How to Attempt UGC NET 2017: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) announces holding of the National Eligibility Test (NET) for the post of Assistant Professor or junior Research Fellowship in Indian universities and colleges. The UGC NET Exam is going to held on 22nd January 2017. Only a few days are remaining for aspirants to polish up their preparation!
This article focuses primarily on how to attempt UGC NET 2017 Examination in terms of exam strategy, preparation tips and section-wise exam insights. If you are someone who is confused regarding the upcoming UGC NET Examination, maybe this article will help boosting your morale.
Before we provide our insights on How to Attempt UGC NET 2017, we would like to enlist the exam pattern for UGC NET 2017.
How to Attempt UGC NET 2017: Do’s & Don’ts
The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 22nd January 2017 (SUNDAY) in three separate sessions as under.
|Paper/ Session||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|I||100||60||1¼ Hours (09:30 A.M. to
|II||100||50||1¼ Hours (11:15 A.M. to
|III||150||75||2½ Hours (02:00 P.M. to
Candidates’ selection will depend on their performance in all three papers of UGC NET.
UGC NET Pattern for Paper I
Paper I of UGC NET 2017 is of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. 60 (sixty) multiple choice questions of 2 marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any 50 (fifty).
Practice: UGC NET Paper I Exam Guide
In the event of the candidate attempted more than 50 questions, the first 50 questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
UGC NET Pattern for Paper II
Paper II of UGC NET 2017 consists of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
UGC NET Pattern for Paper III
Paper III of UGC NET 2017 will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
All the questions of Paper II and Paper III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options).
The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I, Paper – II and Paper – III on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet. Now, let’s switch to the section of UGC NET Syllabus to gain an insight into the syllabus for different papers of UGC NET 2017.
Without further discussion let us move to the do’s and don’ts of UGC NET Exam 2017
Do’s for UGC NET Exam
- Try to attempt easy question first, leave the difficult topic for the end.
- You are recommended to take your own pen, pencil and other necessary stationary required.
- Do take a photocopy of your ID Proof along with original ID on the exam date.
- Reach exam hall on time.
- Download your call letter/ Admit card before time. If you leave it for last minute, the site might get slow and it will be difficult for you to download at that time
Don’ts for UGC NET Exam
- Do not Panic. Even if you find the paper difficult. Give your self some time and give your best.
- Do not waste your time on difficult and time consuming question as no one can score high by just solving difficult questions.
- Don’t change your strategy. Do stick on the strategy you have planned.
- Also, If you’ve worked on your own strategy previously, do not stray away from it just for a few more marks. You need to focus on your strengths and manage to maximize your accuracy rather than attempts. Getting Correct Answers will definitely help in boosting your confidence.
So, Here we will conclude our article on how to attempt UGC NET Examination. We wish you All the Best for the upcoming examination and hope you are able to crack it with ease.
Stay connected for more information regarding UGC NET Recruitment Exam 2017. To excel in NET Exams, download the Best NET Exam Preparation App for free.