How to Attempt IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Exam 2017: The Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) will be commencing IBPS RRB Officer Scale I recruitment exam on 9th September 2017. As of now, candidates preparing for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Exam need to concentrate more on maximising speed and accuracy in the overall paper.
To crack IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Examination, candidates need to apply a focused strategy. With a number of countable hours left, it is apt to publish the final tips for both preparation and revision, which will help candidates understand how to attempt IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1.
IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Exam Pattern
Similar to most bank examinations, the exam pattern for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 2017 will be objective MCQ based. There will be 2 sections – Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude, with 40 questions each.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
The most important details regarding IBPS RRB Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme for Prelims Examination are as follows:
- The Written Examination will be bilingual i.e. English/ Hindi.
- There will be 80 questions in total, 40 from each section.
- Each question will carry 1 mark. Hence, the total score will be 80.
- For every wrong attempt, 0.25 mark will be deducted.
- The total time will be 45 minutes.
Best Strategy to Attempt IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1
In order to crack IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1, you need to develop a strategy instead of a study plan. Here are a few pointers which might help you. Let us start with the reasoning section
Reasoning Ability in IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 usually has questions ranging from easy to moderate, depending on your level of understanding. A few pointers from this section would be-
- As of now, Divert your focus on both speed and accuracy since IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 is competitive recruitment examination.
- Focus more on Inequalities, Seating arrangement and Syllogism based Questions as one can score 4-5 marks collectively in a single go.
- You might require additional time for solving problems based on Blood Relations, Data Sufficiency etc.
Let us now head towards IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Numerical Ability Section.
In IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Numerical Ability section, most questions range from easy to moderate level. You must tick right the ones you are confident about.
Follow these points in order to maximize score in Quantitative Aptitude section of IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1
- Be Quick in Calculations: DI consists of Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, and Tables. If you are quick in calculations, do not skip this section. The questions are pretty straightforward.
- Simplification based questions should be the next target. Try and learn the values of commonly used approximations in advance.
- Avoid lengthy calculations. Much like every examination, you need to leverage calculation speed over time. Try learning a few shortcut tricks to calculate the solution faster.
How to attempt IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1: Do’s and Don’ts
While attempting the written examination, here is a list of Do’s and Don’ts which you should integrate into your exam strategy in order to crack IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Exam 2017.
- Do follow a pre-defined exam strategy using the Last Minute Booster Plan in each section.
- Do follow a specified time constraint while solving questions particular to each section of IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Exam.
- Don’t get confused or excited seeing something new in any of the sections. Just attempt those topics you are comfortable with.
- Don’t stick to any particular section or Question if it is taking any excess time.
- Don’t forget to Analyze the Question for 5 seconds atleast. If you are able to understand the objective behind the question and if can be solved within 1-1.5 minute, go for it. Else, just skip it.
- Don’t try to solve the entire written examination in one go. Just solve the simplest one first and mark the related ones for Review. After you’ve covered a significant portion, attempt those kept for review. This will increase the number of correct attempts and motivates you as well.
- Do remember that it is always better to attempt 80% Questions with full accuracy than attempting the full paper with medium accuracy.
Net practice is necessary before the final match. Here are our FREE Mock tests you must go through:
We hope this article helps you to Attempt IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Exam. Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS RRB Recruitment 2017. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best IBPS RRB Exam Preparation App for free.