How to Prepare for AWES Mental Ability Subject 2016: Army Welfare Education Society(AWES) is a unique organisation set with the purpose of providing quality education to children of military personnel. This year, around 8000 vacancies are available for candidates looking for teaching jobs across the country.
Those candidates looking for a govt. job in the teaching sector will find it as a perfect opportunity to fulfill their ambition. In this article, we will help aspirants to get prepare for AWES Mental Ability Subject.
Army Public School AWES Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The selection procedure for AWES recruitment 2016 will have 3 levels i.e screening, interview and written examination. All aspiring candidates who are eligible will have to appear for the screening test first. Those who are able to clear the screening will then appear for the interview and the written test.
To qualify for interview and evaluation of teaching skills, the candidates have to pass a Screening Examination.
AWES Exam Pattern for Screening Exam
The online screening test will have Objective Multiple Choice Questions. Those who qualify in this stage will be given Score Cards which are valid for life provided the candidates pick up teaching job in any CBSE affiliated school within three years from the date of passing the screening exam. In addition to fresh candidates, the following may also appear for the screening test:
- Holders of Score Cards who want to improve their scores.
- Those desirous of upgrading themselves. For E.g. a candidate holding Scorecard of TGT may now want to obtain a card for PGT, having acquired additional qualification.
|PGT/ TGT||Part A||General awareness, Mental
Concepts and Methodology
|Part B||Specific to subject||90|
|PRT||Part A||General awareness, Mental
Concepts and Methodology
- Scores will be normalized to 100.
- There will be negative marking. 1/4 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Parts A & B will be will be available together and the candidates have freedom to answer questions in the order in which they prefer.
- To qualify for a post, the candidate must score minimum 50% marks in each part.
- Total time to solve the paper for TGT/ PGT posts including both parts is 3 hours.
- Total time to solve the paper for PRT Post is 90 minutes.
AWES Exam Pattern for Written Test
Evaluation of Teaching skills and computer proficiency will be tested through a written test. All those who qualify the screening test and Interview will appear for the written test. For Language teachers, written test comprising Essay & Comprehension of 15 marks each will be held along with evaluation of teaching skills. Selection Committee may also hold Computer proficiency tests if they so desire. This was the APS AWES pattern and exam structure for various posts of the APS Recruitment 2016.
AWES Mental Ability Subject Syllabus
Now, let’s have a look at the APS AWES Mental Ability syllabus for all the posts of Army Public School Exam.
- Decision Making.
- Visual Memory.
- Discriminating Observation.
- Relationship Concepts.
- Verbal and Figure Classification.
- Arithmetical Number Series.
- Non-Verbal Series.
- Similarities and Differences.
- Space Visualization.
- Problem Solving.
Try to align your preparation with the above given AWES Mental Ability Syllabus. This will help you to gain an insight into the important topics for AWES recruitment examination.
How to Prepare for AWES Mental Ability Subject
- Try to align your preparation with the AWES exam pattern for Mental Ability Section in AWES Recruitment Exam. This will help candidate to attempt AWES Mental Ability section in better ways.
- Give mock tests regularly. Mock test helps in a way that a candidate get prepared better for the upcoming exam.
- Revise sample papers and Previous year Exams. This will help you to gain an insight into the pattern.
- Read Question Twice in order to understand it correctly with no scope of mistake in interpretation of meaning.
- You need to solve previous years AWES Exam Papers first and your objectives should be as follows.
- Understand which topics where prominent in AWES recruitment Examination?
- Were the questions easy, moderate or difficult to solve?
- How much time you were able to dedicate to each section?
- What was your correct/ incorrect ratio while attempting?
- Analyze Your Performance and re-evaluate regularly to work on errors and doubts.
Recommended: Mental Ability for AWES Exam
So, here we end up our article on AWES Mental Ability Subject preparation. Stay connected for more information regarding AWES Recruitment 2016. To excel in recruitment examinations, download the Best PGT TGT Exam Preparation App for free.