SSC CGL Exam Pattern & Structure 2017: Staff Selection Commission will hold the Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2016 (Tier-I) from 1st August to 20th August 2017 for filling up different categories of posts in various Ministries/Departments/ Organisations.
For thorough and systematic preparation, you need to have complete information about the SSC CGL exam pattern. In this article, we will give information regarding SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017 for the upcoming examination.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern & Structure 2017: Check Here
The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
- Tier -I — Computer Based Examination
- Tier -II — Computer Based Examination
- Tier -III — Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Tier-IV — Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/Document Verification
SSC CGL 2017: Tier 1 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier 1 is Common for all posts. Those candidates qualify SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 will be eligible for SSC CGL 2017 Tier 2.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
SSC CGL 2017 : Tier 2 Exam Pattern
|Papers||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Paper – III||Statistics||100||200|
|Paper – IV||General Studies
(Economic & Finance)
Note: There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer in Tier-I. In respect of Tier-II, the negative marking system of 0.25 for each wrong answer in paper II (English Language & Comprehension) of Tier-II and 0.50 for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper III and Paper IV of Tier II.
SSC CGL 2017: Tier 3 Exam Pattern
As we all know, SSC CGL Tier 3 comprises of Descriptive Paper. The Descriptive Paper is basically designed to check the candidate’s writing skills, which is a must for Government Jobs.
- The descriptive paper is to be held through Pen Paper mode.
- SSC CGL Tier 3 exam is Bilingual i.e You can choose to write the Paper either in Hindi or in English.
- This paper comprises of Essay/ Passage Writing of 250 words and application/Letter writing of 15 words.
- The Total weightage of descriptive Paper is 100 marks having 1 hour duration
- The minimum Qualifying marks in this paper is 33%.
The merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. However, the candidate will need to qualify all the tiers i.e Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III separately. There will be no sectional cut-off.
SSC CGL 2017 : Tier 4 Exam Pattern
Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification will also be conducted as per the provisions of the notice of examination.
We hope this article provides you with useful information. Stay connected for more information regarding SSC Exam Recruitment 2016.Stay connected for more information regarding SSC CGL Recruitment 2017.
To excel in SSC Examinations, download the Best SSC Exam Preparation App for free.