After qualifying in SBI JA/ JAA Prelims, the candidates will appear for SBI Clerk Mains Examination. The Mains Exam will be conducted in the month of July by the State Bank of India after which the final merit list will be prepared. If you are confident about your SBI Prelims Result, we recommend you to start preparing for SBI Clerk Mains. This article primarily focuses on SBI Clerk Mains Preparation for General/ Financial Awareness Section.
Learn how to secure good marks in SBI Clerk Mains General/ Financial Awareness Section and improve your chances of qualifying SBI Mains and making it to the Final Merit List.
SBI Clerk Mains Preparation for General/ Financial Awareness Section
- 1 SBI Clerk Mains Preparation for General/ Financial Awareness Section
- 2 SBI Clerk Mains Preparation General/ Financial Awareness (Topic-Wise)
- 2.1 Tips on Current Affairs for SBI Clerk Mains Preparation
- 2.2 Tips on Banking/ Economic/ Financial Awareness for SBI Clerk Mains Preparation
- 2.3 Tips on Static Affairs for SBI Clerk Mains Preparation
- 2.4 Tips on Banking/ Economic/ Financial Static Affairs for SBI Clerk Mains Preparation
- 2.5 Share this:
For SBI Clerk Mains Examination, the exam pattern for written paper is as follows.
|Section Name||Questions||Marks||Duration (in mins.)|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35|
|Reasoning & Computer Ability||50||60||45|
Financial/ General Awareness in SBI Clerk Mains is basically included in the Recruitment Examination to test the level of awareness of the candidate regarding ongoing things, static facts and figures and subject-related theories.
There will be 50 Questions based on Financial/ General Awareness in SBI Clerk Mains Examination that has to be answered within the time frame of 35 minutes. If you know the answer to every question in case of GA section, you will be able to answer all the Questions within the time, but that is one Ideal and largely hypothetical situation.
From what we can gather from our analysis, the topic-wise distribution in SBI Clerk Mains General/ Financial Awareness can be along the following lines.
- Current Affairs: 33-35%
- Banking/ Economic/ Financial Awareness: 28-30%
- Static Affairs: 5-10%
- Banking/ Economic/ Financial Static Portion: 28-30%
Let us discuss about each section and focus on SBI Clerk Mains Preparation for Financial/ General Awareness Topic-Wise.
SBI Clerk Mains Preparation General/ Financial Awareness (Topic-Wise)
General/ Financial Awareness Section comprises of nearly 25% of the total marks for SBI Clerk Mains Examination. To improve your chances of qualifying in SBI Clerk Mains Examination, go through these preparation tips for SBI Clerk Mains Preparation for General/ Financial Awareness Section.
Tips on Current Affairs for SBI Clerk Mains Preparation
Current Affairs will be based on hot topics of the national and international scale. For SBI Clerk Mains Preparation, previous 3 months topics will be sufficient. We recommend you to follow these topics under Current Affairs as they are considered important.
- National Current Affairs
- International Current Affairs
- Personalities/ Person in News/ Deaths
- Science & Technology
- United Nations
Tips on Banking/ Economic/ Financial Awareness for SBI Clerk Mains Preparation
This topic will include Current Affairs specifically related to all the Financial Institutions and presently occurring changes within the Financial/ Banking/ Economic Industry.
Try it Out: Financial Awareness Part-I Question Bank
Try it Out: Financial Awareness Part-II Question Bank
Make sure you ponder over the following topics for SBI Clerk Mains Preparation.
- Financial Organisations : SEBI, RBI, SBI (Special Focus)
- Credit rating Agencies: National & International
- FDI limits in different sectors
- Schemes launched by governments related to banking and finance
- Export and Import Items
- RBI Monetary Review
- Stock Exchange
- Announcements made by RBI and other banks
- Business News: Mergers Acquisitions and Buyouts.
Tips on Static Affairs for SBI Clerk Mains Preparation
This includes a vast number of topics and the syllabus is too large to cover so you have to make sure that you focus on only those topics that are relevant for SBI Prelims Examination. Below given is the list of topics that are considered to be most relevant as per our Previous Year Paper Analysis.
- Books and Authors
- National Affairs
- International Affairs
- Inventions and Discoveries etc.
Note: Don’t focus much on this topic as this topic will cover 5-10% of the section only.
Tips on Banking/ Economic/ Financial Static Affairs for SBI Clerk Mains Preparation
This portion will include all the Static Affairs related to Financial /Banking /Economic Institutions in India. Try to specifically focus on this topic as the topics are quite interesting to prepare and can fetch good marks in General/Financial Awareness Section. List of topics that are Important from this perspective are as follows:
- Indian Banking History and its structure
- Organisations: RBI; NABARD, SEBI, EXIM etc
- Facts and Figures related to Banks
- RBI: Terms , Theories and all data
- All Banking, Economic and Finance related Terms and Theories.
- Foreign Exchange reserves of India.
- Non Banking Financial companies: Definition, Difference from bank etc.
- All schemes. acts and Regulations followed by banks
- Types of Markets, Money and banking instruments
- Banking Abbreviations, terms and concepts.
- Headquarters of Banks
- Currency: History and updates etc.
Some additional points for SBI Clerk Mains Preparation for General/ Financial Awareness Section are as follows.
- Read Newspapers (For better utilisation of time read Economic Times)
- Watch News for atleast 15 minutes daily for all the current happenings of the world.
- Create Notes for Self Preparation and Revision.
- Start attempting online mock tests, question banks and quizzes.
- eBooks on SBI Clerk Mains can also help.
- Read Partiyogita Darpan.
- You can also use any other current affairs magazine like Chronicle.
Since there will be sectional time limit, make sure you learn to leverage the important topics and solve them first.
Recommended: SBI Clerk Financial Awareness Practice Test Series
Studying in the right direction is the key towards scoring well in General/ Financial Awareness Section of SBI Clerk Mains Examination. If you have any doubts or queries, let us know in the comments section below.
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.