BPSC Recruitment 2016: The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) published the official recruitment notification for 60th, 61st and 62nd Combined Joint Preliminary and Mains Examination 2016 -2017. This is a great opportunity for those candidates who are preparing for various State Civil Service Examinations and aspire to become Deputy Collector (DC), Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) and other Class – I officers in Bihar State Government.
This article primarily focuses on BPSC Recruitment 2016, providing complete information regarding the commencement of BPSC Online Application 2016, Eligibility Criteria and Selection Procedure for BPSC Recruitment 2016 as well as steps to submit the Bihar PSC Application Online.
|Date of Official Notification||15 September 2016|
|Online Application Start Date||27 September 2016|
|Last date of Online Registration||31 October 2016|
|Last date of Fee submission||31 October 2016|
|Last date of completing application form||3 November 2016|
For all candidates preparing for Bihar PCS Examination, the following important dates must be marked in your exam calendar. Let us go through all the essential details regarding BPSC Recruitment 2016, beginning with BPSC Vacancy Post-Wise.
BPSC Recruitment 2016: Total Vacancies
There will be 642 Posts in various departments of the Bihar Government under BPSC Recruitment 2016.
Out of the total 642 posts, Bihar Administrative Services (BAS) has the largest share of 244 seats. The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) is about to fill 642 vacancies through 60th to 62nd Common Combined Preliminary and Main Examination. Let us discuss in detail about BPSC Vacancy, both category-wise and post-wise.
Bihar Public Service Commision BPSC Vacancy 2016 (Category-Wise)
|Category||No. of Vacancy|
In the mentioned 642 vacancies, there are 244 posts for Bihar Administrative Services, 175 posts for Rajasva Adhikari and 73 posts for Vanijyakar Aayukt to be filled by BPSC 60th to 62nd recruitment notification
Bihar Public Service Commision BPSC Vacancy 2016 (Post-Wise)
|BPSC Post Name||No. of Vacancy|
|Bihar Administrative Service||244|
|Bihar Police Service (Police Upadhikshak)||30|
|Bihar Finance Service Commercial Tax Officer (Vitt Sewa Vanijyakar Adhikari)||73|
|Zila Samdeshta Grih Raksha Vahini Sangathan||5|
|Utpad Nirikshak (Product inspector)||2|
|Bihar Probation Service||60|
|Gramin Vikas Padadhikari (Rural Development Officer)||13|
|Zila Alpsankhyak Kalyan Adhikari (District Minority Officer)||3|
|Niyojan Padadhikari/ Zila Niyojan Adhikari (District Planning Officer)||3|
|Bihar Nibandhak Sewa Avar Nibandhak (Assistant Registrar)||11|
|Bihar Shram Seva/ Shram Adhikshak (Bihar Labour Service/ Labour Superintendent)||7|
|Ganna Adhikari/ Sugarcane Officer||2|
|Bihar Election Service/ Avar Nirvachan Padadhikari||4|
|Zila Ankekshan Padadhikari Sahyog Samitiya/ District Account Officer||7|
|Sahayak Nibandhak/ Assistant Registrar Sahyog Samiti||3|
|Rajaswa Adhikari/Revenue Officer||175|
Please remember that while filling the BPSC Application Form 2016 online, you need to keep in mind the total number of vacancies for the post you want to apply.
BPSC Recruitment 2016: Eligibility Criteria
As per the rules and regulations of Bihar PSC Recruitment, there is a certain fixed criteria to be met like age limit, qualification etc. to be deemed eligible for BPSC Recruitment 2016. This is the most important piece of information while an aspirants fills the BPSC Application Form online.
Depending on the BPSC Post one is applying to, the age limit can vary by a few years. Look at the table below, which contains the age limit set for BPSC Recruitment 2016 for each post.
|BPSC Post Name||Age Limit|
|Bihar Administrative Service||22 Years|
|Bihar Police Service (Police Upadhikshak)||20 Years|
|Bihar Finance Service Commercial Tax Officer (Vitt Sewa Vanijyakar Adhikari)||22 Years|
|Zila Samdeshta Grih Raksha Vahini Sangathan||20 Years|
|Utpad Nirikshak (Product inspector)||20 Years|
|Bihar Probation Service||21 Years|
|Gramin Vikas Padadhikari (Rural Development Officer)||21 Years|
|Zila Alpsankhyak Kalyan Adhikari (District Minority Officer)||22 Years|
|Niyojan Padadhikari/ Zila Niyojan Adhikari (District Planning Officer)||22 Years|
|Bihar Nibandhak Sewa Avar Nibandhak (Assistant Registrar)||22 Years|
|Bihar Shram Seva/ Shram Adhikshak (Bihar Labour Service/ Labour Superintendent)||22 Years|
|Ganna Adhikari/ Sugarcane Officer||22 Years|
|Bihar Election Service/ Avar Nirvachan Padadhikari||22 Years|
|Zila Ankekshan Padadhikari Sahyog Samitiya/ District Account Officer||22 Years|
|Sahayak Nibandhak/ Assistant Registrar Sahyog Samiti||22 Years|
|Rajaswa Adhikari/ Revenue Officer||22 Years|
There is also a certain level of relaxation.The Maximum Age Limit of all BPSC Applicants as on
- 01-08-2014: 60th Joint Competitive Examination
- 01-08-2015: 61st Joint Competitive Examination
- 01-08-2016: 62nd Joint Competitive Examination
|UR Male||37 Years|
|UR Female, OBC, EBC (Male & Female)||40 Years|
|SC, ST (Male & Female)||42 Years|
If an applicant doesn’t fall in the prescribed age limit, he/ she will not the eligible to submit the BPSC Application Form 2016.
