IBPS RRB 2017: Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) conducts Online Common Written Exam (CWE) for recruiting staff in Regional Rural Banks of India. IBPS RRB Exam is held for filling the vacancies of Officer Scale I, II, III and Office Assistant Multipurpose. The exam is conducted at various centers across the whole country.
The Preliminary Examination Admit Card for the post of Officers Scale-I and Office Assistant (Multipurpose) will be released in August and September 2017. This article will focus on all the necessary details regarding the latest IBPS RRB 2017 notification and previous year IBPS RRB exam. Let’s start with the important dates for the IBPS RRB 2017 CWE 6.
IBPS RRB CWE-VI Official Notification
IBPS RRB 2017 Exam Information
The Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) will conduct an online examination for recruitment in Regional Rural Banks (RRB).
The test will be organized to select Group “A”-Officers (Scale-I, II & III) and Group “B”- Office Assistant (Multipurpose) by the IBPS tentatively in the month of September. IBPS RRB Exam is held for filling the vacancies of Officer Scale I, II, III and Office Assistant Multipurpose.
For the Posts of Officers Scale I
- The IBPS RRB exam will be conducted in two tiers i.e. the online examination will be held in two phases – Preliminary and Mains Exam
- Candidates who are shortlisted based on IBPS RRB Mains Examination are called for Interview Round. The final seat allotment is done on the basis of scores from the both Mains Written Examination and Interview.
For the Posts of Office Assistants
The IBPS RRB Selection Process for Office Assistant involves a two-level recruitment paper. A candidate has to clear both of these exams in order to get selected for the post of Office Assistant. The two levels are
- IBPS RRB Preliminary Examination
- IBPS Mains Examination
Both of these recruitment examinations will be conducted in a Computer-Based Test (CBT) format and will be objective type.
For the Posts of Officers Scale II, III
IBPS RRB Selection Procedure 2017 for both Scale II & III is a 2-Tier Process. But, unlike the recruitment process for the assistant, there will be a Single Written Examination followed by an Interview for the recruitment to Regional Rural Banks (RRBs).
IBPS CWE RRB: Participating Regional Rural Banks
IBPS conducts the IBPS RRB exam in two parts: Common Written Exam (CWE) and Interview. Here the candidates can check the list of participating RRBs in IBPS RRB 2017 exam.
IBPS Regional Rural Banks (RRBs)
|Sr. No.||Name of the RRB||Present Head Office||State / UT||Desired Local Language Proficiency as prescribed by the Participating RRBs|
|1||Allahabad UP Gramin Bank||Banda||Uttar Pradesh||Hindi, Urdu, Sanskrit|
|2||Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank||Warangal||Telangana||Telugu|
|3||Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank||Kadapa||Andhra Pradesh||Telugu|
|4||Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank||Naharlagun (Papumpare)||Arunachal Pradesh||English|
|5||Assam Gramin Vikash Bank||Guwahati||Assam||Assamese, Bengali, Bodo|
|6||Bangiya Gramin Vikash Bank||Murshidabad||West Bengal||Bengali|
|7||Baroda Gujarat Gramin Bank||Bharuch||Gujarat||Gujarati|
|8||Baroda Rajasthan Kshetriya Gramin Bank||Ajmer||Rajasthan||Hindi|
|9||Baroda UP Gramin Bank||Raibareilly||Uttar Pradesh||Hindi, Urdu, Sanskrit|
|10||Bihar Gramin Bank||Begusarai||Bihar||Hindi|
|11||Central Madhya Pradesh Gramin Bank||Chhindwara||Madhya Pradesh||Hindi|
|12||Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank||Guntur||Andhra Pradesh||Telugu|
