How to Attempt IBPS PO Mains 2017: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will now conduct the final paper for IBPS PO Recruitment, i.e. IBPS PO Mains 2017 in a few days.
To crack IBPS PO Mains Examination, candidates need to apply a focused strategy. With a number of countable hours left, it is apt to publish the final tips for both preparation and revision, which will help candidates understand how to attempt IBPS PO Mains.
How to Attempt IBPS PO Mains 2017
The Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) will be commencing IBPS PO Mains Exam recruitment exam on 26th November 2017. It is essential for the candidates to crack both prelims and mains examination to get recruited as a Probationary officer.
IBPS Mains Examination will constitute 155 Questions for 200 Marks to be answered within the duration of 3 hours. The Examination will be divided into 4 sections i.e. Reasoning & Computer Section, English, Data Interpretation & General Awareness. The overall time allotted for IBPS PO 2017 Mains Exam is 180 minutes.
In order to crack IBPS PO Mains 2017, you need to develop a strategy instead of a study plan. Here are a few pointer which might help you.
- Focus more on Analogy and Syllogism based Questions. They can be easily solved and do not take much of your time.
- Questions based on Statement and Assumption, Coding-Decoding and Puzzles require Critical Thinking. If your daily practice didn’t include these questions, maybe skipping these in IBPS Mains might be the way to be.
- You might require additional time for solving problems based on Blood Relations, Data Sufficiency and Seating Arrangement. The level of difficulty is also in the range of moderate to hard.
- DI consists of Bar Graphs, Pie Charts and Tables. If you are quick in calculations, do not skip this section. The questions are pretty straightforward.
- Simplification based questions should be the next target. Try and learn the values of commonly used approximations in advance.
- Avoid lengthy calculations. Much like every examination, you need to leverage calculation speed over time. Try learning a few shortcut tricks to calculate the solution faster.
- Reading Comprehension can be time consuming. Try skimming and reading at a faster pace as the language might be confusing.
- Synonyms Antonyms and Sentence Improvement based questions should be solved right after Cloze Test. They can be solved pretty quickly provided you take them up early in exam. Read the directions properly before marking an answer.
- Current Affairs and GK updates occured in the month of August to November 2017. A lot of questions are asked from the few months leading upto the examination.
- Banking is priority. You need to focus majorly on Banking Terms and latest developments in the world of banking.
- Avoid guess work. You need to score big or just skip.
- Do not go deep in the subject. This is a pretty straightforward section. Even if any tough questions are asked, you can skip those.
- Do not dedicate a large share of your time to computer section. You’ll either know the answer or you won’t. A mere 15-20 minutes will be ideal.
Let’s move to the Do’s & Don’ts for IBPS PO Mains Exam 2017.
Do’s and Don’ts for IBPS PO Mains
While attempting the written examination, here is a list of Do’s and Don’ts which you should integrate into your exam strategy in order to crack IBPS PO Mains Exam 2017.
- Do follow a pre-defined exam strategy using the Last Minute Booster Plan in each section.
- Do follow a specified time constraint while solving questions particular to each section of IBPS PO Mains.
- Don’t get confused or excited seeing something new in any of the sections. Just attempt those topics you are comfortable with.
- Don’t stick to any particular section or Question if it is taking any excess time.
- Don’t forget to Analyze the Question for 5 seconds atleast. If you are able to understand the objective behind the question and if can be solved within 1-1.5 minute, go for it. Else, just skip it.
- Don’t try to solve the entire written examination in one go. Just solve the simplest one first and mark the related ones for Review. After you’ve covered a significant portion, attempt those kept for review. This will increase the number of correct attempts and motivates you as well.
- Do remember that it is always better to attempt 80% Questions with full accuracy than attempting the full paper with medium accuracy.
The reason for this extensive analysis is to get an advance answer on whether you’ll be able to crack this Exam or not. This is where we conclude our article on How to Attempt IBPS PO Mains 2017. All the best for the upcoming IBPS PO Recruitment Exam 2017!
Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS PO Recruitment 2017. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best IBPS PO Exam Preparation App for free.