RRB Group D Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2018: Recently, Railway Recruitment Board released notification for filling up 62,907 vacancies in the railways under Group D. Before you start your preparation have a look at the RRB Group D Syllabus And Exam Pattern. It will give you a brief idea on how to start your exam preparations.
RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2018
The RRB Group D selection will be based on 3 stages as follows:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification
Computer Based Test (CBT)
|Subjects||No. of Qs||Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning|
|General Awareness on Current Affairs|
- There is negative marking for each incorrect answer.
- 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for wrong answer.
- The Questions will be of objective type with multiple choices.
PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TESTS (PET)
Based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT, candidates shall be called for PET, Two times the community wise total vacancy of the Posts notified against RRBs. However, Railways reserve the right to increase/decrease this limit as required to ensure availability of adequate candidates for all the notified posts. Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature. The criterion for PET is as under:
- Lift and carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting it down.
- Running: 1000 metres in 4 Minutes & 15 Seconds in one chance
- Lift and carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting it down.
- Running: 1000 metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one chance.
Note: The persons with disabilities as specified in Para 11.0 are exempted from appearing for PET. However, after qualifying in the CBT, such candidates will have to pass the medical examination prescribed for Persons with Disabilities.
After PET, the last step will be Document Verification (DV) & Empanelling of Candidates round. Candidates will be called for Document Verification on the basis of the marks in the first stage computer-based test & their performance in PET. Candidates called for DV will also have to pass a necessary medical fitness test.
- In case of two or more candidates securing same marks, their merit position shall be determined by age criteria i.e., older person shall be given higher seniority.
- Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and community certificates and verification of antecedents/character of the candidates.
- Candidates may please note that RRBs only recommend names of the empanelled candidates and appointment is offered ONLY by the respective Railway Administrations.
Preparing for RRB Group D 2018? Trying this mock test will definitely help you prepare efficiently for the upcoming examination
Holi Offer!! Apply Coupon HOLI2018 and get 50% + 30% Additional Discount. Hurry! Offer valid till limited period
Once you are familiar with the exam pattern for RRB Group D, move to our next section of the article viz. RRB Group D Syllabus 2018.
RRB Group D Syllabus 2018
The Computer Based Test will comprise of four sections. The major topics in the syllabus are as follows:
- Number system
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Elementary Statistics
- Square root
- Age Calculations
- Calendar & Clock
- Pipes & Cistern
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Alphabetical and Number Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Mathematical operations
- Venn Diagram
- Data Interpretation and Sufficiency
- Conclusions and Decision making
- Similarities and Differences
- Analytical Reasoning
- Statement – Arguments and Assumptions
- Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10 standard level
General Awareness & Current Affairs
- Science & Technology
- Politics and any other subjects of importance.
Here we conclude our article on RRRB Group D Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2018. Let us know if there are any doubts and queries in the comments section below. Till then, stay connected for more information regarding RRB Recruitment. To excel in railway Examinations, download the Best RRB Exam Preparation App for free.