|13||Chhattisgarh Rajya Gramin Bank||Raipur||Chhattisgarh||Hindi|
|14||Dena Gujarat Gramin Bank||Gandhinagar||Gujarat||Gujarati|
|15||Ellaquai Dehati Bank||Srinagar||Jammu & Kashmir||Dogri, Kashmiri, Punjabi, Urdu, Gojri, Pahari, Ladakhi, Balti (Palli), Dardi, Hindi|
|16||Gramin Bank of Aryavart||Lucknow||Uttar Pradesh||Hindi|
|17||Himachal Pradesh Gramin Bank||Mandi||Himachal Pradesh||Hindi|
|18||J & K Grameen Bank||Jammu||Jammu & Kashmir||Dogri, Kashmiri, Pahari, Gojri, Punjabi, Ladakhi, Balti (Palli), Dardi|
|19||Jharkhand Gramin Bank||Ranchi||Jharkhand||Hindi|
|20||Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank||Dharwad||Karnataka||Kannada|
|21||KashiGomtiSamyut Gramin Bank||Varanasi||Uttar Pradesh||Hindi|
|22||Kaveri Grameena Bank||Mysore||Karnataka||Kannada|
|23||Kerala Gramin Bank||Mallapuram||Kerala||Malayalam|
|24||Langpi Dehangi Rural Bank||Diphu||Assam||Assamese, Bengali, Bodo|
|25||Madhya Bihar Gramin Bank||Patna||Bihar||Hindi|
|26||Madhyanchal Gramin Bank||Sagar||Madhya Pradesh||Hindi|
|27||Maharashtra Gramin Bank||Aurangabad||Maharashtra||Marathi|
|28||Malwa Gramin Bank||Sangrur||Punjab||Punjabi|
|29||Manipur Rural Bank||Imphal||Manipur||Manipuri|
|30||Meghalaya Rural Bank||Shillong||Meghalaya||Khasi, Garo|
|31||Mizoram Rural Bank||Aizawl||Mizoram||Mizo|
|32||Nagaland Rural Bank||Kohima||Nagaland||English|
|33||Narmada Jhabua Gramin Bank||Indore||Madhya Pradesh||Hindi|
|34||Odisha Gramya Bank||Bhubaneshwar||Odisha||Odia|
|35||Pallavan Grama Bank||Salem||Tamil Nadu||Tamil|
|36||Pandyan Grama Bank||Virudhunagar||Tamil Nadu||Tamil|
|37||Paschim Banga Gramin Bank||Howrah||West Bengal||Bengali|
|38||Pragathi Krishna Gramin Bank||Bellary||Karnataka||Kannada|
|39||Prathama Bank||Moradabad||Uttar Pradesh||Hindi|
|40||Puduvai Bharthiar Grama Bank||Puducherry||Puducherry||Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu|
|41||Punjab Gramin Bank||Kapurthala||Punjab||Punjabi|
|42||Purvanchal Bank||Gorakhpur||Uttar Pradesh||Hindi|
|43||Rajasthan Marudhara Gramin Bank||Jodhpur||Rajasthan||Hindi|
|44||Saptagiri Grameena Bank||Chittor||Andhra Pradesh||Telugu|
|45||Sarva Haryana Gramin Bank||Rohtak||Haryana||Hindi|
|46||Sarva UP Gramin Bank||Meerut||Uttar Pradesh||Hindi|
|47||Saurashtra Gramin Bank||Rajkot||Gujarat||Gujarati|
|48||Sutlej Gramin Bank||Bhatinda||Punjab||Punjabi|
|49||Telangana Grameena Bank||Hyderabad||Telangana||Telugu, Urdu|
|50||Tripura Gramin Bank||Agartala||Tripura||Bengali, Kokborak|
|52||Uttarbanga Kshetriya Gramin Bank||Coochbehar||West Bengal||Bengali, Nepali|
|53||Uttar Bihar Gramin Bank||Muzaffarpur||Bihar||Hindi|
|54||Uttarakhand Gramin Bank||Dehradun||Uttarakhand||Hindi, Sanskrit|
|55||Vananchal Gramin Bank||Dumka||Jharkhand||Hindi|
|56||Vidharbha Konkan Gramin Bank||Nagpur||Maharashtra||Marathi|
IBPS RRB CWE-VI Important Dates
The tentative schedule of events related to IBPS RRB 2017 recruitment exam is given in the table below:
|Online Examination – Preliminary||Officer Scale-I – 09.09.2017, 10.09.2017 and 16.09.2017 (if required)
Office Assistant- 17, 23 & 24.09.2017 (if required)
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary||Officer Scale-I – October 2017
Office Assistant- October 2017
|Online Examination – Main||Officers (I, II & III) – 05.11.2017
Office Assistant – 12.11.2017
|Declaration of Result – Main (For Officers Scale I, II and III)||November 2017|
|Conduct of interview (For Officers Scale I, II and III)||December 2017|
There are total of 15570 vacancies for the post of Office Assistant, Officer Scale I/II/III in IBPS RRB 2017. Every year, huge number of aspirants apply for the IBPS RRB exam from different regions of the country.
