SBI Clerk Prelims 2016 was successfully conducted today for the recruitment of Junior Associate (JA) and Junior Agriculture Associate (JAA) within State Bank of India. This is Day 3 of SBI Clerk Examination and there were 4 slots, 9 AM, 11:30 AM, 2 PM, 4:30 PM. If you wish to draw inferences and conclusions from previous SBI Clerk Exam Analysis of Day 1 and Day 2, refer to the links below.
- Read: SBI Clerk Exam Analysis for Preliminary Examination | Day 1 – 22 May
- Read: SBI Clerk Exam Analysis for Preliminary Examination | Day 2 – 28 May
Here is our complete SBI Clerk Exam Analysis for Preliminary Examination Day 3 in a combined format for all 4 slots.
SBI Clerk Exam Analysis (Prelims) | 29 May 2016
- 1 SBI Clerk Exam Analysis (Prelims) | 29 May 2016
- 2 SBI Clerk Sectional Exam Analysis for Prelims 2016
- 3 Recommendations: Crack SBI Clerk Prelims 2016
- 4 SBI Clerk Cut Off 2016 for Preliminary Examination
Before beginning our exam review of SBI Clerk Prelims, let us talk about the basic exam pattern. The Prelims Examination was Objective MCQ based with 100 Questions divided into 3 sections i.e. Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude. The total marks for SBI Clerk Prelims are 100 with total time 60 minutes.
Talking in a cumulative sense for all 4 slots, the overall level of difficulty of SBI Clerk Prelims conducted on 29 May 2016 was Moderate.
|Section Name||Questions||Level of Difficulty|
When we compare SBI Clerk Exam Analysis of Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3, there were a few changes in terms of questions asked in Reasoning Section. Also, the paper is now a little more challenging.
Now let us move to our sectional exam analysis section for SBI Clerk 2016 Prelims and also calculate how many attempts are considered good in each section for cracking the first phase of SBI JA JAA Recruitment 2016.
SBI Clerk Sectional Exam Analysis for Prelims 2016
For Preliminary Examination, the time allotted was 60 minutes to solve 100 questions. Here is our prediction regarding the ideal attempt or number of good attempts for SBI Clerk Prelims. This predicted score applies for Day 3 (29 May) for all 4 slots.
|Section Name||Questions||Number of Good Attempts|
As per our exam analysis, we predict that a cumulative attempt along the numbers mentioned above would point to a positive score for moving to the next round, which is, SBI Clerk Mains 2016.
Recommended: SBI PO Mock Test Series | Guider Publication
Let us now understand what type of questions were asked in SBI Clerk Prelims 29th May 2016 on all 4 slots.
SBI Clerk Exam Analysis of Reasoning Aptitude Section
The level of diffculty for Reasoning Section of SBI Clerk Prelims was Easy. Most candidates were able to easily solve questions based on Coding Decoding and Series. Few topics covered in this section were as follows:
- Coding Decoding – 5 Questions
- Series – 8 Questions
- Inequalities – 5 Questions
- Sitting arrangement – 5 Questions
- Complex Arrangement/ Puzzle – 5 Questions
- Blood Relation
- Direction Sense Test
As per our analysis of Reasoning Section, candidates having good knowledge and practice can easily attempt 21-23 Questions with good accuracy.
SBI Clerk Exam Analysis of English Language Section
Questions based on Story based RC and Cloze Test were easy. Few topics covered in this section were as follows:
- Reading Comprehension – 10 Questions (Story Based)
- Cloze Test – 5 Questions (Story Based)
- Spellings – 5 Questions
- Sentence Arrangement in a correct Order/ Para jumbles – 5 Questions
- Spotting the Error – 5 Questions
As per our analysis of English Section, candidates having good reading and grammatical skills could have easily attempted 18-20 Questions with good accuracy.
SBI Clerk Exam Analysis of Quantitative Aptitude Section
The level of Quantitative Aptitude has moved to moderate. There were a few questions which were both challenging and lengthy. Few topics covered in this section were as follows:
- Data Interpretation – 5
- Speed Calculation – 10
- Number Series – 5
- Discount & Partnership
- SI & CI
- Time & Work
- Time & Distance
- Mixture & Allegations
As per our analysis of QA Section, candidates having good knowledge and practice can easily attempt 18-21 Questions with good accuracy.
Overall Good Attempts: From what we can analyse, a total of 59 to 64 attempts with optimal accuracy will be a good score for SBI Clerk Prelims 2016 (Day 3).
This sums up our detailed SBI Clerk Exam Analysis for Preliminary Paper for all 4 slots of Da 3 , which is, 29 May 2016. Around 30 lakh have applied for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016. Hence, the exam date was spread over 5 different days, which are, May 21, 28, 29 & June 4, 5.
So, if you are someone who is yet to attempt SBI Clerk Prelims 2016, we recommend you to read the section below.
Note: Questions like Syllogism, Linear/ Quadratic Equation weren’t asked in SBI Clerk Prelims Exam, there is a chance that these question might appear in Mains Exam.
Recommendations: Crack SBI Clerk Prelims 2016
The next SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Date will be on 4 June 2016. Try and stick to these 2 steps which help you secure better marks and qualify SBI Clerk Prelims 2016.
1. Topic-Based Preparation: Many common topics (like Syllogism, Fill in the Blanks, Statement Conclusion etc.) are not there in the paper so don’t focus much on such Questions.
2. Understanding Level of Question: As we have explained in detail in this SBI Clerk Exam Analysis for Day 1, the level of paper was easy. Hence, practising/ solving questions of Level II will be sufficient to tackle the paper.
Recommended Mock Test: Disha Publication (15 Mock test Series)
Recommended Mock Test: AIM Publication (15 Mock test Series)
Since we have concluded our SBI Clerk Exam Analysis for Preliminary Day 3 Paper, let us move to the most asked query after each recruitment examination – what is the cut off?
SBI Clerk Cut Off 2016 for Preliminary Examination
From a combined SBI Clerk Exam Analysis of Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3, the overall cut off will be based on the following factors.
- Number of Candidates Appearing in all 4 Slots
- Level of Paper in Various Slots (Normalization will be there)
- State-Wise Performance of the Candidates
Putting all these factors into consideration, we can expect the SBI Clerk Cut Off for Prelims 2016 to be along this line.
|Category||Overall Cut Off (Expected)|
Please Note that this is a generalized cut-off that merely predicts that if you have attempted the a good number of questions with great accuracy, you have the fair chance of making it to SBI Clerk Mains. For Section-Wise preparation of SBI Clerk Prelims, refer to the following links.
- SBI Clerk Prelims English Language Preparation: Click here
- SBI Clerk Prelims Reasoning Ability Preparation: Click here
- SBI Clerk Prelims Numerical Ability Preparation: Click here
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.