According to BPSC BAS Official Notification, an applicant must hold a Degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Government in consultation with the Commission, to be eligible to appear for BPSC 2016 exams.
BPSC Bihar Police Service Physical Standards 2016
For BPSC Posts involving field work or operations, the candidates must also satisfy the eligibility requirements related to physical standards.
|Male||5 ft. 5 inches||32|
|Female||5 ft. 2 inches||—|
|SC/ ST||5 ft. 3 inches||31|
BPSC Selection Procedure 2016
The selection procedure for the BPSC Recruitment 2016 is like all other State PSC Exams. All aspiring candidates who are eligible first appear for the preliminary exam, which is objective type. The candidates who get through the first stage preliminary exam is called for Mains exam, which is of subjective nature.
- Phase I: Preliminary Written Examination (Objective MCQ based)
- Phase II: Mains Written Examination (Subjective)
The candidates who clear the written Main examination are called for an interview. The candidates who ace the interview round are hired for the respective posts on the basis of merit list prepared by the combined scores of Mains Written Examination and Interview.
The Online Application for BPSC Recruitment will begin from 27th September 2016 and will continue till 31st October 2016.
BPSC Recruitment 2016: How to Apply
The application procedure for BPSC 2016 is online and the application fee has been set as per the following criteria.
- Rs. 200/- for SC, ST, PWD candidates
- Rs. 650/- for all other category candidates
All the eligible candidates can apply online through the website www.bpsc.bih.nic.in by 31st October 2016.
The application process for BPSC Recruitment 2016 is quite simple. However, to apply for the exam online all aspiring candidates must have a valid email address and mobile no. along with scanned copies of photograph & signature.
To register yourself for BPSC Recruitment Examination 2016, follow these easy instructions:
- Log on to the website www.bpsc.bih.nic.in
- Click on the tab “Apply Online” tab. Wait for a new page to open.
- Click on the “BPSC Online Application” option on the new page. You will see two tabs ‘ Online Registration’ and ‘Login’ appear on that page. Click on ‘Online Registration’ option.
- Choose the post you want to apply for from all the options given and click ‘Apply’
- You will see a Registration Page appear on the screen. Fill in all the necessary details here. Confirm your Email ID and Mobile number by securing them with OTP (One Time Passwords)
- Click Submit Button
- You will receive an email on your given email ID once you complete the registration process. It will contain important information like Username, Password and Login Link which must be saved for future reference.
- Click on the Login link and the “Login” Page will open. Fill in the Username and Password received in the mail.
- Choose “Click for Download Challan” option on the Dashboard.
- Take a print out of the Challan and deposit the desired amount in an SBI Bank Branch.
- On the same day when you deposit the money, Login again and click on the ‘Update Challan Details’ option given on the dash board. Click on the submit button after filling in the details. The last day to do this is on 31st October 2016.
To fill in the Challan Details, follow the following instructions:
- You need to Select the Exam Type as ‘PT’.
- Bank officer will fill in the Journal No. on your challan when you deposit the said amount of money. Enter it in the box where it is required.
- Fill in the date mentioned on the challan.
- Take note of the Branch Code of the bank where you deposited the challan money.
After completing the registration procedure and filling in the Challan details, wait for 24 hours before you begin the application process. To apply, follow the following simple steps:
- Login with your Username and Password.
- Select the “Click on Application Form” option.
- Fill in the Application Form.
- Upload your signature and scanned photographs in the space provided.
- Submit the form after previewing it and ensuring that all details entered are correct.
- Download the submitted application form some time after it has been submitted by logging in again.
We hope this article helped you in gaining some valuable insights regarding Bihar Public Service Commission Recruitment 2016. Let us know if you face any trouble on the day of the commencement of BPSC Application Online i.e. 27 September 2016.
Stay connected for more information regarding BPSC Recruitment 2016. To excel in PSC Examinations, download the Best State Exams Preparation App for free.