IBPS RRB 2017: Eligibility Criteria
There are certain norms and rules specified by the IBPS board for all the candidates for RRB Exam. All the candidates must abide by rules for various posts of IBPS RRB 2017.
Age Limit (As on 1 July 2017)
Officer Scale I
Above 18 years – Below 30 years i.e. candidates should not have been born earlier than 03.07.1987 and later than 30.06.1999 (both dates inclusive)
Officer Scale II
Officer Scale III
The candidate must possess a graduate degree from a recognized University or its equivalent. But, the qualification varies a little for each post which we have elaborated below:
IBPS RRB Office Assistant (Multipurpose)
- Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent. Proficiency in the local language as prescribed by the participating RRB/s, as well as professional computer skills, are also desirable.
- No Experience is required for this position.
IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I
- Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent. Preference will be given to the candidates having a degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics or Accountancy. You must be proficient in the local language as per the norms set by participating RRBs. Computer knowledge or awareness will be desirable.
- No Experience is required for this position.
Officer Scale-II General Banking Officer
- Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Preference will be given to the candidates having a degree in Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics, and Accountancy.
- Experience: Two years as an officer in a Bank or Financial Institution.
IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II Specialist Officers
- Information Technology Officer: Degree from a recognized University in Electronics / Communication / Computer Science / Information Technology or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Certificate in ASP, PHP, C++, Java, VB, VC, OCP etc will be desirable. Work Experience- 1 year.
- Chartered Accountant: Certified Associate (CA) from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Work Experience- 1 year.
- Law Officer: Degree from a recognized University in Law or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Work Experience- Two years as an advocate or should have worked as Law Officer in Banks or Financial Institutions for a period not less than two years.
- Treasury Manager: Certified Associate (CA) from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or MBA in Finance from a recognized university/ institution. Work Experience- 1 year.
- Marketing Officer: MBA in Marketing from a recognized university. Work Experience- 1 year.
- Agricultural Officer: Degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Dairy/ Animal Husbandry/ Forestry/ Veterinary Science/ Agricultural Engineering/ Pisciculture from a recognized university or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Work Experience- 2 years.
IBPS RRB Officer Scale-III
- Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Preference will be given to the candidates having Degree/ Diploma in Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics, and Accountancy.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years experience as an Officer in a Bank or Financial Institutions.
IBPS RRB Selection Procedure
IBPS RRB has issued notification regarding the post of Officer Assistant, Officer Scale I, II, III. There are different selection procedures for different vacancies in IBPS RRB Examination 2017.
Officer Assistant Selection
The post of Office Assistant in Rural Banks is different than an Officer Post. It is a clerk-level post where you are in-charge of documentation, filing etc. Still, IBPS RRB Selection Procedure 2017 for Office Assistant (Multipurpose) Post is a 2-Tier Process. There will be a Prelims & Mains Written Examination for the recruitment to Regional Rural Banks (RRBs).
Officer Scale I
The post of Officer Scale I in Rural Banks is different than an Office Assistant. Unlike Assistant, it is more central towards decision making rather than clerical works.IBPS RRB Selection Procedure 2017 for Officer Scale I Post is a 3-Tier Process. There will be a Prelims & Mains Written Examination for the recruitment to Regional Rural Banks (RRBs), followed by an Interview.
Officer Scale II (General/ Specialist) & Scale III
IBPS RRB Selection Procedure 2017 for both Scale II & III is a 2-Tier Process. But, unlike the recruitment process for an assistant, there will be a Single Written Examination followed by an Interview for the recruitment to Regional Rural Banks (RRBs).
IBPS RRB 2017 Admit Card
IBPS will publish IBPS RRB 2017 admit cards for prelims, mains and interview round (where applicable) for different posts mentioned in IBPS RRB 2017 notification. Candidates can download their admit card from the official site of IBPS.
