RBI Assistant Notification 2017: Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has officially commenced the online application process for the recruitment of RBI Assistant in various RBI offices spread across the country. RBI Assistant Application process has begun and is limited to online-only. So, if you are interested in applying for RBI Assistant Exam 2017, you need to submit your application form through the official portal only.
RBI has announced a sum total of 623 vacancies all over the country for the post of RBI Assistant. Please keep in mind that the last date for submission of RBI Assistant Application Form is 10 November 2017. Let us help candidates in outlining all the necessary details which the candidates need to know while applying for RBI Assistant 2017 Recruitment, such as RBI Assistant Exam Eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure, and Important Dates.
RBI Assistant Notification 2017: Complete Information
The Recruitment Examination for RBI Assistant 2017 will be an All India Open Competitive Examination for hiring candidates to the post of RBI Assistant in various RBI banks spread across the country. Let us now look at some important dates for RBI Assistant exam 2017.
RBI Assistant Notification 2017: Important Dates
|RBI Assistant Online Application begins||October 18, 2017|
|Last Date for submitting RBI Assistant Exam Application Form online||November 10, 2017|
|Date of RBI Assistant Preliminary Exam||November 27 to 28, 2017|
Date of RBI Assistant Mains Exam
|December 20, 2017|
These were the important dates issued by RBI in RBI Assistant Exam notification 2017. Let us now head towards other important pointers involved.
RBI Assistant Notification 2017: Selection Procedure
For the recruitment of Assistant post to various RBI offices, a candidate needs to clear various phases of RBI Assistant 2017 Recruitment Examination. Some of the essential points related to the selection process for RBI Assistant Recruitment are as follows.
- RBI Assistant 2017 Recruitment Examination consists of 3 phases – RBI Assistant Prelims, RBI Assistant Mains and Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
- The candidates who qualify in RBI Assistant Prelims Exam will move to the next round i.e. RBI Assistant Mains.
- After RBI Assistant 2017 Mains examination, shortlisted candidates will be called for the Language Proficiency Test (LPT). The language proficiency test will be conducted in the Official / Local Language of the State concerned.
- The final selection for RBI Assistant Recruitment 2017 will be made on the basis of the marks secured in both Mains and LPT round.
Now, let us see if you are eligible to apply for RBI Assistant Exam 2017 and fulfill the criteria.
RBI Assistant Notification 2017: Eligibility Criteria
For RBI Assistant Recruitment, RBI has specified a few guidelines which every aspirant needs to follow. Failure to comply or fulfill any of the points under RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria will result in immediate cancellation of RBI Assistant Application Form of the candidate.
The age limit set for RBI Assistant 2017 Recruitment is set between a range of 20 to 28 years. Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/10/1989 and not later than 01/10/1997 (both days including) are only eligible to apply. Upper age limit will be relaxed as under:
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST)||By 5 years, i.e. up to 33 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||By 3 years, i.e. up to 31 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service rendered by them in Armed Forces plus an additional period of 3 years subject to maximum of 50 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||By 10 years (GEN) 13 years (OBC) & 15 years (SC/ST)|
|Candidates having work experience in Reserve Bank of India||To the extent of number of years of such experience, subject to maximum of 3 years|
Upper given table includes data for Age Relaxation in the upper age limit for reserved categories.
Minimum Educational Qualification (as on 01.10.2017)
As we have explained earlier, there are different trades under RBI Assistant Recruitment. Minimum educational qualification for RBI Assistant Exam 2017 is as follows:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
- A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category (except dependents of ex-servicemen) should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence service.
- Candidates applying for the post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
Attempt these free mock tests and prepare yourself for the upcoming RBI Assistant Prelims exam 2017. Over Here, we conclude our article on RBI Assistant Notification 2017. Our next article will deeply cover steps to apply for RBI Assistant Recruitment 2017.