How Much Do You Know About “The Iron Man of India”? Today, October 31st, the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi Unveiled the tallest statue of the world “Statue of Unity” built as a tribute to freedom movement icon Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on his 143rd birth anniversary.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel the Man behind unified India, born on October 31, 1875, was a political and social leader of India who played a major role in the country’s struggle for independence and subsequently guided its integration into a united, independent nation. He is also remembered as the ‘Patron Saint’ of India’s civil servants for establishing modern all-India services. Today on his 143rd birth anniversary we will share some facts about the iron man of India i.e Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
All you Need to Know About “The Iron Man of India”
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was the first Deputy Prime Minister of India.
2. Being the first deputy prime minister and home minister of India, Patel organized relief for refugees in Punjab and Delhi and led efforts to restore peace across the nation.
3. He is well known as the architect of Independent India, as he united all diverse 562 princely states to build the one great Republic of India.
4. Sardar Patel wanted to become a lawyer. He passed law exam with no formal education. Later, he became one of the most successful barristers of the country.
5. In the initial stages of the freedom movement, Patel was not interested in politics. However, after meeting Gandhi in Godhra in 1917 that he was motivated to quit his job and join the Independence struggle. He joined the Congress and became the secretary of the Gujarat Sabha that became a Congress stronghold later.
6. When Mahatma Gandhi was imprisoned, Patel was asked to lead the Satyagraha movement in Nagpur in 1923 against the British law of banning the hoisting of the Indian Flag.
7. He even worked for the rights of minorities and women, and against untouchability and caste discrimination.
8. In 1991, He was awarded the Bharat Ratna, the highest civilian honor.
9. October 31st (his birthday) is celebrated as Rashtriya Ekta Divas (National Unity Day).
10. In the memory of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, the Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi unveiled the worlds tallest statue dedicated to Indian independence movement leader Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The 182-meter long statue located on the river island called Sadhu Bet facing the Narmada Dam near Rajpipla in the Indian state of Gujarat.
For Latest Current Affairs follow OnlineTyari Youtube Channel: Click Here