How to Attempt NICL AO Mains Exam 2017: The National Insurance Company Limited will be conducting NICL Mains Examination on 2nd July 2017 to recruit eligible candidates for the post of Administrative Officer.
To crack NICL AO Mains 2017 Examination, candidates need to apply a focused strategy. With a number of countable hours left, it is apt to publish the final tips for both preparation and revision, which will help candidates understand how to attempt NICL AO Mains Exam.
NICL AO Mains Exam Pattern
As you know NICL AO is a 3-tier Process, The Exam is conducted in two phases. i.e Prelims & Mains. Candidates will be selected through a selection process consisting of online Exam (Preliminary & Main Examination) followed by an Interview. Here we are providing you the Exam pattern for NICL AO Mains Examination.
|Section Name||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam|
|General Awareness||40||40||Eng/ Hindi|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||Eng/ Hindi|
|Quantitative aptitude||40||40||Eng/ Hindi|
The penalty for wrong answers – One-fourth marks assigned to that question.
How to Attempt NICL AO Mains Exam 2017
In order to crack NICL AO Mains Exam 2017, you need to develop a strategy instead of a study plan. Here are a few pointers which might help you. Let us start with the reasoning section.
Reasoning Ability in NICL AO Mains usually has questions ranging from moderate to hard level, depending on your level of understanding. A few pointers from this section would be-
- Focus more on Inequalities, Seating arrangement and Syllogism based Questions as one can score 4-5 marks collectively in a single go.
- You might require additional time for solving problems based on Blood Relations, Data Sufficiency etc.
In NICL AO Mains Quantitative aptitude section, most questions range from moderate to hard level. You must tick right the ones you are confident about. Problems from Numerical Ability will be asked from these topics.
Follow these points in order to maximize score in Quantitative Aptitude section of NICL AO Mains 2017
- Be Quick in Calculations: DI consists of Bar Graphs, Pie Charts and Tables. If you are quick in calculations, do not skip this section. The questions are pretty straightforward.
- Simplification based questions should be the next target. Try and learn the values of commonly used approximations in advance.
- Avoid lengthy calculations. Much like every examination, you need to leverage calculation speed over time. Try learning a few shortcut tricks to calculate the solution faster.
Let us now head towards NICL AO Mains English Language Section.
In NICL AO Mains English Language section, most questions range from easy to moderate level. You must tick correct the ones you are confident about. Here are the core subjects for English Language section.
Focus points for English Language Section will be
- Begin with Cloze Test. A passage consisting of approx 10 questions may be asked in NICL AO Mains Exam.
- Increase Speed. Reading Comprehension can be time consuming. Try skimming and reading at a faster pace to avoid panic mode.
- Synonyms Antonyms and Sentence Improvement based questions should be solved right after Cloze Test. They can be solved pretty quickly provided you take them up early in exam.
In NICL AO Mains General/ Financial Awareness section, most questions range from easy to moderate level.
- Questions will be mainly from the Current Affairs basically of past 3 to 4 months & Insurance/ Banking Awareness can also be asked.
- Static Awareness this section include questions on Books & authors, Currencies, Important Places, Awards, Headquarters, Prime Ministers Schemes, Dams, Folk dances, Rivers, Wildlife centuries/National park, Important Days etc.
You need to limit yourself towards developing a basic understanding of these topics since the level of questions will be elementary in NICL AO Mains Examination. But, make sure you attempt a bunch of online mock tests.
For NICL AO Mains Descriptive paper, you can go through our recommended blog. Click on the below mentioned link for NICL AO mains Descriptive paper.
Now you are clear with each of NICL AO Mains, lets provide you the do’s and don’ts on how to attempt NICL AO Mains Examination 2017.
Do’s and Don’ts while attempting NICL AO Mains 2017
While attempting the written examination, here is a list of Do’s and Don’ts which you should integrate with your exam strategy in order to crack NICL AO Mains Exam 2017.
- Do follow a pre-defined exam strategy using the Last Minute Booster Plan in each section.
- Do follow a specified time constraint while solving questions particular to each section of NICL AO Mains Exam.
- Don’t get confused or excited seeing something new in any of the sections. Just attempt those topics you are comfortable with.
- Don’t stick to any particular section or Question if it is taking any excess time. This is a major contradiction to Point No. 2.
- Don’t forget to Analyze the Question for 5 seconds atleast. If you are able to understand the objective behind the question and can be solved within 1-1.5 minute, go for it. Else, just skip it.
- Don’t try to solve the entire written examination in one go. Just solve the simplest one first and mark the related ones for Review. After you’ve covered a significant portion, attempt those kept for review. This will increase the number of correct attempts and motivates you as well.
- Do remember that it is always better to attempt 80% Questions with full accuracy than attempting the full paper with medium accuracy.
We conclude our article here on How to Attempt NICL AO Mains Exam 2017: Do’s & Don’ts. To excel in Insurance Examinations, download the Best Insurance Exam Preparation App for free.