How to Prepare for SSC CHSL English Language Section: Staff Selection Commission has released the exam notification for SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Examination 2016. Eligible candidates can submit their application form for SSC CHSL 2016 Recruitment by 25th November, 5:00 P.M. Interested candidates can apply for various SSC CHSL posts through official SSC CHSL website.
The SSC CHSL 2016 Notification has indicated the tentative number of vacancies for the post of Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant, LDC, DEO and Court Clerks. For SSC CHSL 2016 Recruitment, 5000+ vacancies have been announced. This is a golden chance for the aspirants who are looking for a government job. Meanwhile, let us help candidates to overcome written exam difficulties in preparing for SSC CHSL English Language section.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern and Structure 2016
First of all, let us have a look at the structure and exam pattern of SSC CHSL 2016. SSC CHSL English Language section constitutes 25% of the total score in SSC CHSL Tier 1 Examination.
|Name of the Section||Questions||Marks|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||25||50|
Hence, you need to lay an equal amount of focus on this section.
SSC CHSL English Language Syllabus
The essential topics for SSC CHSL English Language Tier 1 Exam are as follows:
- Sentence Improvement
- Sentence Correction
- Error Detection
- Idioms and phrases
- One word substitution
- Spelling mistakes
- Para Jumbles
- Cloze Test
To know about syllabus of other sections, please refer to this link. Now that you know about exam syllabus and topics essential towards English Language Preparation, let us know about the important preparation tips on How to Prepare for SSC CHSL English Language 2016. Pay attention to each point of these preparation tips.
SSC CHSL English Language: Tips & Tricks
It is necessary that you follow all these study tactics and tips in order to strengthen your overall prowess over English Language Section. Here we are providing some tips for preparing English for staff selection commission:
- First, you need to remember the Grammar Rules. However, you do not need to know all grammar rules after solving previous year papers you can easily understand what kind of question SSC is framing.
- For smart preparation of SSC CHSL Level Examination, the best method will be to get all the previous question papers and do daily practice.
- English Section in SSC CHSL Tier I specially judges your ability to understand English and Proper Usage of Grammar. For improvement on understanding English Read Newspapers and Books on Grammar.
- You need to develop a habit to learn new words daily from newspaper, news channels, books etc. It will help you to build up your own lexicon of essential words.
- Revise, Reflect and Learn from your mistakes. Revision will play an extremely vital role in improving your score in SSC CHSL English Language Section.
- It is very important to know your weak areas so that you can pay your special attention to them. Give more time to the study of the subject or topic that you are having difficulty with.
- Maintain a plan for each day to practice topics essential to SSC CHSL English Language Section and try to devote at least three hours for English exercise on daily basis.
- Try to maintain class notes by creating summary notes. Spot the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them.
- As you all know, Time Management is the important factor of every competitive examination. Therefore, you need to work on your speed. For solving questions at a faster pace, you have to test yourself on a daily basis by practice Mock Test and Assessments.
- Hard Work is essential for cracking SSC CHSL, but smart work trumps everything. Make sure you are putting your best foot forward.
We hope all these preparation tips will prove beneficial for the upcoming SSC CHSL Examination. If there any doubts or queries, let us know in the comments section below.