How to Prepare for RRB ALP GK (General Awareness) Section 2018: Railway Recruitment Board will conduct its online examination for the recruitment of Assistant Loco Pilot & Technicians post. RRB will be conducting the recruitment examination in the month of April/May.
Want to Crack RRB Examination?
OnlineTyari has the recipe: Mix appropriate strategy with a pinch of best recommended study materials and you will be served success !!!!
USE Coupon BLOG20 and get 20% Discount
Many of the candidates have started preparing for RRB ALP exam. Let us help them further in preparing RRB ALP GK (General Awareness) Section for the upcoming examination.
How to Prepare for RRB ALP GK (General Awareness) Section 2018
Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. Topics on History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research and Current Affairs are expected to cover a major chunk of this section.
Do not skip current affairs. They are a crucial part of exam syllabus and their importance cannot be ignored!
RRB ALP GK (General Awareness): Polity
Again, Read NCERT Books of Class VIII to X for Polity, as it will cover most of the topics asked under the banner of Polity.
RRB ALP GK (General Awareness): Economy
The economy also contains 2 parts – Indian Economy and Economics. Indian Economy is the study of Indian Economics system and Economics Further comprises of two topics which include: Macroeconomics and Microeconomics. There is a few ambiguous topic which one should only prepare from trusted sources.
RRB ALP GK (General Awareness): Miscellaneous
The Miscellaneous Section may contain various topics like Current affairs, Computer Knowledge, Technology, Books and Authors, Sports, Persons and Places in News, Abbreviations, etc.
Only a limited set of questions are asked on Current Affairs. So, try not to dedicate a major portion of your time for it. Are you able to make out how to prepare for General Awareness for RRB ALP 2018? If Yes, proceed to the final section of this article.
RRB ALP General Awareness: Tips to remember
While you prepare for the upcoming RRB ALP General Awareness Section, here are a few important points to keep in mind.
- Read at least one newspaper daily, as it will help in both GK and English Sectional Preparation.
- Solve the Previous Year’s Question Paper of RRB ALP as it helps one to know the type of questions asked and the difficulty level.
- Follow at least one site for Daily Updates on GK and Current affairs.
- Unlike UPSC Civil Services Exam, the questions asked in Railways are a bit easy and direct. So, even with a rudimentary understanding of the basics, you can score good marks.
- From the analysis of previous years question paper, it has been observed that mostly questions are repeated as the same questions have been asked in different types. So in this case also solving previous years question paper would prove to be beneficial.
- Try to dedicate some time for revising what you’ve learnt. It is most important tip anyone can give.
Here we conclude our article on How to Prepare for RRB ALP GK (General Awareness) Exam 2018. You must now focus on your preparation and work hard towards achieving your goal. We will keep you posted on more updates.