IBPS Clerk Study Plan 2017: The Round II of IBPS Examination will be held in the month of January 2017. Many of the candidates are at a final phase of IBPS Clerk Mains examination preparation.
IBPS will be conducting Clerk Mains examination in less than 20 days. Here, we are introducing IBPS Clerk Mains study plan for the upcoming 20 days to cope up with the level of written examination and crack it.
IBPS Clerk Study Plan 2017
The Examination will be divided into 4 sections i.e. Reasoning & Computer Section, English, Quantitative Aptitude & General/ Financial Awareness. Even though the Pattern of the Exam is new to IBPS Clerk but it is similar to IBPS PO. Don’t Panic and Practice well for the exam so that you can crack the exam.
Let us not waste any more time and start elaborating this important strategy for IBPS Clerk Mains.
Starting with the Reasoning
Start with the reasoning subject and highlight the important topics. We are providing a list of important topics to be covered. Candidates need to gain command over the topics like
- Syllogisms and ranking,
- Blood relation,
- Coding and decoding,
- Data sufficiency,
- Decision making,
- Sitting arrangement,
- Machine input,
Here are a few tips that will help you in your preparation for Reasoning Ability section for IBPS Clerk Mains.
- Prepare topic by topic and then make yourself clear with Questions under Reasoning that is your strength. Segregate the topics which you are weak in and practice those every day.
- Don’t try to cover everything included in the syllabus. Just focus on the important topics which carry a high weightage of marks.
- Focus on accuracy and speed. Solve various mock tests available online by setting a timer for yourself. This practice is the most beneficial one and guarantees proper time management.
- Learn the basics by studying from reference books. Read and understand the basics behind each topic. This way you will be able to grasp the concepts which will help you in solving the questions easily.
- Solve previous year’s question papers to understand the pattern of questions which are asked in the exam.
- Lastly, do not forget to revise the topics which you have learned throughout the week
Moving to Quantitative Aptitude
Most of the students find this section difficult, so aspirants are advised to revise certain important topics of IBPS Clerk Mains. We are providing a list of important topics to be covered. Candidates need to gain command over the topics like
- Simplification and approximation,
- Ratio and Proportion,
- Profit and Loss,
- Number series,
- Simple interest and compound interest,
- Age-based problems,
- Time and Work and Speed,
- Distance and Time,
- Mixture and Allegation,
- Permutation and combination,
- Mensuration and
- Data sufficiency
To improve your chances of cracking IBPS Clerk Mains 2017, go through these preparation tips for IBPS Clerk Mains Quantitative Aptitude Section.
- Strengthen your basics: Solving any type of quant-based problem involves a proper understanding of how the system works. You need to know the root of the problem in order to begin the solving process.
- Memorise short tricks, tables, fractions: You will probably have less than 2-3 minutes to solve any type of question. Make sure you don’t waste that in excess calculating or taking a longer route. Try and memorise tables up to 20, squares and cubes up to 30 and conversion values of the commonly used fraction to decimal and vice versa. Knowing this while solving arithmetic based problems will definitely boost your speed in the paper.
- Solve Previous Years Papers: A number of questions, as well as questions types, can be deduced based on last years question papers of IBPS Clerk Mains. Make sure you attempt them atleast once.
- Devise a step-by-step approach for DI Questions: Avoid any short techniques in this. Study the graph/ table/ chart carefully and pay attention to all the details. Compare the solution with the given options with caution, sometimes options are almost the same or nearby.
- Battling with Tough/ Long Questions: Each question carries the same mark in all the sections. Keep this in mind when you waste excess time on a relatively hard question, which can be skipped for an easier, solvable one.
Testing your English Section
All the important topics of English section are included below
- Reading comprehension,
- Cloze test, Para jumbles,
- Sentence correction,
- Error spotting,
- Para Completion,
- Synonym and Antonym,
- Double Fillers
- Sentence Exclusion
- Sentence Combination
- Learn Basic Rules: First, you need to remember the Grammar Rules. However, you do not need to know all grammar rules after solving previous year papers you can easily understand what kind of question IBPS is framing.
