IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains Exam Analysis: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection held the second stage of written examination for IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I today i.e 5th November. The shortlisted candidates from the preliminary phase were called for this paper.We will be formulating IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains for today, to understand what all the paper is offering in terms of level of difficulty and variation of questions.
The candidates who are able to crack IBPS RRB Officer Mains Examination will be called for the final round i.e. the Interview. So, let us go through the paper review for RRB Mains.
IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains Exam Analysis
- 1 IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains Exam Analysis
- 1.1 IBPS RRB Officer Mains Exam Analysis for Reasoning Section
- 1.2 IBPS RRB Officer Mains Exam Analysis for Quant Section
- 1.3 IBPS RRB Officer Mains Exam Analysis for GK Section
- 1.4 IBPS RRB Officer Mains Exam Analysis for Computer Knowledge Section
- 1.5 IBPS RRB Officer Mains Exam Analysis for English Section
- 1.6 Share this:
The second stage written examination for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 consisted of 5 sections with a total of 200 questions and 200 marks.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English/ Hindi Language||40||40|
The total time to solve the entire paper was 2 hours i.e. 120 minutes. Being the second stage of 3 Tier process, the level had to amped up so that only the best of the best candidates qualify.
The overall difficulty level of IBPS RRB Officer Mains Exam 2017 ranged from Moderate to Difficult. To ace an exam with 5 sections, you need to attempt atleast 3 sections with the utmost proficiency and merely clear the sectional cutoff for the rest. Let us dig deep into the section-wise IBPS RRB Officer Mains Exam Analysis and understand how easy/ moderate/ hard was each of them.
IBPS RRB Officer Mains Exam Analysis for Reasoning Section
- Number of Good Attempts: 20-22
- Level of Difficulty: Difficult
Beginning our paper review of Mains Examination, the Reasoning Section was full highly confusing questions. The topic-wise distribution was as follows.
- Sitting Arrangement and Puzzles : 21
- Direction Sense: 4
- Data Sufficiency: 5
- Machine Input-Output: 5
- Logical Reasoning: 5
Highlights of IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Reasoning Section
- Candidates found Puzzles and Seating Arrangement questions hard to crack.
- Data Sufficiency questions were puzzle and coding based
- Questions based on Machine Input- Output was hard to solve which were based based on double shifting
IBPS RRB Officer Mains Exam Analysis for Quant Section
- Number of Good Attempts: 12-13
- Level of Difficulty: Difficult
The common nightmare of every aspirant, the Quant Section, was an actual nightmare this year. The section was on the challenging side, The level of Numerical Ability was extremely Difficult and there were 4 sets of Data Interpretation Questions. The topic-wise distribution was as follows.
- Data Interpretation: 20
- Time and Work: 1
- Ratio and Proportion: 1
- Partnership: 1
- Wrong Number Series: 5
- Data Sufficiency: 5
- Miscellaneous (Probability, Mixture and Allegation, Boat and Stream etc.) : 7
Highlights of IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Quant Section
- Data Interpretation included 4 sets: 1 Pie chart, 1 Caselet, and 1 tabular, Bar graph.
- Number Series was based on wrong number series.
IBPS RRB Officer Mains Exam Analysis for GK Section
- Number of Good Attempts: 31-33
- Level of Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
This section in IBPS RRB Mains Paper was the first score booster. Most questions were based on Static GK and ranged from easy to slightly challenging category. Even though the section had a familiar tone to candidates who regularly follow news, any guess work would result in negative score in case the wrong answer has been marked.
IBPS RRB Officer Mains Exam Analysis for Computer Knowledge Section
- Number of Good Attempts: 33-35
- Level of Difficulty: Easy
This section was the biggest score booster among all the sections. IBPS RRB Mains Paper only covered basic questions related to Computer Basics, Networking, Functions etc., which an average user of computer/ laptop usually knows.
IBPS RRB Officer Mains Exam Analysis for English Section
- Number of Good Attempts: 19-21
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult
The final section in our IBPS RRB Mains Exam Analysis is English. Adding more surprise to the challenging paper, the Pattern of English Language section was changed across all the questions asked in this section. The topic-wise distribution of questions is as follows.
- Reading Comprehension (Economic breakdown) – 14 Questions
- Sentence Filler (Idioms/ sentence/ word based) – 10 Questions
- Sentence Improvement – 5 Questions
- Opposite Pairs, Sentence connecters: 11
Highlights of IBPS RRB Officer Mains English Section:
- Beginning with RC, the Pattern of English Language section was changed
- The paragraph was riddled with challenging words, which made it hard to scan through the lines optimally.
- The only solace were the questions based on Cloze Test. Sentences which would not fill the given blank of the passage aptly had to be identified.
We conclude our section-wise IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains Exam Analysis here. Based on the level of difficulty and previous trends, we expect the overall attempt of 115-125 questions with good proficiency an optimal score for moving the next round.