IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis | 10th September Slot 3: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is conducting the preliminary examination for the post of IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 in a number of shifts today. Candidates appearing for IBPS RRB Officer Preliminary Examination should really give this a thorough read. We have already covered Shift-I and Shift-II of this examination in our previous articles:
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 September 9 Exam Analysis (All Shifts)
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 September 10 Exam Analysis (Shift I)
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 September 10 Exam Analysis (Shift II)
We will be providing an in-depth analysis of each shift in our blog today and the candidates can compare their performance depending on the shift they appeared in. This our paper review of Shift-III of IBPS RRB Preliminary Examination for Officer Scale 1 post.
IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis 2017 | 10 September Slot 3
As per the exam syllabus and pattern for IBPS RRB Officer Examination, there were 80 questions in total. Each question carried 1 mark and the total time to solve the paper was 45 minutes.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Now, talking about the difficulty level of the exam here is our detailed IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis for Shift-III of 10th September. Similar to earlier shifts, the paper had a difficulty level ranging from Easy to marginally Moderate. Most candidates said questions were doable and quite easy to solve but being a competitive recruitment examination, it is expected that a few questions will be a little challenging, which was today’s’ case.
Proceed further into detailed IBPS RRB Exam Analysis with Prelims section-wise paper review of each topic asked in today’s slot.
IBPS RRB Officer Exam Analysis for Reasoning Ability Section
- Good Attempts: 32-35 Questions
- Level of Difficulty: Easy – Moderate
We begin our IBPS RRB Officer Exam Analysis with the Reasoning Section. This section was the easiest to attempt with most questions being quite direct application based. The topic-wise review and distribution are as follows:
- Sitting Arrangement & Puzzles – 20 Questions
- Logical Syllogisms – 5 Questions
- Mathematical Inequalities – 5 Questions
- Coding-Decoding – 5 Questions
- Miscellaneous – 5 Questions
As stated earlier, Candidates having a good reasoning knowledge and practice can attempt 32-35 questions easily in this section.
IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis for Quant Section
- Good Attempts: 24-27 Questions
- Level of Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
The Quant Section in today’s’ IBPS Prelims Examination had a mixed number of Easy to Moderate Questions. The topic-wise review and distribution are as follows:
- Approximation – 5 Questions
- Quadratic Equation – 5 Questions
- Number Series – 5 Questions
- Data Interpretation – 15 Questions (1 Set of 5 Questions from Bar Graphs, 1 Set of 5 Questions from Line Graphs,1 Set of 5 Questions from Pie Chart)
- Miscellaneous – 10 Questions (Profit and Loss, Percentage, Average, Partnership, Problem on Ages, Time/ Distance and Speed, Boats and Trains)
As stated earlier, Candidates having a good reasoning knowledge and practice can attempt 24-27 questions easily.
Based on our calculations, we assume a good attempt to be around 56-62 Questions with 90% accuracy. We hope this article on IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis has provided you some good insights on your performance.