- Practice Previous Year Papers: For the smart preparation of IBPS Clerk Mains Examination, the best method will be to get all the previous question papers and do daily practice.
- Newspaper is Necessary: English Section in IBPS Clerk Mains especially judges your ability to understand English and Proper Usage of Grammar. For improvement in understanding English Read Newspapers and Books on Grammar.
- Make it a Habit: You need to develop a habit to learn new words daily from the newspaper, news channels, books etc. It will help you to build up your own lexicon of essential words.
- Unleash your Potential: Revise, Reflect and Learn from your mistakes. The revision will play an extremely vital role in improving your score in IBPS Clerk Mains English Language Section.
- What’s stopping you?: It is very important to know your weak areas so that you can pay your special attention to them. Give more time to the study of the subject or topic that you are having difficulty with.
- Effective Time Management: Maintain a plan for each day to practice topics essential to IBPS Clerk Mains English Language Section and try to devote at least three hours for English exercise on daily basis.
- Handy Notes: Try to maintain class notes by creating summary notes. Spot the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them.
- Get set go: As you all know, Time Management is the important factor in every competitive examination. Therefore, you need to work on your speed. For solving questions at a faster pace, you have to test yourself on a daily basis by practicing Mock Test and Assessments.
- Smart Work is Hard: Hard Work is essential for cracking IBPS Clerk Mains, but smart work trumps everything. Make sure you are putting your best foot forward.
Make Handy Notes for General Awareness
Here are some important topics which can help you ace in exams:
- Current Affairs
- General/ Economic/ Banking Awareness
- Static Affairs
Under this section we will discuss the crucial points for IBPS Clerk Mains General Awareness Section, here are a few important points to keep in mind.
- Read at least one newspaper daily, as it will help in both GK and English Sectional Preparation.
- Solve the Previous Year’s Question Paper of IBPS Clerk Mains as it helps one to know the type of questions asked and the difficulty level.
- Follow at least one site for Daily Updates on GK and Current Affairs
- Prepare your exam with Practice sample papers/ Previous year Solved Paper.
- It is important to analyze each and every practice or mock test you appear for. It helps in giving you a rough idea of your level of preparation for the exam and apply strategy accordingly.
- Speed is an important factor when you are looking to solve the paper and save time for revision as well. Regular practice of questions can enhance your speed.
Last but not Least, Computer Knowledge
Computer Knowledge will relatively be an easy section since most students are already well versed with the basic concepts of computers.
Some tips and strategies for this section are mentioned below.
- Practice and solving more and more Previous Year Exam Paper and Model Question Papers based on Computer Knowledge will be fruitful for Exam preparation.
- Read topic by topic each day so that you didn’t feel monopoly.
- Computer Awareness is an important section of IBPS Clerk Mains Examination. Fundamentals will help you in resolving the complex problem, so you must read the fundamental elements of the computer before the examination.
- Lots of technologies developed in this field and students required to keep an eye on the same. Carefully read the information given in directions and solve questions according to it.
- Make short notes so that revision can be done at the last time.
A Final Try (Mock Test Covering All Sections)
At last, students have to give a final Mock Test to accumulate the old revisions of each section together so that they did not find any difficulty or lose hope in attempting the Mains. This practice set comprises questions from all the sections which can help you to add feathers to your cap.
Follow this procedure to improve your chance of cracking IBPS Clerk Mains.
- Attempt the online mock test for IBPS Clerk Mains.
- Keep in mind both the time limit and previous year cut-off and try to score above it.
- As soon as the online mock test is complete, check your score and see where you could have attempted more.
- Redo the number of questions which are incorrect and the ones that have been left unattempted.
The reason for this extensive analysis is to get an advance answer on whether you’ll be able to crack IBPS Clerk Mains Exam or not. This is where we conclude our IBPS Clerk Mains Study Plan for the next 20 days.
Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS Clerk Mains Recruitment 2017.
Best Wishes from OnlineTyari Team!
Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS Clerk Exam Recruitment 2017. To excel in Banking Examination, Download the Best Bank Exam Preparation App for free.