In a highly detailed notification, the Staff Selection Commission has officially declared the complete SSC CGL Revised Pattern as well as all the essential detailed related to SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination 2016. SSC has basically summed up the final and official recruitment procedure and guidelines for attempting SSC CGL Tier 1 to Tier 4 Examinations.
To provide better clarity, we are providing a detailed account on what this SSC CGL Exam Notification has to say about Revised Exam Pattern, SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Dates, Tier 1 to Tier 4 Exam Pattern and Important Dates related to SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination 2016.
SSC CGLE 2016: Complete Information (Official)
- 1 SSC CGLE 2016: Complete Information (Official)
- 2 SSC CGLE 2016: Detailed Selection Procedure (Revised)
The following article is recommended for atleast one thorough read in order to know what SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination is all about this year. Details related to important dates, revised exam pattern and selection procedure and important tentative dates for Tier 1 to Tier 4 Exam and Result.
Here we go, beginning with the most common news update from the SSC Universe.
SSC CGL Tier-I and Tier-II will be conducted Online
As per the information provided by SSC Notification F.No.3/1/2016, both SSC CGL Tier 1 and Tier 2 will be conducted online i.e. Computer-Based Test (CBT). This news raised a lot of concern for all those who were more inclined or used to pen and paper format. But, this news is now official and final.
SSC CGL Tier-I Exam will be conducted from 27 August to 11 September 2016
Following news from the same notification, the Staff Selection Commission has officially decided to conducted SSC CGL Tier 1 from 27 August to 11 September this year. The Exam will be conducted online and will follow this procedure in terms of number of shifts per day and the timings.
From 27 August to 29 August 2016, the exam will be conducted in 2 Batches.
- First Batch: 10:00 AM – 11:15 AM
- Second Batch: 4:15 PM – 5:30 PM
From 30 August to 9 September 2016, the exam will be conducted in 3 Batches.
- First Batch: 10:00 AM – 11:15 AM
- Second Batch: 1:15 PM – 2:30 PM
- Third Batch: 4:15 PM – 5:30 PM
So, depending on the day you are appearing for SSC CGL Tier 1 Examination, the timings will change accordingly.
The Syllabus of SSC CGL Tier-I and Tier-II remains same. No Changes
Yes, the exam syllabus declared in the SSC CGLE Notification of 13th February 2016 is still applicable for both Tier 1 and Tier 2 Examinations. This came as a big sign of relief for all the candidates who were preparing for this examination since last year.
Must Read: SSC CGL Syllabus (Tier-I & Tier-II)
To read about SSC CGL Exam Syllabus, visit the link above and get to know which topics are present in each section.
Now, talking about the broader aspects of SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination 2016 and also the SSC CGL Revised Pattern.
SSC CGLE 2016: Detailed Selection Procedure (Revised)
After months of speculation, the final procedure for getting recruited in SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination 2016 will be following. There is a 3/4 Tier Selection Process for SSC CGL 2016 as per the SSC CGL Revised Pattern.
- SSC CGL Tier 1: Written Examination (CBT Objective Pattern)
- SSC CGL Tier 2: Written Examination (CBT Objective Pattern)
- SSC CGL Tier 3: Descriptive Test (Essay Writing)
- SSC CGL Tier 4: Computer Proficiency Test /Skill Test/ Document Verification
The marks secured in SSC CGL Tier 1 & Tier 2 will be determining factors for moving to next round, i.e. Tier 3 and Tier 4. Marks secured in all phases will be considered while making the final merit list as per SSC CGL Revised Pattern.
SSC CGL Tier-I: Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme
The selection process for SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination begins with Tier-I Paper. There has been a drastic number of changes made in SSC CGL Exam Pattern for Tier 1 and the new pattern is as follows.
|Name of the Section||Questions||Marks|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||25||50|
Some of the most essential points related to SSC CGL Tier-I Updated Exam Pattern are
- SSC CGL Tier-I will be conducted online.
- The Exam is bilingual i.e. English and Hindi.
- There are 100 questions in total, divided in 4 sections equally.
- The 4 sections are Reasoning, General Awareness, Numerical Aptitude and English Comprehension. 25 Questions in each section will be asked.
- The total time is 75 minutes and the total marks are 200.
The Marking Scheme for SSC CGL Tier-I will as follows
- For every corrective answer, 2 mark will be awarded.
- For every incorrect answer, 0.5 mark will be deducted.
- For questions left unmarked, no marks will be added or deducted.
SSC CGL Tier-II: Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme
The next level, i.e. SSC CGL Tier II Examination will be more post-specific. Depending on the post you’ve applied for, you will be appearing for multiple papers.
- Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be attempted by all candidates.
- Paper 3 will be attempted by candidates applying for Statistical Investigators (Grade II) and Compilers Post.
- Paper 4 will be attempted by candidates applying for Assistant Audit Officer Post.
The marking scheme of each paper varies. Read below to understand.
- Paper-I will be based on Quantitative Ability with 100 Questions in total, carrying 200 marks. Each Question carries 2 marks and a negative score of 0.5 mark.
- Paper-II will be based on English Language and Comprehension with 200 Questions in total, carrying 200 marks. Each Question carries 1 mark and a negative score of 0.25 mark.
- Paper-III will be based on Statistics with 100 Questions in total, carrying 200 marks. Each Question carries 2 marks and a negative score of 0.5 mark.
- Paper-IV will comprise of two parts i.e., Finance and Accounts, for which there would be 40 questions carrying 80 marks and Economics and Governance which would have 60 questions carrying 120 marks. In all there would be 100 questions carrying 200 Marks with each question carrying two marks. 0.50 marks would be deducted for each wrong answer. The paper will be for a duration of two hours
The difficulty level of various papers will be as follows.
- Paper-I: 10th Standard level
- Paper-II: 10+2 Level
- Paper-III: Graduation Level
- Paper-IV: Graduation Level
SSC CGL Tier-III: Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme
This newly introduced section by Staff Selection Commission will form the Tier 3 for SSC CGL 2016. This section will be conducted in Pen and Paper format and will consist of Essay/ Precis/ Letter/ Application Writing.
The SSC CGL Revised Pattern also dictates that the total marks for this section is 100 and the time allotted in 1 Hour.
A candidates needs to secure atleast 33% of the total score in order to qualify in this Phase. Most SSC candidates have already started preparing as this was a new addition to the selection procedure.
SSC CGL Tier-IV: Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme
Similar to SSC CGL Revised Pattern Tier II, the candidate’s position relies highly on the post preference. Depending on that, the candidate can be called for
- Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)
- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
Now, this wraps up the complete SSC CGL Recruitment Procedure 2016. Make sure you read SSC CGL Revised Pattern as many times as possible.
|Name of the Examination||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|SSC CGL Tier 1||August 27 to September 11, 2016|
|SSC CGL Tier 2||November 2016|
|SSC CGL Tier 3||January 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier 4||January 2017|
|Final Result – SSC CGLE||April 2017 (Last Week)|
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.