SSC CHSL Study Plan: One month from now, the Staff Selection Commission will conduct SSC CHSL Exam (Tier I) for the Recruitment Session 2016-17. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Exam from January 7 to February 5, 2017. Hence, proceeding further with a 30 Day SSC CHSL Study Plan is necessary.
For Tier 1 Examination, the syllabus can be broadly classified into four topics: General Intelligence, English Language, Quantitative aptitude and General Awareness. Wondering how you can ace SSC CHSL Tier 1? Here is your 30 day smart plan of action for SSC CHSL Tier 1. If you want to crack SSC CHSL, we suggest you follow this plan with complete dedication.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
- 1 SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
- 2 SSC CHSL Study Plan: Crack SSC in 30 Days
- 3 SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam– Tips to Remember
Before jumping to SSC CHSL Study Plan, let us go through SSC CHSL New Exam pattern for the upcoming examination. SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam has 4 sections:
The Paper I of SSC CHSL 2016 Exam consists of objective type questions carrying a total of 200 marks. The mode of examination will be computer based test. The total time duration of the paper is 75 Minutes.
- There will be Objective Type- Multiple choice questions only.
- The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-I, III & IV.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
This will basically be a preliminary analysis of your aptitude and language skills.
SSC CHSL Study Plan: Crack SSC in 30 Days
We have divided the upcoming month into 4 weeks time to formulate our SSC CHSL Study Plan. Proceed to our week by week smart plan of action or study plan for SSC CHSL Tier 1 Recruitment Exam. Try to complete all the tasks assigned on time. Let us start with 1st week of SSC CHSL Study Plan:
SSC CHSL Study Plan Week 1: General Awareness
You can start with First Section for Week 1 with General Awareness Preparation. Some Key points for preparing for General Awareness Section are as follows.
- Focus more on static Portion.
- Read Current Affairs from last 1 month only.
- Try to cover the jest of Indian History (Medieval and Modern), Indian Geography (Physical), Terms and Theories of Economy, Polity and Basics of Constitution.
The other part of SSC CHSL Tier 1 First Week Study Plan is
- Begin by analyzing Previous Year papers and try to find a pattern/ trend for Questions section-wise that have appeared over the years in SSC CHSL Tier 1 Examination. This will give you an idea of which topic to focus and which important topic you’ve left untouched.
- Create a list of topics that are prepared from your side for Tier 1 Paper and compare them with the ones that are important and still untouched.
- Attempt a Mock Test and analyze topics you lack in or they need more time from your end for improving accuracy or approach.
SSC CHSL Study Plan Week 2: Reasoning/ General Intelligence
For this week, Dedicate 3-4 days towards Reasoning Ability Preparation. Key points here would be- Focus on Usual Reasoning more and don’t focus much on Visual reasoning topics that has a decreasing trend in numbers since SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam 2014 and 2015.
- Try to practice Caselets or sets i.e number of Questions that are based on a common theory like puzzle, vein diagram.
- Practice those reasoning and general intelligence topics which consume more time as reasoning can be mastered with practice only.
- Attempt Questions topic wise. You need to understand the type of questions each topic has.
- Now try a model test paper and see how much you have improved section wise in Reasoning as per time schedule and what is the % improvement in complete test.
SSC CHSL Study Plan Week 3: Quantitative Aptitude
Since you are well into half of the month of November by now, it is time to turn towards Quantitative Aptitude Preparation. Begin by focusing on topics like trigonometry and DI.
- Practice Quant Questions topic wise as much as possible.
- Don’t start topics that are untouched and doesn’t appear too frequently in SSC CHSL Tier 1 Examination.
- Practice and master Questions that appear in sets and Caselets like DI Questions.
- Focus on learning shortcuts to solve like learn squares and cubes of numbers upto 15, vedic tricks to solve Simple maths. These tricks will help you manage time.
SSC CHSL Study Plan Week 4: English Language
For the final week SSC CHSL Tier 1 Study Plan, you can prepare for English Section. Focus on Reading Comprehension, Sentence Improvement. These are the Questions are the ones which cover major portion.
- Candidates should concentrate on topics like One Word Substitution, Analogy, Antonyms and Synonyms they will be highly prevalent throughout English Section.
- Maintain a separate notebook for all the important words, phrases etc. you collect while preparing for Tier 1 Examination.
Recommended: SSC CHSL Preparation Guide
You also need to schedule a revision session in this week as it is the most essential part of the entire SSC CHSL Study Plan.
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam– Tips to Remember
We hope this study plan proves beneficial for you. You can also follow these pointers to crack SSC CHSL in Tier 1 Examination:
- You just have to give as many mock test as you can on daily basis.
- Analyze every mock test you appear for and see the improvements in terms of Time as well as accuracy. This will help you getting a fair number of attempts that you can make in the real examination.
- Strategize your time as per the sections as SSC CHSL Tier I score has been the key factor in the final selection. Don’t focus on just clearing the cutoff, aim for the higher.
Practice: SSC CHSL Tier 1 Mock Test
Now you are ready with all the essentials to be in the SSC CHSL Tier 1 Merit List i.e. Time management, Section-Wise Topic Preparation and which section is your strength. We wish you all the best for the upcoming SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination.