IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has announced 19242 Post Vacancies for IBPS CWE Clerk VI 2016. The IBPS Clerk Official Notification dictates all the information regrading the Eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure, Exam Pattern and Online Application Procedure for IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016.
Please be advised that the IBPS Clerk Online Application Portal will be open from 22 August to 12 September 2016, during which an IBPS aspirant can submit/ makes changes in the application form.
|Starting Date for Online Registration||22 August 2016|
|Last Date for Online Registration||12 September 2016|
|IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Date|| 26, 27 November 2016
3, 4 December 2016 (if required)
|IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Date||31 December 2016 & 1 January 2017|
We are assuming that a number of applicants must be appearing for IBPS Clerk Recruitment Examination for the first time. If you happen to be one of those, it is our sincere request to read this article atleast twice and understand how you can apply for IBPS CWE Clerk VI Recruitment 2016.
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016: Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for IBPS CWE Clerk VI consists of a set of requirements and clauses in terms of Age, Educational Qualification and Nationality. Let us have a look at it and see if we are eligible to appear for IBPS Clerk Recruitment Examination 2016.
Age Limit: A candidate must be between 20 to 28 years as on 1 August 2016. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1988 and not later than 01.08.1996 (both dates inclusive).
The relaxation in the upper age limit has been applied according to government norms. They are as follows
- SC/ ST: 5 Years
- OBC: 3 Years
- PH: 10 Years
- PH + OBC: 13 Years
- PH + SC/ST: 15 Years
Minimum Educational Qualification: A candidates must possess a atleast valid graduation degree from recognized university or institute in any discipline.
Recommended: IBPS Clerk Prelims Practice Test Series
Do you satisfy or fit in the existing criteria for IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016? If yes, get in touch with the selection procedure for recruiting clerks.
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016: Selection Procedure
The Recruitment Process involved for IBPS CWE Clerk VI is a 2 Tier Process i.e. Preliminary Written Examination and Mains Written Examination. A candidate needs to qualify at each level in order to move to the next one. Let us try and understand each level.
IBPS Clerk Tier I: Prelims Written Examination
The Online Computer-Based Test (CBT) for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2016 will be conducted in objective pattern (same as before). There will be 100 questions in total and 3 sections – English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability.
|Name of the Section||Questions||Marks|
Some of the essential details related to IBPS Clerk Prelims 2016 are as follows.
- The total number of questions will be 100.
- The Paper mode will be English/ Hindi.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- The total time to solve the entire paper is 60 minutes.
- There will be sectional and overall cutoff.
Marks secured in IBPS Clerk Prelims will be taken into consideration while selecting candidates for Mains.
IBPS Clerk Tier II: Mains Written Examination
The Mains Examination will be similar in pattern with Clerk Exam. There will be 5 sections and 200 questions in total. Each question will carry 1 mark.
|General Awareness (with special reference to Banking)||40||40|
Similar to most mains paper, IBPS Clerk Mains will time each section separately. Each Section will have separate time during which it can be attempted by the candidates.
|Section Name||Questions||Time (in mins.)|
|General Awareness (with special reference to Banking)||40||25|
The total time to solve the written examination is 135 minutes. Owing to a major restructuring in the selection procedure of Bank Clerks, the Final Merit List is prepared on the basis of marks secured in Mains Examination only.
Hence, there will be no interview for IBPS Clerk 2016 unless announced otherwise by the concerned authorities.
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016: Online Application Process
The application process for eligible candidates can be done online by using the link mentioned below.
The Application fees will be Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXSM candidates and Rs. 600 /- for all others.
Before applying online, candidates must have:
- Scanned copy of their photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) and signature.
- The necessary details/documents for online payment of the fees.
- A valid personal email ID, which should be kept active throughout the recruitment process.
Now, follow these simple steps to complete your application process:
- Go to IBPS official website i.e. www.ibps.in and click on the Home Page to open the link “CWE Clerks”.
- Click on “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE- Clerks (CWE-Clerks-VI)” to open the registration form.
- Now, click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” and fill in your basic information.
- A registration number and password will be generated for the candidates. The candidates will receive the same via SMS and email.
- Proceed to upload the duly scanned files of the photograph and signature (in the specified format & size).
- Next, you need to make the payment of application fee. The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets by providing information as asked on the screen.
- After Final Submit, an additional page of the application form is displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details.
- On successful completion of the transaction, you will receive an e-receipt.
- Take a print out of the receipt and the application form for future use.
Try Now: IBPS Clerk Online Mock Test Series
Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best IBPS Clerk Exam Preparation App for free.