In our previous articles, we have covered almost every RRB Non-Technical Post. There is only one left to discuss, which is crucial. We will share detailed information regarding Railways Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC) Job Description and Profile, Salary and Perks and Career Prospects. .
If you are a first time visitor on our blog, please refer to the links below to read about other Non-Technical Jobs in detail.
- RRB NTPC 2016: Assistant Station Master (ASM) Job Profile: Click here
- RRB NTPC 2016: Commercial Apprentice (CA) Job Profile:Click here
- RRB NTPC 2016: Traffic Apprentice (TA) Job Profile:Click here
- RRB NTPC 2016: Goods Guard (GG) Job Profile: Click here
Remember, the examination might be a few weeks away. Yet, it is always advisable to thoroughly study the line of work you are opting for as a fulltime career for yourself.
Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk ECRC Job Description
The selection process of RRB ECRC Recruitment 2016 involves a computer based aptitude test followed by document verification. Since there are only 127 job vacancies for the post of Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC), you can expect a lot of competition for these vacancies.
The job profile of an Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk can be broadly divided into 3 tasks.
- Query Handling: Assisting and responding to passenger doubts regarding travel and distance.
- Passenger Request Processing: Inputting the proper information for request according to availability and passenger’s preference.
- Handling Ticket Counter: Issuing computerized reserved tickets to railway passengers according to their destination.
Unlike other non-technical jobs, this is one job profile which is mostly indoors. Hence, it is highly favoured by female candidates.
Railways Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk ECRC Salary and Perks
According to RRB NTPC 2016 Notification, there are 127 vacancies for the post of Railways Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC). As stated above, it is quite a relaxed job profile with fixed working hours in closed quarters. The salary or pay scale breakdown is as follows.
|Pay Scale||Rs. 5,200 – 20,200/-|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 2,800/-|
|Initial Pay||Rs. 8,500/-|
|Total Pay||Rs. 11,360/-|
Apart from fixed pay scale, there are a few added benefits and perks offered with this post.
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Transport Allowance (TA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
Railways Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk ECRC Career Prospects and Future Growth
The career growth in quite stable in terms of pay scale and grade pay. The usual trend is as follows.
- Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC) Grade II
- Enquiry/ Reservation Clerk (ECRC) Grade I
- Reservation Supervisor
- Assistant Commercial Manager
- Divisional Commercial Manager
Hence, if you are looking for a stable job profile with fixed working hours and good pay, perhaps ECRC should be the best career options.
Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.