Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission has released the CGPSC State Service Examination Notification 2015. The Notification is the official remark for selecting candidates at various posts in the service commission department of Chhattisgarh.
Read the CG PSC Syllabus and Notification carefully. It will help in getting familiar with the CGPSC State Service Examination Syllabus, Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme.
CGPSC State Service Examination Prelims 2015
Name of the Examination
Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC)
Medium of the Examination
CGPSC 2015 Exam Structure
Prelims – Objective Type MCQs
Mains – Written Format
CGPSC 2015 Selection Criteria
Prelims and Mains Exam
Shortlisted candidates are called for interview
Minimum Educational Qualification
Graduate in any discipline from a UGC Certified College or Institute recognized by the Central Government
21 to 30 years as on 1st January 2016
For candidates under Chhattisgarh Domicile, maximum age is 35 years.
Date of Examination (CGPSC 2015 Prelims)
20th February 2016
Total Time Duration
Paper 1- 10 am to 12 pm
Paper 2 – 3 pm to 5 pm
CGPSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2015
CGPSC Prelims 2015 will be conducted on 20th February 2016. The 2 sections under Chhattisgarh PSC Prelims Exam 2015 are General Studies and Aptitude. Refer to the following to table to better understand the CGPSC State Service Exam Marking Scheme.
Name of the Sections
General Studies and Aptitude
Total Number of Questions
200 (100 from each section)
400 (200 from each section)
Marks awarded for correct answer
Marks awarded for incorrect answer
The exam will be conducted in 2 separate time slots for each section and the format is objective with 5 options to select, from which only 1 is correct. The Highest Marks achievable are 400.
- Each Section consists of 100 Questions and the time duration allotted for each section is 2 hours each.
- 2 Marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
- 1 Mark will be deducted for the incorrect ones.
- There is no negative answer for the ones left unmarked.
CGPSC Prelims Syllabus 2015
Chhattisgarh PSC Prelims Exam can be broadly divided into 2 equal categories, i.e. General Studies and Aptitude. Both sections will have equal number of questions, time allotted and same marking scheme for the questions. CGPSC State Service Examination
But these sections in CGPSC Prelims 2015 vary in terms of vastness of content and syllabus.
Chhattisgarh PSC Prelims Syllabus 2015 – General Studies
Question Paper 1 of Chhattisgarh PSC Prelims 2015 will consist of General Studies and Deep Rooted Knowledge of Culture and Heritage of state of Chhattisgarh. This section focuses more on your grasp and latent knowledge of numerous general knowledge aspects.
Part 1 – General Studies
Questions – 50 Marks – 100
General Studies Section in CGPSC Prelims Exam will be focused on the History of India, tracing back to the Indus Valley Civilization the Present Day. A lot of emphasis is also laid upon the Indian National Movement and the Struggle for Independence under the British Rule. Current affairs concerning the Indian and National Economy as well as the day to day news is also something taht needs attention here. Apart from Constitution of India and Politics, Questions based on Science and Technology and the World of Art and Literature can also be asked in this section of Chhattisgarh PSC Examination.
Important Topics under General Studies
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India
- Constitution of India & Polity
- Indian Economy
- General Science & Technology
- Indian Philosophy, Art, Literature & Culture
- Current Affairs & Sports
Part 2 – General Knowledge of Chhattisgarh
Questions – 50 Marks – 100
General Knowledge of Chhattisgarh Section will be all about the culture, heritage, festivals, history, geography, literature, economy and the day to day happenings of the state of the Chhattisgarh. Make sure you chart out the entire state and mark all the important information as it has equal weightage with the previous section in CGPSC Prelims Exam.
Important Topics under General Knowledge of Chhattisgarh
- History of Chhattisgarh
- News and Current Affairs of Chhattisgarh
- Contribution of Chhattisgarh in Freedom Movement of India
- Geography Region and Climate
- Archaeological and Tourist Centres
- Literature, Music, Dance, Culture and Heritage of Chhattisgarh
- Tribes and Festivals
- Economy, Forest and Agriculture of Chhattisgarh
- Administrative Structure, Local Government and Panchayatiraj
- Industry Development in Chhattisgarh
- Energy, Water and Mineral Resources
Chhattisgarh PSC Prelims Syllabus 2015 – Aptitude
Chhattisgarh PSC Prelims 2015 will also have a section based on Aptitude. Based on a similar pattern followed by most recruitment exams occurring in the country, The Aptitude Section will consist of 100 Questions from a number of topics.
Are you familiar with Logical and Analytical Reasoning Questions?
They will be abundant. So, you can also expect a handful from topics like Decision Making, Data Interpretation and Basic Numeracy.
Questions based on Hindi and the Language of Chhattisgarh might be a roadblock for a few candidates.
Important Topics under Aptitude
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic Numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.)
- Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
- Knowledge of Hindi Language (Class X level).
- Knowledge of Chhattisgarhi Language.