Best Books for SSC CGL Quantitative Aptitude: SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination is conducted by Staff Selection Commission every year for the recruitment of Group B and C candidates to various government institutes. SSC CGL is one of the most popular recruitment examination of the country, with millions of candidates appearing every year.
SSC CGL 2016: Recommended Books for Exam Preparation
This year, the Staff Selection Commission introduced some radical changes in SSC CGL Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure. SSC CGL quantitative aptitude section is present in two tiers i.e Tier I and Tier II. The exam pattern for tiers I, II and III is given below:
SSC CGL Tier I Exam pattern
|Name of the Section||Questions||Marks|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||25||50|
SSC CGL Exam Pattern Tier II
|Paper||Name of the Paper||Questions||Marks|
|II||English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
|III||Commerce/ Mathematics Statistics/ Economics||100||200|
|IV||General Studies||Not Available Yet||200|
SSC CGL Exam Pattern Tier III
Tier III consist of 100 marks where the applicable candidates attempt skill test or computer proficiency test, depending on the post.
- Skill Test is conducted for the post of Tax Assistant in Central Excise & Income Tax.
- Computer Proficiency Test is conducted for the post of Assistant and Sub-Assistant.
Depending on the performance, a final merit list will be prepared. Hence, candidates need to perform well at each and every level in order to crack SSC CGL Examination.
After getting familiarized with the exam pattern, it is time for preparation. We have recommended some important study material for the quantitative aptitude section of SSC CGL 2016.
SSC CGL Quantitative Aptitude Important Topics
Quantitative Aptitude is considered as one of the cohesive sections of the Competition Exams, but it is also considered as the most scoring section. In SSC CGL quantitative aptitude Tier 1, there will be 25 questions of 2 marks each. Some of the important topics from this particular section are listed below:
- Arithmetic: Number System, Percentage, Profit and loss, Simple interest, Compound interest, Average,Ratio, Proportion, Partnership, Mixture & Allegation, Time and Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Time, Speed and Distance, Problems on Train and Problems on Boat and Stream.
- Geometry: Basics of Geometry, Triangle, Polygons, Circle and Miscellaneous.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Parallelogram, Rectangle, Pathway in a Rectangle, square Rhombus, Trapezium, Circle, Semi – Circle, Ring (shaded Region), Sector of a circle, Cube, Cuboid, Cylinder, Cone, Sphere, Hemisphere, Frustum, Right Prism, Pyramid and Tetrahedron.
- Data Interpretation: Basic Concept, Bar graph, Pie charts, Table charts and Line graph.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry Ratio Identities, Trigonometric values for Common angles, Sign of Trigonometric ratio, Range of Trigonometric Ratio, Range of m sinθ ± n cosθ, Value of different trigonometric series, Trigonometric ratio of multiple angles and Compound angle.
- Height and Distance: Angle of elevation, Angle of depression and Miscellaneous
As per the data from previous year, most of the questions are asked from the arithmetic topic, followed by geometry. Around 7-8 questions are asked from algebra topic. Now, let’s head to the study material which is required to cover the syllabus for SSC CGL quantitative aptitude.
Best Books for SSC CGL Quantitative Aptitude
In order to crack the prestigious SSC CGL recruitment examination, candidates require a proper, sufficient study material. An ideal study material includes:
Preparation Books – Reference books, preparatory books are an important source of study material. Most students prefer to study content from various books published by famous authors. Books are considered to be the best source of information for all the topics which are included in an exam.
Question Banks – Question banks are considered to be the most reliable source for practice and to understand the type of questions asked. Many students practice with a series of question banks to improve time efficiency and knowledge.
Sectional Tests – Sectional tests include mock tests designed to present questions in an arbitrary manner. The test includes all the topics of an exam which is to be answered in a particular time frame. This test helps in giving a fair idea about the sectional cut off.
SSC CGL Recommended Study Material
OnlineTyari houses a number of prominent publishers like Disha, Upkar Prakashan, Arihant, Jagranjosh etc. who provide resourceful study material, practice test series and eBooks. Here is a list of preparation books for SSC CGL quantitative aptitude section:
|Book Name||Publisher Name|
|Quantitative Aptitude Preparation (Algebra)||OnlineTyari|
|Quantitative Aptitude (Numerical Ability)||Upkar Publication|
|Mathematics Preparation for SSC CGL||Upkar Publication|
|Mathematics Formulas e-book||JagranJosh|
|Mathematics Preparation (Arithmetic)||Upkar Publication|
|Tricky Mathematics Questions e-book||Guider|
|Mathematics Preparation Vol. 1 e-book||Cosmos Bookhive|
|Mathematics Preparation Vol. 2 e-book||Cosmos Bookhive|
|Quantitative Aptitude Objective Questions||Upkar Publication|
|Quantitative Aptitude Preparation for SSC CGL||Upkar Publication|
|Mathematical Formulae and Preparation e-book||Upkar Publication|
We can assure you that these books will give you direction as well as motivation to prepare in the right manner for SSC CGL quantitative aptitude section.
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.