How to Attempt IBPS PO Mains 2016: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will conduct IBPS PO Mains examination this week for the post of Probationary Officer. With a number of countable days left, it is apt to publish the final tips for both preparation and revision, which will help candidates understand how to attempt IBPS PO Mains Examination.
To crack IBPS PO Mains 2016 Examination, candidates need to apply a focused strategy. In this article, we will help aspirants by providing some Do’s and Dont’s on how to attempt IBPS PO Mains 2016 Examination.
IBPS PO Mains Examination Pattern
Before shifting to the nucleus of our article i.e How to attempt IBPS PO Mains, let us first visit IBPS PO Mains examination pattern. IBPS PO Mains examination pattern will guide aspirants in getting to know the structure of examination.
This year, a new exam pattern for the IBPS PO Mains has been introduced. The IBPS PO Mains 2016 will have 5 sections in total – Reasoning, English, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge.
|Name of the Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||40 minutes|
|General Awareness (with special reference to Banking)||40||40||20 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||20||20||10 minutes|
As you can see from the table that a separate time slot has been allotted to each section. The most important details regarding IBPS PO Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme for Mains Examination are as follows:
- There will be 200 questions in total and each will carry 1 mark.
- Total time duration for IBPS PO Mains exam is 140 minutes.
- The Written Examination will be bilingual i.e. English/ Hindi.
- The questions will be objective in nature.
- For every wrong attempt, 1/4th mark of the total score of the question will be deducted.
- A candidate cannot switch to any other section, even if he/ she is done with all the questions.
- Once the time is exhausted for a particular section,the system will automatically move to other section.
For IBPS PO Mains 2016, there will be both sectional and overall cut-off and the shortlisted candidates will be called for the final round i.e. Group Discussion/ Interview. The final merit list of selected candidates will be based on scores achieved in IBPS PO Mains and GD/ Interview.
How to Attempt IBPS PO Mains: Do’s and Dont’s
So, without further ado, let us have a look at our Do’s and Dont’s section, which will help us understand the best technique on how to attempt IBPS PO Mains2016 Examination.
Do’s for IBPS PO Mains 2016 Exam
- Carry your Photo ID Proof in original along with its photocopy on your exam date.
- Download your call letter before time. It can be the possibility that IBPS site loads slow during the last days as it will generate huge traffic in these final days.
- Take your own pen and pencils to the examination hall, IBPS will not provide any stationery during exam.
- Affix your passport size photo on your call letter. The passport size photo should be signed across.
- Move in-between sections during exams as it will help students to crack sectional cut off. Students have to attempt accordingly to save time and score more.
- Try to attempt easy questions first and leave the difficult or time taking ones to save your precious time. Candidates have to meet the minimum sectional and overall cut off requirements to be eligible for the next round, so we advice you to attempt easy questions first to score high.
- Try to solve grouped questions which come with 4-5 sub-questions as students can score 4-5 marks in one go.
Dont’s for IBPS PO Mains 2016 Exam
- Don’t waste your time on difficult or time taking questions as one can score high by solving easy questions. Candidates need to secure sectional cut off as well as overall cut off to move to the next round.
- Do not start preparing for a fresh or new topic during the last days.
- Do not waste time in guessing questions. Each mark matters In IBPS PO Mains 2016, Instead of wasting time in unfruitful guesses, one should try to mark the correct answers and avoid negative marking.
- Do not change your strategy at the last minute. If you’ve worked on your own strategy previously, do not stray away from it just for a few more marks. You need to focus on your strengths and manage to maximize your accuracy rather than attempts. Getting Correct Answers will definitely help in boosting your confidence.
- Do not get nervous if the difficulty level of exam is high. Remember, it will be challenging for all and the overall cutoff will vary accordingly.
Recommended: IBPS PO Mains Mock Test
These tips will open up all the doors to qualify IBPS PO Mains and will help you to gain confidence. We wish you All the Best for the upcoming examination and hope to see you right after the paper when we publish a detailed exam analysis of the written paper.
Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS CWE PO Recruitment 2016. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best IBPS PO Exam Preparation App for free.