Traffic Apprentice (TA): A number of Non-Technical Posts in the Indian Railways are considered important. The post of Traffic Apprentice is definitely one of those. A number aspirants wish to pursue a professional career in the Indian Railways. Yet there is a lack of proper information available over the internet. Hence, we are here to assist such RRB NTPC candidates. Through this article, we wish to inform aspirants about Traffic Apprentice job profile, responsibilities, career progression path and promotion policy as well as salary and perks offered.
For those who are unaware, we have previously published few articles on RRB NTPC Posts. Refer to the links below to read about those.
- Railways Assistant Station Master (ASM) Job Description: Click here
- Railways Commercial Apprentice (CA) Job Description: Click here
Following our queries from OnlineTyari Community, there were a few repetitive ones about Traffic Apprentice Exam Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern. So, we will address those first.
Are you eligible for RRB Traffic Apprentice (TA) Recruitment Exam 2016?
As per RRB NTPC Notification 2016, these are the following rules.
- Any candidate holding a valid graduation degree from a recognized Indian University is eligible to apply for the Traffic Apprentice opening with the Indian Railways.
- In addition to this, candidates holding Diploma in Rail Transport & Management, Transport Economics, Multimodal (Containerization) Transportation from Institute of Rail Transport will be given preference in the selection procedure.
How to get recruited by RRB for the post of Traffic Apprentice (TA) ?
The selection process for RRB Traffic Apprentice in the Indian Railways is done through a single-step RRB NTPC Computer-based Test. The salient features of RRB NTPC Traffice Apprentice (TA) Exam 2016 are as follows.
- Final selection is done on the basis of merit secured in RRB NTPC Exam for Traffic Apprentice (TA).
- The Exam is objective type, Multiple Choice Questions with 4 options and one correct solution in each.
- The total number of questions is 100, with 25 questions each from General Awareness, Common Awareness, Mathematics and Reasoning.
- The total time allotted is 90 Minutes.
- The medium of RRB NTPC Examination for Traffic Apprentice can be selected among Hindi, English and Urdu.
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark for correct answer and – 1/3rd for wrong answer.
You need to prepare for all 4 sections in a proper manner as each and every mark matters. Now, we move towards Railway Traffic Apprentice Job Profile and Duties.
Railway Traffic Apprentice (TA) Job Description
The candidates selected for Traffic Apprentice Job Profile are appointed in the Traffic Transportation (Operations) branch of the Indian Railways. Popularly known as the TA Profile, Traffic Apprentices are trained to be multi-skilled supervisors to handle the diverse transportation operations of the Indian Railways.
A Traffic Apprentice (TA) undergo two-year extensive training in different work profiles in the Traffic Transportation Department. These work profiles include:
- Station Master
- Train Guard
- Section Controller
- Yard Masters
- Traffic Inspectors
During this training period, a traffic apprentice develops practical understanding of the major traffic operations due to their short work period appointments as Station Master, Yard Master and Guard. After completion of their training, the Traffic Apprentices will be appointed to respective cadre, in which they will be posted on the position of Station Master or Yard Master (both profiles have been combined now) or section controller, depending upon the requirements.
Railway Traffic Apprentice (TA) Salary and Perks
The job of Traffic Apprentice is a central government job. Hence, the salary offered and perks provided flows from the central government through the Indian Railways.
|Pay Scale||Rs. 9300 – 34800/-|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 4200/-|
|Initial Pay||Rs. 9300/-|
|Total Pay (Pay Scale + Grade Pay)||Rs. 13500/-|
Apart from this core salary structure, the Traffic Apprentice job also draws other allowances like TA, DA and HRA depending upon the posting and service conditions.
Railway Traffic Apprentice (TA) Career and Future Growth
Apart from satisfying job profile and lucrative pay scale, career progression is another thing RRB Candidates look for.
Like all major railway employment opportunities, Traffic Apprentice Job Profile also offers great promotion progression and career path. The details are explained in the image below:
- Traffic Apprentice (TA)
- Station Master
- Station Superintendent
- Assistant Operations Manager
- Divisional Operations Manager
This year, the Railway Recruitment Board has confirmed the availability of 1645 job vacancies for the post of Traffic Apprentice (TA). Prepare well for the upcoming RRB NTPC Recruitment Exam 2016.
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.