UPSC CSE 2018 Notification Released: Union Public Service Commission has released the official notification for Civil Services (Preliminary) and Indian Forest Services (Preliminary) exam through CSE. The number of vacancies advertised under the Civil Services are 782. UPSC preliminary exam will be conducted on June 3, 2018.
The application process starts from 7th Feb 2018 and will end on March 6, 2018. But before you straight to the UPSC CSE Application, we suggest you read this entire article carefully.
UPSC CSE Notification 2018
The number of vacancies to be filled on the result of the examination is expected to be approximately 782 which include 32 vacancies reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability Category. Let us discuss in detail about UPSC CSE Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process of Civil Services Examination.
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on August 1, 2018. This means they must not be born earlier than August 2, 1986 and not later than August 1, 1997. There is age relaxation for reserved category.
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Number of attempts
Every candidate appearing at the examination who is otherwise eligible,
shall be permitted six attempts at the examination
- Provided that this restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in the case of
Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates who are otherwise eligible
- Provided further that the number of attempts permissible to candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes, who are otherwise eligible, shall be nine. The relaxation will be available to the candidates who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- An attempt at a Preliminary Examination shall be deemed to be an attempt at the Civil Services Examination.
- If a candidate actually appears in any one paper in the Preliminary Examination, he/she shall be deemed to have made an attempt at the Examination.
- Notwithstanding the disqualification/cancellation of candidature, the fact of appearance of the candidate at the examination will count as an attempt.
In the Civil Services examination, a candidate has to appear for preliminary examination where objective type question will be asked. Selected candidates will then have to sit for the main exam followed by the interview round.
The Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Their admission to all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
For Detailed information regarding UPSC CSE Notification, Download the given below PDF
Here we conclude our article on UPSC CSE Notification 2018. We will provide you detailed information regarding How to Apply for UPSC CSE. Stay connected for more information regarding UPSC Civil Services Exam Recruitment 2018. To excel in Civil Services Examination, download the Best IAS Exam Preparation App for free.