How to Prepare for SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude: The Staff Selection Commission has officially released the exam notification for SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Examination 2016. Today is the last date to apply for SSC CHSL Recruitment 2016. Interested candidates can apply for various SSC CHSL posts through official SSC CHSL website.
The SSC CHSL 2016 Notification has indicated the tentative number of vacancies for the post of Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant, LDC, DEO and Court Clerks. For SSC CHSL 2016 Recruitment, 5000+ vacancies have been announced. This is a golden chance for the aspirants who are looking for a government job. Meanwhile, let us help candidates to overcome written exam difficulties in preparing for SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude section.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern and Structure 2016
- 1 SSC CHSL Exam Pattern and Structure 2016
- 2 SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- 3 SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude: Tips & Tricks
First of all, let us have a look at the structure and exam pattern of SSC CHSL 2016. SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude section constitutes 25% of the total score in SSC CHSL Tier 1 Examination.
|Name of the Section||Questions||Marks|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||25||50|
Hence, you need to lay an equal amount of focus on this section.
SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
The essential topics for SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Tier 1 Exam are as follows.
- Arithmetic: Number System, Percentage, Profit and loss, Simple interest, Compound interest, Average,Ratio, Proportion, Partnership, Mixture & Allegation, Time and Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Time, Speed and Distance, Problems on Train and Problems on Boat and Stream.
- Geometry: Basics of Geometry, Triangle, Polygons, Circle and Miscellaneous.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Parallelogram, Rectangle, Pathway in a Rectangle, square Rhombus, Trapezium, Circle, Semi – Circle, Ring (shaded Region), Sector of a circle, Cube, Cuboid, Cylinder, Cone, Sphere, Hemisphere, Frustum, Right Prism, Pyramid and Tetrahedron.
- Data Interpretation: Basic Concept, Bar graph, Pie charts, Table charts and Line graph.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry Ratio Identities, Trigonometric values for Common angles, Sign of Trigonometric ratio, Range of Trigonometric Ratio, Range of m sinθ ± n cosθ, Value of different trigonometric series, Trigonometric ratio of multiple angles and Compound angle.
- Height and Distance: Angle of elevation, Angle of depression and Miscellaneous
To know about syllabus of other sections, please refer to this link. Now that you know about exam syllabus and topics essential towards Quant Preparation, let us know about the important preparation tips on How to Prepare for SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude 2016. Pay attention to each point of these preparation tips.
SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude: Tips & Tricks
It is necessary that you follow all these study tactics and tips in order to strengthen your overall prowess over Quantitative Aptitude Section.
1. Time Management
As you all know, Time Management is the important factor of any competitive exams. Therefore, you do not have much time to spend on calculations. For doing fast calculations, you should remember tables, square, cubes and square roots.
2. Basics, First!
When you start your preparation, do not try to solve questions by shortcut methods. You should memorize all the basic theories and formulas of all the chapters. If your basics are not clear, you may not be able to solve questions.
3. Create Summary Notes
Make a concise version of your class notes by creating summary notes. Spot the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them. You can identify key terms and concepts by paying attention to what has been emphasized in your classes, textbooks and course syllabus.
4. Plan Ahead
Maintain a plan for each day to practice topics. Try to devote at least three hours for Quant practice on daily basis.
5. Practice and Practice
Once you are done with basics, practice as much as you can with sample questions of previous years.
6. Use of Shortcut Methods in the Right Way
Remembering short tricks in the Quant section can be a lifeline and a time saver for any competitive exam. This section can turn out to be easy for you to attempt , if you apply short tricks in the right way.
8. Learn Methods for Calculating at a Faster Pace
Try calculating in your mind. You need to divide complex calculations into parts and solve it in your mind without paper. That is how toppers do complex calculations during exams. Right now, it will be difficult for you to use this method but with practice, you will be able to do any complicated calculation within seconds.
We hope this article provides you with useful information on how to prepare for SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude. Stay connected for more information regarding SSC CHSL Recruitment 2016. To excel in SSC Examinations, download the Best SSC Exam Preparation App for free.