How to Attempt NICL AO Exam 2017: With just a few days to go, we expect that most candidates will be on full prep/ revision mode for the upcoming examination. The NICL AO Prelims 2017 has been scheduled for 3th and 4th June this year.
To crack NICL AO Prelims 2017 Examination, candidates need to apply a focused strategy. With a number of countable hours left, it is apt to publish the final tips for both preparation and revision, which will help candidates understand how to attempt NICL AO Prelims Examination.
NICL AO Exam Pattern
The Online Computer-Based Test (CBT) for NICL AO Prelims 2017 will be conducted in objective MCQ pattern. This test would be of 60 minutes duration consisting of 3 sections- English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability.
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Candidates have to qualify in each test by securing passing marks to be decided by the Company. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Company (approximately 15 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be shortlisted for the Main Examination.
How to Attempt NICL AO Exam 2017: Do’s & Don’ts
The most important thing in a competitive examinations is to attempt the questions in appropriate way to obtain high marks. Turning our full concentration on how to attempt NICL AO 2017, here are a few exam strategies and pointers to help you crack the written examination.
Most candidates get confused over this section. For the last time, it is only qualifying in nature. You only need to prove your Basic English Proficiency skill in this section.
- Don’t attempt all the Questions just try to attempt 50% Questions with Good Accuracy.
- Dedicate the Remaining Time to other sections as it will help in achieving a better score.
- Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms and Phrases have specific answers. Select only if you are positive about them.
Reasoning & Quantitative Aptitude
Both Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude combine to form 70% of NICL AO Written Exam Weightage. Knowing how to attempt NICL AO questions in an efficient way might be the tipping point here. Try to add these exam strategies and insights.
- Always start with your strong topics and complete them as this will motivate you as well as help in managing time.
- Don’t start any Question that seems new to you. Just leave it for now.
- Focus on Sitting Arrangement, Complex Arrangement, Data Interpretation and Syllogism as they are having a common information for a set of 3-5 Questions. Solving the set sometimes becomes easy and increases your number of accurate attempts.
- Maintain speed. Candidates must learn shortcut methods to solve the questions quickly. Candidates must learn multiplication tricks to maintain speed, especially in numerical ability/quantitative aptitude. Other techniques should be learned to solve questions.
- Allot a little time for revision. It is highly important.
These exam strategies will guide you on how to attempt NICL AO questions. Now, while attempting the written examination, here is a list of Do’s and Don’ts which you should integrate in your exam strategy in order to crack NICL AO 2017..
- Read the question properly. Understand it. Read it twice or thrice if you are unable to understand it.
- Start with the section that is among your strength and you have to maximise score in that section. This will motivate you as well.
- Start answering from strongest and comfortable zone, the section that you are competent and feels confident than pick the less comfortable and in last the hardest one, This way you would feel motivated and able to save time as well
- Apply the elimination method before you go ahead with your answer.
- If the question is very lengthy, look for keywords. They might be hidden.
- Do relax and stay calm while attempting NICL AO questions.
- Do read the examination guidelines carefully.
- Do not go for guess work because there are chances of getting negative score.
- Do not focus on topics that are among your weakness until and unless you have the time after making the sufficient number of attempts.
- Do not change your strategy at the last minute. If you’ve worked on your own strategy previously, do not stray away from it just for a few more marks.
- You need to focus on your strengths and manage to maximize your accuracy rather than attempts. Getting Correct Answers will definitely help in boosting your confidence.
- Do not get nervous if the difficulty level of exam is high. Remember, it will be challenging for all and the overall cutoff will vary accordingly.
We wish you All the Best for the upcoming examination and hope to see you right after the paper when we publish a detailed exam analysis of the written paper.