IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis: The Institue of Banking & Personnel Selection has now culminated the Day-I of IBPS RRB Officer Scale I Preliminary Examination. As we have stated earlier, the shortlisted candidates from the first phase will be called for the next round, Mains Examination.
Here we begin our IBPS RRB Officer Prelims 9th September Exam Analysis for Shift-4, where will discuss the difficulty level of the paper as well as the number of good attempts essential for qualifying for mains exam.
IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis | 9 September (Slot 4)
To give a little preface to new users, the IBPS RRB Prelims Exam was composed of 2 sections i.e. Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning Ability. There were 80 questions in total. & each question carried 1 mark.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
The total time was 45 minutes. Hence, Speed, Accuracy, and Planning are surely needed to have a good number of attempts with maximum accuracy.
The Overall Difficulty Level of the questions asked in IBPS RRB Officer Prelims 9th September (Slot IV) ranged from Easy-Moderate. Let us dig a bit deeper and understand the construct of the paper section-wise.
IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis for Reasoning Section
The level of the questions asked in reasoning section ranged from Easy to Moderate, and some were plain confusing. The Paper was a bit lengthy. The topic-wise breakdown is as follows.
- Sitting Arrangement & Puzzles – 20 Questions
- Logical Syllogisms – 5 Questions
- Mathematical Inequalities – 5 Questions
- Coding-Decoding – 5 Questions
- Miscellaneous – 5 Questions
Candidates having a good reasoning knowledge and practice can attempt 32-35 questions easily.
IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis for Quant Section
In the quantitative aptitude section of IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I, the level of the questions asked in reasoning section ranged from Easy to Moderate but a bit calculative. The topic-wise breakdown is as follows:
- Approximation – 5 Questions
- Quadratic Equation – 5 Questions
- Number Series – 5 Questions
- Data Interpretation – 15 Questions (1 Set of 5 Questions from Bar Graphs, 1 Set of 5 Questions from Line Graphs,1 Set of 5 Questions from Pie Chart)
- Miscellaneous – 10 Questions (Profit and Loss, Percentage, Average, Partnership, Problem on Ages, Time/ Distance and Speed, Boats and Trains)
Candidates having a good reasoning knowledge and practice can attempt 24-27 questions easily.
Based on our calculations, we assume a good attempt to be around 56-62 Questions with 90% accuracy. We hope this article on IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis has provided you some good insights on your performance.
Missed our previous articles on IBPS RRB Officer Exam Analysis? Refer to the links below:
- IBPS RRB Officer Exam Analysis: 9th September 2017 (Shift-I)
- IBPS RRB Officer Exam Analysis: 9th September 2017 (Shift-II)
- IBPS RRB Officer Exam Analysis: 9th September 2017 (Shift-III)