Candidates have to paste a colored passport size photo on the admit card. Passport size photo should be as same as the one uploaded during online IBPS RRB application registration. Candidates have to take a hard copy of the downloaded admit cards along with the photo ID card in original.
IBPS RRB 2017 Vacancies
The overall vacancies for IBPS RRB exam 2017 is 15570. The Post wise distribution of IBPS RRB Vacancies is as follows:
|Posts||No of Vacancies|
|Office Assistants (Multipurpose)||9048|
|Officers Scale I||5236|
|Officers Scale II (Agricultural Officer)||166|
|Officers Scale II (Marketing)||35|
|Officers Scale II (Treasury Manager)||13|
|Officers Scale II (Law)||27|
|Officers Scale –II (Chartered Accountant)||38|
|Officers Scale II (Information Technology officer)||95|
|Officer Scale-II (General Banking Officer)||1373|
|Officer Scale III||169|
IBPS RRB Exam Syllabus 2017
For any recruitment exam, the syllabus is the most important piece of information with which candidates prepare accordingly. Here we have provided the entire IBPS RRB 2017 Syllabus for every post.
IBPS RRB Officer Scale Syllabus 2017– The syllabus for the post of Officer Scale 1 in IBPS RRB CWE Recruitment Examination for both Prelims and Mains has been mentioned below in a section-wise format.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Syllabus 2017– The syllabus for the post of Office Assistant in IBPS RRB CWE Recruitment Examination for both Prelims and Mains has been mentioned below.
The syllabus for all the posts in IBPS RRB CWE Recruitment Examination for both Prelims and Mains have been mentioned below in a section-wise format.
IBPS RRB Reasoning Ability Syllabus
- Seating Arrangement
- Logical Reasoning
- Blood Relations
- Alphanumeric Series
- Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test
- Data Insufficiency
- Odd Figures
- Decision Making
- Input output
- Assertion and reason
- Figure Series
- Word formation
- Statement and Conclusions
- Statement and assumptions
- Statement and arguments
- Statement and action’s courses
- Passage and Conclusions
IBPS RRB Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- Data Interpretation
- Permutations and Combinations
- Sequence and Series
- Number Systems
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Work and Time
- Time and Distance
- Mixtures and Allegations
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Surds and Indices
- Sequence and Series
- Pie Charts
- Bar Graphs
- Line Graphs
- Mixed Graphs
- Case Study
IBPS RRB Numerical Ability Syllabus
- LCM and HCF
- Missing Numbers
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Series Completion
- Profit and Loss
- Prices and Expenditure Problems
- Simple and Compound Interest
IBPS RRB English Language Syllabus
- Cloze Test
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Paragraph Completion/ Sentence Correction
- Synonyms/ Antonyms
- Multiple Meaning
- Error Spotting
IBPS RRB Hindi Language Syllabus
- Samanarthak Shabd
- Vipritarthak Shabd
- Gadyansh (Paragraph)
- Fill in the blanks with suitable words
IBPS RRB General Awareness Syllabus
- Current Affairs (last 6 months)
- Banking Awareness – Indian Financial System
- History and Structure of Indian Banking
- Indian Economy
- Regulatory bodies – RBI, SEBI, IRDA, PFRDA, FSDC, FMC
- History/Functions/Roles of RBI
- Budget Basics
- Current Union Budget
- International Organisations/ Financial Institutions
- Indian Constitution
- Government Schemes
- Monetary and Credit Policies
- Concepts like BASEL
- Micro Finance
- Base Rate
- Negotiable Instruments
- Credit Rating Agencies
- Financial Inclusions
- Teaser Rates
- Priority Sector Lending
- Important Dates
- Current Bank Rates
- Awards & Honours Sports
IBPS RRB Computer Knowledge Syllabus
- The Internet (Concept, History, Working Environment, Application)
- History of Computers
- Database Management System
- Communication (Basic Introduction)
- Operating System
- Security Tools
- Number System
- MS Windows and MS Office
- Networking (LAN & WAN)
- Shortcut Keys
- Computer Abbreviations
IBPS RRB Exam Pattern 2017
The online examination for the next Common Recruitment Process for RRBs (CWE VI) for recruitment of Group “A”-Officers (Scale-I, II & III) and Group “B”-Office Assistants (Multipurpose) will be conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) tentatively in the month of September 2017. Let us read about the structure of IBPS RRB 2017 examination.
