Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2016: Apply Online: The Bank of Maharashtra has recently released the official notification for the recruitment of 1315 Officers and Clerks. The eligible candidates can start applying for the posts of Probationary Officers, General Officers, Security Officers, Clerks etc. as soon as possible. Before applying, you need to be familiar with the eligibility criteria, selection process, no. of vacancies, education qualifications and so on.
The Bank of Maharashtra is one of the major banks in the public sector. It has got the largest network in the country with millions of customers. It is spread throughout the country and has 1896 branches. The Bank has opened a huge recruitment drive for all those who are willing to work with the most popular public sector bank of the country.
In this article, we will give you complete information regarding the number of vacancies, age limit, education qualifications and application process for the Bank of Maharashtra recruitment 2016.
Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2016: No. of Vacancies
This year, Bank of Maharashtra has announced huge number of vacancies for different posts of officers and clerks. There are a total of 1315 posts for various positions.
|Name of the Post: Officer & Clerk||Number of Vacancies|
|General Officer MMGS – III||100 Posts|
|General Officer MMGS – II||200 Posts|
|Security Officer MMGS – II||15 Posts|
|Clerk Law Graduates||100 Posts|
|Clerk Agril Graduates||200 Posts|
|Officer (Non Conventional) in JMGS – I||500 Posts|
|Clerk (Non Conventional) with 6 Months Certification Course||200 Posts|
As you can see from the above information that lots of vacancies are available for various posts under Officer and Clerk cadre. However, it is important for you to check the eligibility criteria for Bank of Maharashtra recruitment 2016.
Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2016: Eligibility Criteria
There are certain sets of rules and basic criteria which a candidate needs to fulfill in order to apply for the post. The criteria may vary from post to post. For your better understanding, we have mentioned each criteria for all the posts of Bank of Maharashtra.
As per the notification of Bank of Maharashtra, the applicant must be
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
This is applicable for all posts under Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2016.
|Name of the Post||Age Limit|
||23 – 32 years|
||28 – 45 years|
||18 – 28 years|
The Relaxation of Upper Age Limit has been set as per Government Norms.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe – 5 years.
- Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) – 3 years.
- Persons With Disabilities – 10 years.
- Ex-Servicemen – 5 years.
- Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89 – 5 years.
- Persons affected by 1984 riots – 5 years.
The required qualification for each post along with professional experience is as follows.
- For the post of General Officer – You must possess a graduate degree from a recognized university along with an MBA in Finance
- For the post of Security Officer – You must possess a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- For the post of Clerk Law Graduate – You must possess a graduate degree in Law (LLB or Equivalent) from a recognized university
- For the post of Clerk Agril Graduate – You must possess a graduate degree Agriculture (B.Sc Agriculture or Equivalent) from a recognized university.
- For the post of Non Conventional Officer and Clerk – You must possess a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
All those who meet the above mentioned criteria, should start the online application process for their respective post.
Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2016: How to Apply
The application fee set for General Candidates/ OBC Candidates is Rs. 600/- and Rs. 100/- for SC, ST and PWD candidates. The Fees can be paid through Debit Cards/ Credit Cards/ Internet Banking/ IMPS /Cash Cards /Mobile Wallets.
The online applications for Bank of Maharashtra recruitment 2016 will begin from 12 August. The last date for the online application is 9 September 2016. But it is advised that the candidates should apply immediately if they meet the eligibility criteria.
The application procedure for Bank of Maharashtra is quite simple. A candidate must follow the given steps to ensure his/her registration.
- Log on to the official website at www.bankofmaharashtra.in
- Click on “RECRUITMENT” to open the link of your desired post.
- Click on “APPLY ONLINE” tab
Fill up the Application Form Online for your desired post with necessary personal, educational and professional details.
Upload your recent passport size Photo and Signature as per instructions.
- Pay the application fee along with the service charge as mentioned.
- Submit the application form and save your Registration Number and Password (if any) for future reference.
- Take a print out of the application for future use.
Note: The last date for submitting the application is 6 September 2016.
Post your doubts or queries in the section below. For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.