MHA IB ACIO Prelims Exam Analysis: To recruit eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Central Intelligence Officer (ACIO) in the IB Department, IB conducted its first round of recruitment process i.e MHA IB ACIO Grade II 2017 today i.e 15th October. The exam was conducted from 10 AM to 11 AM.
In an attempt to provide clarity to all the candidates about their performance, we now begin our IB ACIO Exam Analysis, which basically tells about the difficulty level, Exam Analysis, Prelims Paper Review and the number of Good Attempts for getting shortlisted for the next round.
MHA IB ACIO Prelims Exam Analysis: 15th October 2017
- 1 MHA IB ACIO Prelims Exam Analysis: 15th October 2017
- 1.1 MHA IB ACIO Prelims Exam Analysis for Quantitative Aptitude (Calculative/ Moderate to Difficult)
- 1.2 MHA IB ACIO Prelims Exam Analysis for Reasoning Ability (Easy to Moderate)
- 1.3 MHA IB ACIO Prelims Exam Analysis for General Awareness ( Moderate)
- 1.4 MHA IB ACIO Prelims Exam Analysis for English Language (Moderate)
- 1.5 Share this:
There were 4 sections of ACIO Tier 1 Exam 2017 are General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, Analytical Ability & English Language. Refer to the following table to better understand the IB ACIO Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme. Below given is the detail of IB ACIO Grade II Tier 1.
|Mode of Examination||Subjects||Marks||Duration|
|1||Tier 1 – Objective Type||General Awareness||100||60 Minutes|
- There was negative marking of ¼ mark for each wrong answer in Tier-I.
- No marks was awarded for an un-attempted question.
- Only those candidates would be called for Tier-II exam who come up to a certain standard in Tier-I.
- For Tier-II examination, there will be a minimum cut off marks of 33%
Now, back to IB ACIO Exam Analysis for the paper conducted on 15 October 2017. The overall difficulty level of IB ACIO Preliminary Examination was Moderate. Owing to the level of competition, it was evident that a rather challenging paper is the best way to shortlist the most deserving ones.
MHA IB ACIO Prelims Exam Analysis for Quantitative Aptitude (Calculative/ Moderate to Difficult)
Beginning our section-wise review of the paper with the Quant section, The Quant Section of IB ACIO Prelims Examination was both challenging and full of calculations. Most of the Questions out of 25 were based on Time and Distance Topic. The topic-wise distribution of questions asked in Quant section is as follows.
- Time and work -1
- Time & distance – 12
- Avg – 4
- Series – 4
- Combination – 1
- CI/ SI – 1
- Simplification – 2
Let us move to the next section i.e Reasoning Ability.
MHA IB ACIO Prelims Exam Analysis for Reasoning Ability (Easy to Moderate)
- Non verbal – 3
- Series – 8
- Syllo – 1
- Clock – 1
- Direction – 1
- Sitting arrangement -1
- Blood relation – 2
- Statement argument and assumption – 4
- Alphabet/ dictionary – 4
Let us move to the next section i.e General Awareness
MHA IB ACIO Prelims Exam Analysis for General Awareness ( Moderate)
- Current affairs – 7
- History – 4
- Polity – 3
- Static affair – 3
- Science – 2
- Economy – 6
MHA IB ACIO Prelims Exam Analysis for English Language (Moderate)
The difficulty level of this section was Moderate. The topic wise distribution is as follows:
- Synonym / antonym – 9
- One word subs – 4
- Sentence correction – 5
- Fill in the blank -4
- Pairs – 3