How to Attempt IAS Mains Examination 2017: UPSC IAS Civil Services Examination is regarded as one of the most challenging papers of the country. Millions of aspirants appear for the Civil Services Examination every year. As of now, UPSC is going to conduct IAS Mains examination on 28th October 2017. All the UPSC IAS aspirants must be done with their IAS Mains Exam preparation.
The problem is that no matter how good & knowledgeable we think we are or how good we feel we have written the paper there is always a certain level of uncertainty. To overcome this, we are about to share some crucial tips which will help you to attempt IAS Mains Exam efficiently.
How to Attempt IAS Mains Exam 2017
UPSC mains examination is scheduled to be held from October 28th to 3rd November, 2017. The candidates who successfully passed preliminary exam has been preparing for this moment over the past one year. The mains phase of UPSC examination checks a candidate’s knowledge of the topics in the syllabus as well as his/her analytical ability.
A candidate’s ability to perceive and analyse situations from multiple angles to arrive at a conclusion is of utmost importance to succeed in the mains. Here are some useful last-minute tips that will help you get that extra edge:
- Before attempting the question paper, check whether all questions have been printed sequentially or not.
- Follow the simple rule i.e keep the answers simple. The candidates often use multiple jargons while writing answers which tends to manipulate the exact message. IAS exam demands difficult concepts to be explained in a simple language.
- Do not change your strategy at the last minute: If you’ve worked on your own strategy previously, do not stray away from it just for a few more marks. You need to focus on your strengths and manage to maximize your accuracy rather than attempts. Getting Correct Answers will definitely help in boosting your confidence.
- Avoid cuttings and over-writing: Due to exam pressure, a candidate frequently changes answers many times in his/ her mind. This leads to cutting and over writing of the answers.
- There are many questions which are limited to a particular length, say 150-200 words. Students are adviced not to waste their time in counting number of words written by them. Just get a fair idea. UPSC examiners will never actually count them.
- Remember that well-structured answers fetch more marks in the examination. So, if there are specific parts that need to be answered, ensure you list the points under various sub-headings.
- Avoid using red ink for writing or underlining.
- We have heard cases where the bottle was kept on the table itself loosely capped in a hurry and an inadvertent push by an invigilator or a fellow candidate had the candidate’s hard work floating in water. Hence you are adviced to Keep the water bottle that you may carry on the ground near your seat.
- Pay close attention to the word directives given in each question. These directives give an indication of the style in which the examiner would like you to structure and write your answers.
- Do not finish the written exam without revising. There might a few corrections
Try to keep the above given tips in your mind. Do not get nervous if the difficulty level of exam is high. Remember, it will be challenging for everyone, not just you.
Over here, we are summing up our article on How to Attempt IAS Mains Exam 2017. Stick to the plan and relax. We hope that these pointers will help you in all the ways. Stay connected for more information regarding UPSC Civil Services Exam Recruitment 2017. To excel in Civil Services Examination, download the Best IAS Exam Preparation App for free.