Bank of Maharashtra PO Syllabus Exam Pattern 2016: The Bank of Maharashtra is one of the leading and most prestigious and reputed banks of the country. It has recently concluded the submission of online applications to apply for the BOM Recruitment Exam for various posts of Probationary Officers across different branches of BOM.
A whooping 1315 vacancies are available this year for various posts in Bank of Maharashtra. This is a golden opportunity for candidates who aspire to have a career in the banking industry.
The tentative date for Bank of Maharashtra PO recruitment exam is 28 October 2016.
For thorough and systematic preparation, they need to have complete information about the Bank of Maharashtra PO syllabus and exam pattern. So, here with this article on Bank of Maharashtra PO Syllabus and Exam Pattern, the candidates will have detailed knowledge about all the aspects of the same.
Bank of Maharashtra PO Exam Pattern 2016
The recruitment process for Bank of Maharashtra PO is a two-stage process i.e. Online Written Exam and Interview/ GD. The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in these two tests.
Stage I: Online Written Exam
The bank of Maharashtra PO written exam will consist of 4 subjects viz. Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and General Awareness (with special reference to Banking Industry). A candidate needs to obtain a minimum cut-off score in all the 4 distinctive subjects. The minimum cut off will depend on the number of eligible candidates available.
|Name of Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Some important points to keep in mind-
- This exam is objective in nature i.e multiple choice questions.
- Negative marks is present for any wrong attempt.
- A total of 50 questions will be there from each subject.
- The total time given to solve this exam is 2 hours i.e 120 minutes.
- For every right answer, a candidate will get 1 mark each.
- Candidates are free to choose the medium of exam which can be either Hindi or English.
Once the candidate is shortlisted for this exam, he/she will be called for the personal interview or GD.
Stage II: Interview/ GD
After qualifying the Online Written Examination, all the shortlisted candidates will have to undergo a personal interview where he/she will be asked one-on-one questions related to banking industry.
In case a group discussion takes place, a group of candidates have to discuss and express their views on a particular topic. Here also, they will be marked on the basis of their performance in the GD.
The candidates need to score the minimum cut-off marks in the Interview/ GD for selection. Now, let’s switch to the section of bank of Maharashtra PO Syllabus to gain an insight into the syllabus for written examination.
Bank of Maharashtra PO Syllabus 2016
To crack the Online Written Exam one needs to prepare proficiently. For that, it is important to list all the topics that are part of the syllabus. Here, we have prepared a list that covers all the topics. The bank of Maharashtra PO syllabus is divided into 4 sections.
Section I: Reasoning
Usual Reasoning – Analogy, Odd Man out, Syllogism, Word Formation, Statement and Conclusions, Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Arguments, Passage and Conclusions, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, Alphabet Test, Series Test, Number Ranking and Time Sequence, Direction Sense Test, Sitting Arrangement, Decision Making, Input Output, Assertion and Reasoning, Figure Series etc.
- Non-Verbal Reasoning: Series test, Analogy, Odd Figures, Miscellaneous Test etc.
- High-Level Reasoning: Syllogism, Statement – Assumption/ Conclusion/ Inference/ Course for Action, Eligibility Test etc.
Section II: English Language
Vocabulary, Homonyms, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Word Formation, Topic comprehension (deriving conclusion, theme detection), Sentence Rearrangement, Passage Completion, Rearrangement of Passage, Spelling, Sentence, Grammar Rules (active, passive voice, direct, indirect speech), Phrases and Idioms.
Section III: Quantitative Aptitude
- Data Interpretation: Visual diagrams, Pie outlines, Line charts and Classification, Number-crunching
- Arithmetic Ability: Roots, Average, Ratio, Time & work, Time & separation, Rate, Benefit & loss, Mixture, Stocks & shares, Partnership, Clocks, Volume & surface area, Height & distances, Logarithms, Permutation & combination, Simple & Compound interest, Equations and Probability.
Section IV: General Awareness
- General Knowledge: Current Affairs (special reference to Banking Industry), Indian Economy, International Economy, UNO, Marketing, Constitution, Awards & Honors Sports, Reserve Bank of India Policies, Finance, Agriculture, etc.
- Computer Knowledge: Hardware and Software. Basic knowledge of Computers and it operating, DBMS, MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Windows, Internet.
We hope that this article provided you with all the relevant information regarding Bank of Maharashtra PO Syllabus Exam Pattern 2016.
Post your doubts or queries in the section below. For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.