How to Complete SBI PO Prelims 2017 Examination in One hour: You are a few days away for SBI PO preliminary examinations 2017. Now, Banking candidates are preparing themselves for the final battle. It is essential for every candidate to crack both Prelims & Mains Examination, if he/she wants to work as a Bank PO in State Bank of India. SBI PO prelim exams are scheduled to be held on April 29, 30, and May 6 and 7.
To crack SBI PO 2017 Examination, candidates need to apply a focused strategy. With a number of countable hours left, it is apt to publish the final tips which will help candidates understand how to complete SBI PO Prelims 2017 Examination in one hour.
How to Complete SBI PO Prelims 2017 Examination in One Hour
The pattern of SBI PO Preliminary Examination will be objective. There will be 3 sections in total – Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language and the exam will be a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Marks|
Each question carries 1 mark and the Prelims Exam has 100 questions. The Total Time for solving this paper will be 1 Hour (60 minutes). The candidates who qualify in the Prelims Examination will be called for Mains.
Time management is the key to success. In any competitive exam, if one doesn’t know the value of time, then the chance of cracking examination is less. During exam preparation, the aspirants have one question in their mind, that is how to complete SBI PO Prelims examination in one hour.
Given below is the order in which you should attempt SBI PO Prelims 2017 examination. We are sharing how much time you should give to each subject in order to complete the examination on time.
English Language (15 Minutes)
English language is one of the important section of any recruitment exam. A Candidate should first attempt the topics like error detection and correction, Cloze Test, fillers, etc. Always skip on comprehension for later as it is time consuming. One can also attempt Antonyms/ Synonyms questions of Reading Comprehension, you need not to read the whole comprehension for solving these.
On an average around 15 minutes should be taken by the candidate to attempt this section. Here are useful tips which will help you prepare for the upcoming examination.
- First, you need to remember the Grammar Rules. However, you do not need to know all grammar rules after solving previous year papers you can easily understand what kind of question SBI is framing.
- For smart preparation of SBI PO Level Examination, the best method will be to get all the previous question papers and do daily practice.
- Revise, Reflect and Learn from your mistakes. Revision will play an extremely vital role in improving your score in SBI PO English Language Section.
- It is very important to know your weak areas so that you can pay your special attention to them. Give more time to the study of the subject or topic that you are having difficulty with.
- Maintain a plan for each day to practice topics essential to SI PO English Language Section and try to devote at least three hours for English exercise on daily basis.
Moving to the next section i.e Quantitative Aptitude
Quantitative Aptitude (25 Minutes)
Quantitative aptitude is an important part of all major competitive exams. Aptitude test basically involves mathematical questions. In these questions, speed of the candidate matters more than his/her knowledge. Get through all of the high scoring topics first i.e Number Series, Simplification /Approximation, Quadratic Equations, DI. Leave the difficult and time consuming topics for later.
On an average around 25 minutes should be taken by the candidate to attempt this section. Here are useful tips which will help you prepare for the upcoming examination.
When you start your preparation, do not try to solve questions by shortcut methods. You should memorize all the basic theories and formulas of all the chapters. If your basics are not clear, you may not be able to solve questions.
Create Summary Notes
Make a concise version of your class notes by creating summary notes. Spot the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them. You can identify key terms and concepts by paying attention to what has been emphasized in your classes, textbooks and course syllabus.
Maintain a plan for each day to practice topics. Try to devote at least three hours for Quant practice on daily basis.
Practice and Practice
Once you are done with basics, practice as much as you can with sample questions of previous years.
Use of Shortcut Methods in the Right Way
Remembering short tricks in the Quant section can be a lifeline and a time saver for any competitive exam. This section can turn out to be easy for you to attempt , if you apply short tricks in the right way.
Reasoning (20 Minutes)
This section is the trickiest and the most time-consuming section to be solved. Because of this many aspirants fail to complete the sections on time as Difficulty level of puzzles has increased. If you are not able to solve the puzzles in one go, do not waste time. Move to the next topic. Start with the easy & moderate Reasoning questions that you can solve quickly like Inequalities, Syllogism, Coding decoding, Blood Relation, Direction & Distance, Order & Ranking.
On an average around 20 minutes should be taken by the candidate to attempt this section. Here are useful tips which will help you prepare for the upcoming examination.
Focus on topics that are Easy to Handle
The SBI PO Reasoning Ability Section is quite massive. So, there can be a chance that you might miss out on a few scoring topics.
The following topics in SBI PO Reasoning Ability Section in Preliminary Examination should be at your tips.
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relation
- Data Sufficiency
- Coding and Decoding
- Order and Ranking Problems
These questions give the most accurate answers in the least time, provided you have given them time while preparing for SBI PO Exam.
Dedicate Preparation Time for Seating Arrangement and Puzzle Test
Candidates must practice seating arrangement and puzzle test problems as these problems appear in sets of 5-5 questions almost every year in SBI PO Examination.
- Seating Arrangement Problems consist of people seating around a round table “facing towards the centre of the table’, “Facing away from the centre of the table” and a combination of both. You need practice to solve such questions.
- Also, while solving seating arrangement problems, one needs to ask himself/ herself this question – ‘Can I solve this in optimal time?’
- Puzzle Test Problems require a lot of practice. One must be able to analyse total number of variables in the problems. Don’t try to solve Puzzles orally, always make a rough diagram for the same. It will make things easier.
Solving Statement-based Questions
Statement- Assumptions, Statement-Conclusion, Statement- Arguments, Statement- Courses of Action – you may get one or two problems from these. One can never be 100% sure, but practising these will certainly reduce error in your judgement, which brings us to our final part.
Now you are clear with the strategy on how you can manage your time and solve the SBI PO examination in one hour. Here we are providing some overall time management tips which will surely help you in attempting exam efficiently.
Overall Time Management Tips
- A Candidate has to prepare himself/ herself for the exam and decide which part should be attempted first.
- The student should leave the question if it’s time consuming. He/ she should not spend too much time on any particular part or a problem.
- If possible, skip the topic which is lengthy and time-consuming as they consume a lot of time.
- Before giving the exams, the student should try the test series so that he can analyze the time consumed by him to complete paper.
- Last but not the least, Always keep calm.
Over here we conclude our article on How to Complete SBI PO Prelims 2017 Examination in One hour. Stay tuned with us for more information regarding SBI PO recruitment examination.