How to Prepare for AWES General Awareness Subject: Army Welfare Education Society announced more than 8000 job vacancies for posts like TGT, PGT and PRT country-wide at Army Public Schools that impart education to the children of the Indian armed forces personnel. AWES today stands strong with more than 135 Army Public Schools, 249 Army Pre-primary Schools and many other institutions of higher education.
Those candidates looking for a govt. job in the teaching sector will find it as a perfect opportunity to fulfill their ambition. In this article, we will help aspirants to get prepare for AWES General Awareness Subject.
Army Public School AWES Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The selection procedure for AWES recruitment 2016 will have 3 levels i.e screening, interview and written examination. All aspiring candidates who are eligible will have to appear for the screening test first. Those who are able to clear the screening will then appear for the interview and the written test.
Recommended: General Knowledge 100 MCQs
To qualify for interview and evaluation of teaching skills, the candidates have to pass a Screening Examination.
AWES Exam Pattern for Screening Exam
The online screening test will have Objective Multiple Choice Questions. Those who qualify in this stage will be given Score Cards which are valid for life provided the candidates pick up teaching job in any CBSE affiliated school within three years from the date of passing the screening exam. In addition to fresh candidates, the following may also appear for the screening test:
- Holders of Score Cards who want to improve their scores.
- Those desirous of upgrading themselves. For E.g. a candidate holding Scorecard of TGT may now want to obtain a card for PGT, having acquired additional qualification.
|PGT/ TGT||Part A||General awareness, Mental
Concepts and Methodology
|Part B||Specific to subject||90|
|PRT||Part A||General awareness, Mental
Concepts and Methodology
- Scores will be normalized to 100.
- There will be negative marking. 1/4 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Parts A & B will be will be available together and the candidates have freedom to answer questions in the order in which they prefer.
- To qualify for a post, the candidate must score minimum 50% marks in each part.
- Total time to solve the paper for TGT/ PGT posts including both parts is 3 hours.
- Total time to solve the paper for PRT Post is 90 minutes.
AWES Exam Pattern for Written Test
Evaluation of Teaching skills and computer proficiency will be tested through a written test. All those who qualify the screening test and Interview will appear for the written test. For Language teachers, written test comprising Essay & Comprehension of 15 marks each will be held along with evaluation of teaching skills.
Recommended: General Knowledge Digest
Selection Committee may also hold Computer proficiency tests if they so desire. This was the APS AWES pattern and exam structure for various posts of the APS Recruitment 2016.
AWES General Awareness Subject Syllabus
Now, let’s have a look at the APS AWES General Awareness syllabus for all the posts of Army Public School Exam.
- Indian History.
- Indian National Movement.
- Critical Days.
- General Science.
- Countries & Capitals
- Current Affairs – UP, National & International.
- Awards and Honors.
- Budget and Five Year Plans.
- Science & Technology.
- General Polity.
- International & National Organizations.
- Indian Economy.
- Books and Authors.
- Science– Inventions & Discoveries.
Try to align your preparation with the above given AWES General Awareness Syllabus.
How to Prepare for AWES General Awareness Subject
Let us now help aspirants by providing some crucial tips to prepare for AWES General Awareness subject.
- Prepare your exam with Practice sample papers/ Previous year solved Paper.
- Try mock test papers and practice all the questions for gaining perfection in attempts.
- It is important to analyze each and every practice or mock test you appear for. It helps in giving you a rough idea of your level of preparation for the exam and apply strategy accordingly.
- Speed is an important factor when you are looking to solve the paper and save time for revision as well. Regular practice of questions can enhance your speed.
- Understand Paper pattern for AWES General Awareness Subject.
- Make Handy Notes for Current Affairs.
- Make a habit of reading newspaper daily to grab a lead over current affairs.
- Attempt G.K Quizzes daily.
- Make it a goal to learn something everyday and to improve your mistakes simultaneously.
Recommended: General Knowledge 500 MCQs
So, here we end up our article on AWES General Awareness Subject preparation. Stay connected for more information regarding AWES Recruitment 2016. To excel in recruitment examinations, download the Best PGT TGT Exam Preparation App for free.