.e. English.
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis for English Language Section
Our next section is English Language, which was again challenging in terms of level of difficulty. Both Sentence Fillers and reading comprehensions were tough.
- Reading Comprehension: 12 Qs
- Sentence Fillers: 4-5 Qs
- Sentence Improvement: 5 Qs
- Antonym/Synonym: 5 Qs
- Phrase Replacement: 5 Qs
- Miscellaneous: 8 Qs
Based on the level of the paper, we expect the number of good attempts to be around 19 to 22 Questions. Let us move to the section section i.e. Quant.
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis for Quantitative Aptitude Section
The third section was Quant, which lowered the difficulty level by a small margin. The quant section had a Moderate to slightly Hard Difficulty Level. Some candidates said the section was a bit calculative.
- Number Series: 5 Qs.
- Data Interpretation: 15 Qs.
- Data Sufficiency: 5 Qs.
- Simplification: 10 Qs.
- Miscellaneous: 15 Qs.
Based on the level of the paper, we expect the number of good attempts to be around 29 to 33 Questions. Let us move to the section section i.e. Computers.
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis for General Awareness Section
The final part of our paper review discusses about IBPS Clerk Mains GA Section. General Awareness had a number of questions on Books and Authors, Currencies, Important Places, Awards, Headquarters, Prime Ministers Schemes, Important Days etc. The overall difficulty level of questions was Easy to Moderate.
List of questions asked in IBPS Clerk Mains Exam:
- BD Mishra is the governor of which state? – Arunachal Pradesh
- Who received Economic Nobel prize in 2017 – Richard Thaler.
- Balphakram National Park is situated at which place? – Meghalaya
- Viena is the capital of which country – Austria
- In which city, 3rd International Conference on Yoga held? – New Delhi.
- What does A stand for in FATF?- Action
- In which Indian State, Achnakamer wildlife sanctuary is situated? – Mungeli district, Chhattisgarh
- What does ‘A’ stands for in CAGR- Compound Annual Growth Rate.
- Virendra Singh’s constituency – Tikamgrah mp
- JRD Tata sports memorial situated in which city – Jamshedpur.
- Sanjeev Stalin is associated with which game – Football.
- Hand in hand Exercise held between India & which country? – China
- What does L stand for in LAF? – Liquidity Adjustment Facility
- Overnight lending money is —- call money
- Dhirubhai Ambani Solar Park is situated in?- Rajasthan.
- Interest Risk is which type of risk – Market risk
- Ukai dam is situated in which state?- Gujarat
- Where is the headquarter of UCO Bank- Kolkata
- Who is heading the committee for China relationship – Shashi Tharoor
- Which city has hosted the Meeting of 48 governor – New Delhi
- What does ‘H’ stands for in NACH – National Automated Clearing House.
- Which Indian state is the first to start adjournment online? – Rajasthan
- Bharatiya Reserve bank Note Mudran press located in Salboni & which city – Mysore.
- Who regulates microfinance given by NBFC- RBI
- Savings & current account is known as – CASA ratio.
- SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organisation) summit 2017, held in which country – Astana, Kazakhstan.
- Who is Lekh Tandon? – Indian filmmaker and actor.
- Winner of China Open Singles Men Title- Rafael Nadal.
- Vice chairman of Niti Ayog- Rajiv Kumar.
- Full form of FATF- Financial action task force
- National chemical and fertilizer headquarter – Mumbai
- What does L stand for in ELSS? –Equity-linked saving scheme
- Credit card facility not given by which institution? Payment banks
- Begazhi port ——-One question related to Libya port reopening
- Initial Coin Offering is related to? Cryptocurrencies
- What is a GDR? ‘Global Depositary Receipt’
- What does ‘M’ stands for in SFMS? Messaging
- PF withdrawal has been increased from 30,000 to? 50000
- NISM established by which institute? SEBI
- Reduction in the amount of loan over a period of time? Amortization
- Within how many days clearance needs to be given by FIPB from the day of the proposal of companies wanting to participate in FDI? 60 days
- CRISIL is what type of a company? Analytical
- MIGA headquarters Multilateral investment guarantee agency? Washington DC
- On what basis D-SIB tag is given to banks?
- Question related to CGMSE…credit guarantee fund scheme for a small and medium enterprise.
- In MPC what is P stands for? Monetary Policy committee
- PACC Paris agreement on climate change is related to? Climate change
- Question related to- Equity risk
- Varishtha pension bima yojana 8percent interest for how many years: 10 years
- Banks which help to raise funds by underwriting are called: Investment Banking
Based on the level of the paper, we expect the number of good attempts to be around 32 to 34 Questions. This is our section-wise IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis for 21st January 2018.
It can be concluded that a total number of 106+ questions with 90% accuracy will be a good score to crack IBPS Clerk Mains paper.
Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS Clerk Recruitment. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best Banking Exam Preparation App for free.