IBPS RRB Assistant Exam Pattern
- RRB exam will consist of two phase- Prelims and Mains.
- The Preliminary Examination will comprise of Two papers – Reasoning and Numerical Ability
- The total time duration to solve these questions is 45 minutes.
- Negative marking is applicable in the case of a wrong attempt.
- Only if the candidate clears this exam, he/she will be allowed to appear for the mains examination.
- For IBPS RRB Mains Examination, there will be 5 sections-Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, English/ Hindi Language, Computer Language.
- The total mark of the Mains Examination for both the posts is 200 marks.
IBPS RRB Officer Scale I Exam Pattern
Similar to IBPS RRB Office Assistant examination structure, the exam pattern for IBPS RRB Prelims 2017 will be objective MCQ based. There will be 2 sections – Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude, with 40 questions each. The most important details regarding IBPS RRB Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme for Prelims Examination are as follows.
- The Written Examination will be bilingual i.e. English/ Hindi.
- There will be 80 questions in total, 40 from each section.
- Each question will carry 1 mark. Hence, the total score will be 80.
- For every wrong attempt, 0.25 mark will be deducted.
- The total time will be 45 minutes.
After the declaration of IBPS RRB Result for Preliminary Examination, a merit list will be prepared for all the shortlisted candidates for the Mains Examination for Officer Scale I Post
IBPS RRB Officer Scale II, III Exam Pattern
- There will be a single phase for IBPS RRB Officers Scale II and III.
- RRB Officer II and III exam will carry 200 marks.
IBPS RRB Mock Tests 2017
Candidates have to give IBPS RRB 2017 Mock Test to accumulate the old revisions of each section together so that they did not find any difficulty or lose hope in attempting RRB exam. This practice set comprises questions from all the sections which can help you to add feathers in your cap.
IBPS RRB Result 2017
The result of IBPS RRB is published online on IBPS official site. We will also provide a direct link to the upcoming IBPS RRB 2017 results here. Those candidates who will be able to qualify IBPS RRB Prelims examination will move to further phase i.e IBPS RRB Mains examination. Candidate can check IBPS RRB 2017 Prelims exam result by entering either registration number or roll number with his/her date of birth mentioned on the admit card. In case you do not remember the log in details, please refer to your email wherein you received a confirmation email. Those candidates who will qualify Phase 2 will be called for interview round (where applicable).
IBPS RRB: Interview 2017
Candidates who are shortlisted based on IBPS RRB Mains Examination are called for Interview Round. The final seat allotment is done on the basis of scores from the both Mains Written Examination and Interview.
IBPS RRB Interview Phase is only for the post of Officer scale I,II,III.There will not be any interview for the post of IBPS RRB Office Assistant.
IBPS RRB 2017 Best Books
The best books are those which deal with a particular section in detail and which have solved question papers for the previous few years. Here is our list of some IBPS RRB 2017 Exam best books that will help in your Upcoming Exam preparation massively:
Suggested by elite exam experts, these books will definitely help in improving your knowledge for your upcoming exam.
|Subject||Recommended IBPS RRB Best Books||Publisher|
|IBPS Assistant Prelims Test Series||IBPS RRB Assistant Pre Test Series||Guider Publications|
|IBPS Office Assistant Test Series||IBPS RRBs Office Assistant Mock Test Series||Knowledge Group|
|IBPS Office Assistant Guide||IBPS-CWE RRB Guide for Office Assistant Multipurpose Prelims and Mains Exam||Disha Publications|
|IBPS RRB Practice Set||20 Practice Sets Workbook for IBPS-CWE RRB Office Assistant Preliminary Exam||Disha Publications|
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Practice Sets||20 Practice Sets Workbook for IBPS-CWE RRB Officer Scale I Preliminary Exam||Disha Publications|
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale I Prelims Test Series||IBPS RRB Officer Scale I Prelims Test Series 2017||Arihant Publications|
|IBPS RRB Scale I Officer Prelims Practice Test Series||IBPS RRB Scale I Officer Prelims Practice Test Series||Luminous Point|
|RRB Officers Scale-I||RRB Officers Scale-I Common Written Exam||Upkar Publications|