SSC MTS 2016 Recruitment Exam: Staff Selection Commission will conduct a competitive examination for recruitment of the candidates for the post of Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff, Group “C” Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ Offices, in different States/ Union Territories.
Candidates under SSC MTS Recruitment will be selected on the basis of their performance in the Paper-I and Paper-II exam. Scroll down to read more on the SSC MTS Eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure, Exam Pattern, Syllabus etc.
SSC MTS 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- 1 SSC MTS 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- 2 SSC MTS 2016 Selection Procedure
- 3 SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2016
- 4 SSC MTS Exam Syllabus 2016
- 5 SSC MTS 2016 Important Dates
- 6 SSC MTS 2016 Application Procedure
- 7 SSC MTS 2016 Official Notice
The eligibility criteria for SSC MTS 2016 Examination is set by Staff Selection Commission. Each and every candidate who will be applying for SSC MTS 2016 Examination has to fulfill this criteria. Failure to do so will deem the candidate ineligible for SSC MTS 2016 Exam.
SSC MTS Eligibility Criteria 2016 consists a set of requirements and clauses in terms of Nationality, age and educational qualification. Let us have a look at it.
- Citizen of India, or
- Subject of Nepal, or
- Subject of Bhutan, or
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries such as Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
What is the Age Limit for SSC MTS Paper I 2016?
For appearing in SSC CHSL, the minimum age is 18 years and the maximum can be 25 years as on the closing date of the receipt of application. Moreover, the reserved categories are served with the benefits of reservation and the age limit is extended as per the law.
If you have Qualified Matriculation i.e. 10th pass student, you may very well apply for the SSC MTS post. This is an immense opportunity for the students who just got their 10th cleared this year. The applicant must possess the said qualification as on the closing date of the receipt of application.
Do you fit well in this eligibility criteria for SSC MTS 2016? If yes, you can move ahead and get the answer to another widely asked question: How to get recruited in SSC MTS?
SSC MTS 2016 Selection Procedure
The selection process for SSC MTS 2016 is pretty simple. You need to crack SSC MTS 2016 Written Examination first. The examination will consist of two stages as mentioned below – OMR based Written Examination (Paper-I), Descriptive Paper (Paper-II)- Qualifying SSC MTS Exam will be held for the post of Non Technical Staff various Central Department/Ministries.
Let us discuss about the exam pattern and marking scheme of SSC MTS 2016 Written Exam.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2016
What is the Exam Pattern for SSC MTS Exam 2016? SSC MTS Paper I 2016 will be an OMR based Objective Paper of 150 Marks in Pen and Paper Mode. The duration of the paper would be for two hours. The detailed pattern will be as follows:
SSC MTS Paper-1
|Part||Subject||No of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam for Handicapped Candidates|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||2 Hours||2 Hours 40 Mins.|
SSC MTS Paper-2
|Subject||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam for Handicapped Candidates|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50||30 minutes||45 minutes|
- As per the scheme of the SSC MTS examination, there shall be two papers viz. Paper – I and Paper – II.
- Paper- I will be entirely objective while Paper- II will be descriptive in nature. There will be four sections – General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness in the Paper-1.
- Paper – II will be comprised of a Short Essay/ Letter to be written in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution. Paper- II is simply qualifying in nature. It is intended to test the elementary language skills of the candidates to be suitable for the post.
SSC MTS Exam Syllabus 2016
Part-A: General Intelligence
It would include questions of non-verbal type. The test will include questions on similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate‘s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
Part-B: English Language
Candidates’ understanding of the Basics of English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/her writing ability would be tested.
Part-C: Numerical Aptitude
This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, use of Tables and Graphs, Menstruation, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
Part-D: General Awareness
Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate‘s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
Paper-2 ( Descriptive)
The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/ Application writing of approximately 150-200 words. The paper will have to be written either in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution. Part paper written in other language and Part in English will not be evaluated.
SSC MTS 2016 Important Dates
|1.||Issue of advertisement & application form||December 24, 2016|
|2||Start date of Application Form||December 24, 2016|
|2.||Date of closure of the application form||January 20, 2017|
|3.||Issue of admit card||March 2017|
|4.||Date of the Paper-I Exam (OMR based)||April 16 & 30, 2017
May 07, 2017
|5.||Announcement of result (tentative)||August 2017|
|6.||Conduct of Descriptive Test||December 17, 2017|
|7.||Release of Admit Card||November, 2017|
|8.||Declaration of Final Result||February 2018|
SSC MTS 2016 Application Procedure
What is the Application Procedure for SSC MTS Recruitment Exam 2016?
- As soon as the Official Notification is Out, visit http://www.ssc.nic.in
- Search for “SSC MTS Recruitment 2016” in the News Feeds.
- Click on apply online link.
- Enter all details carefully in the online form. Click on apply online button.
- Don’t forget to Print a hard copy of Completely filled application form for Future Reference.
SSC MTS 2016 Official Notice
Staff Selection Commission has officially released SSC MTS 2016 short notice for the upcoming SSC MTS recruitment examination. Let us have a look at SSC MTS 2016 Official Notice: