How to Prepare for IBPS PO Mains Reasoning & Computer Knowledge Section 2017: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will now conduct the final paper for IBPS PO Recruitment, i.e. IBPS PO Mains 2017. It is essential for every candidate to crack both Prelims & Mains Examination if he/she wants to work as a Bank PO in Government Banks.
This article is primarily focused on IBPS PO Mains Reasoning Ability and Computer Knowledge Preparation Tips and strategy to solve questions. Let us begin.
How to Prepare for IBPS PO Mains Reasoning Ability & Computer Knowledge Section
- 1 How to Prepare for IBPS PO Mains Reasoning Ability & Computer Knowledge Section
- 2 IBPS PO Mains Reasoning and Computer Knowledge Important Topics
- 3 IBPS PO Mains Reasoning and Computer Knowledge Preparation Tips
Follow the IBPS PO Mains Pattern to begin with. According to the new pattern, the Mains Examination will consist of Objective as well as Subjective Examination.
Objective Examination will constitute of 155 Questions for 200 Marks to be answered within the duration of 3 hours. The Examination will be divided into 4 sections i.e. Reasoning & Computer Section, English, Data Interpretation & General Awareness. The detailed Pattern is as follows:
Reasoning & Computer Section consists of 45 Questions to be answered in 60 minutes. Major Focus should be given to the Reasoning Section. 85% of the paper will consist of Reasoning and rest will be Computer Awareness.
|Section Name||Questions||Marks||Time (in minutes)|
|Reasoning & Computer Knowledge||45||60||60|
This year IBPS will also conduct a descriptive test of English Language along with the mains exam. Even though the Pattern of the Exam is new to IBPS but it is similar to SBI. Don’t Panic and Practice well for the exam so that you can crack the exam.
IBPS PO Mains Reasoning and Computer Knowledge Important Topics
We at OnlineTyari believe in making things easier for the candidate so that candidate can focus on preparation only. But for success, strategic planning should be there. Seeing the great response from candidates on our “How to Prepare Section-Wise Articles”, we are starting with this section wise preparation strategy post for IBPS PO Mains.
We are initiating with the “Reasoning and Computer Section”, which will provide you with useful IBPS PO Mains Reasoning Preparation Tips to Crack Written Examination. There is a list of Important topics that are Important as per Analysis of Previous year Exam. We are not saying that only these topics will be there but this will cover the maximum portion of the paper and help the candidate maximize the score in that particular section.
IBPS PO Mains Reasoning Ability Topics
- Series – Alpha-Numeric
- Classification/ Odd Pair
- Data Sufficiency
- Sitting Arrangement
- Complex Arrangement
- Blood Relation
- Statement – Derivation of Assumption/ Interference/ Conclusion
- Verbal Reasoning
IBPS PO Mains Computer Knowledge Topics
- Computer Basic, Abbreviations
- Shortcuts: Basic, MS
- MS Office
- Generation of Computers
IBPS PO Mains Reasoning and Computer Knowledge Preparation Tips
The IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Section is quite massive. So, there can be a chance that you might miss out on a few scoring topics. Questions based on Reasoning Ability are fun to solve, provided you really know and understand the problem. Let us now go through each topic of reasoning ability section-
- Questions from Puzzle section are also sometimes mixed up with other topics like blood relation, direction, seating arrangement etc.
- Mostly 1 puzzle consisting of 5 questions comes from this topic.
- Input/ Output section comes with a word and number arrangement machine question, when given an input line of words and numbers rearranges them following a particular rule in each step. There is much possibility that this topic will cover 3 questions of double-sided arrangement. So, a candidate is advised to practice accordingly.
- Try to solve inequalities topic questions in a less time so that you can utilize more time to other sections.
- As of IBPS PO Mains, it is expected that these questions will not come directly (say A>B<C>D) but in the hidden form (say A@B$C*D)
- Blood relation topic is fun to solve. Just try to apply the question to your family and follow the structure of the question, you will definitely get the answer in less time. This topic question can be manipulated in some other form too. Around 3 to 4 questions are asked from this section.
- Coding and Decoding carry significant weightage in bank exams. To solve questions based on Coding and Decoding you need to Observe alphabets or numbers given in the question. The more prepared you are, the better will be your score
- Data Sufficiency is generally easy but time consuming because candidates take lots of time in understanding the logic of the question. This can be solved by regular practice and solve mock test papers on this topic. Based on the last year pattern, around 3 to 5 questions were asked from Data Sufficiency
- In decision-making questions, select the option that maximizes the benefit for the majority. Do not give personal judgment. It is a common tendency of students to adopt an approach based on your own value system. Generally, 2 to 3 questions are asked from this section.
- Computer Awareness is an important section in IBPS PO Mains Examination. Fundamentals will help you in resolving the complex problem, so you must read the fundamental elements of the computer before the examination.
- Lots of technologies developed in this field and students required to keep an eye on updates. The new types of questions involved just require the understanding of the content. Carefully read the information given in directions and solve questions according to it.
Some of the essentials points which every IBPS PO aspirants must ponder upon for the upcoming paper are.
- Learn techniques to solve Sitting Arrangement/Complex Arrangements Questions in less time.
- Use Vein Diagram/I-E Techniques to solve Syllogism Questions. This will decrease the time to attempt these Questions.
- Learn alphabet series in ascending and descending order in accordance with numbers.
- Learn relation and Direction pattern this will help you answer blood relation and Direction based questions.
- Learn Abbreviations, Shortcuts, basic theories related to MS Office, OS and Basic Computer.
Please remember that Practice is the only way with which you can decrease the time to solve any Question. Attempting 35+ Questions will be considered as a good attempt as Reasoning used to be the strength of Maximum Banking aspirants.
Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS PO Recruitment 2017. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best IBPS PO Exam Preparation App for free.