Firstly, we would like to congratulate all the candidates who qualified in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2015. It means you have crossed the first level of IBPS Selection Process. Now we move to IBPS Clerk Mains Exam.
IBPS Clerk Mains 2015: The IBPS CWE (Common Written Examination) is conducted every year by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. The selection criteria is a 3 step process – Prelims, Mains and Interview. Since IBPS Clerk Mains 2015 Exam is only a few days away, we’ve come up with a few tips and strategies on how to attempt and maximize final score.
But first, let us fully understand the exam pattern and marking scheme.
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern 2015
Similar to IBPS Clerk Prelims, the Mains Exam will have objective pattern. There will be 5 equal sections in IBPS Clerk Mains 2015 Exam. 40 Questions from each section will be asked in the paper and total time allotted for the examination is 2 hours (120 minutes).
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
Time Allotted: 120 Minutes (2 Hours)
Marking Scheme: For IBPS Clerk Mains 2015 Exam, 1 mark will be awarded for a correct answer and 0.25 will be deducted for every incorrect one. There will be no negative marking for questions left unanswered. Apart from overall exam cutoff, a sectional cutoff will also be there. Hence, your objective should be both speed and accuracy.
Hence, your objective should be both speed and accuracy.
IBPS Clerk Mains 2015 – How to Attempt
In order to crack IBPS Clerk Mains 2015, you need to develop a strategy instead of a study plan. Here are a few pointer which might help you.
Ideal Time Spent: 25-30 minutes
Reasoning Ability in IBPS Clerk Mains usually has questions ranging from easy to fairly difficult, depending on your level of understanding. Questions are generally asked from these topics.
- Seating Arrangement
- Statement and Assumption
- Direction Test
- Blood Relations
- Data Sufficiency
A few pointers from this section would be
- Focus more on Analogy and Syllogism based Questions. They can be easily solved and do not take much of your time.
- Questions based on Statement and Assumption, Coding-Decoding and Puzzles require Critical Thinking. If your daily practice didn’t include these questions, maybe skipping these in IBPS Mains might be the way to be.
- You might require additional time for solving problems based on Blood Relations, Data Sufficiency and Seating Arrangement. The level of difficulty is also in the range of moderate to hard.
Ideal Time Spent: 30-35 minutes
Numerical Ability will be a tough nut to crack. Most questions range from moderate to hard difficulty level. You must focus hard on selecting only the ones you are confident about. Problems from Numerical Ability will be asked from these topics.
- Number Systems
- Data Interpretation
- Decimal and Fractions
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Frequency Polygon
- Bar Graph
- Pie Charts
- Time and Distance
Follow these points in order to maximize score in Numerical Ability section of IBPS Clerk Mains 2015.
- DI consists of Bar Graphs, Pie Charts and Tables. If you are quick in calculations, do not skip this section. The questions are pretty straightforward.
- Simplification based questions should be the next target. Try and learn the values of commonly used approximations in advance.
- Avoid lengthy calculations. Much like every examination, you need to leverage calculation speed over time. Try learning a few shortcut tricks to calculate the solution faster.
Ideal Time Spent: 20-25 minutes
This section might save you. Questions are usually ranging from easy to mildly moderate level. Here are the core subjects for English Language section.
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Spotting Error
- Odd One Out
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence Improvement
- Direct-Indirect Speech
Focus points for English Language Section will be
- Begin with Cloze Test. A passage consisting of 10 questions will be asked in IBSP Clerk Mains Exam.
- Reading Comprehension can be time consuming. Try skimming and reading at a faster pace as the language might be confusing.
- Synonyms Antonyms and Sentence Improvement based questions should be solved right after Cloze Test. They can be solved pretty quickly provided you take them up early in exam.
Ideal Time Spent: 10-15 minutes
You can definitely hit jackpot with this section. Most candidates secure good marks in this section because they plan ahead and study systematically. You should also focus on a particular set of topics, like
Static General Knoweldge
- Indian History
- Banking Norms, Terminologies and Abbreviations
- Market Evaluation
- National and International News
- Sports Updates
- Latest Technologies
- World of Banking
- Market and Economy
- Budget and Five Year Plan
For General Awareness Section in IBPS Clerk Mains 2015, you should lay major emphasis on
- Current Affairs and GK updates occured in the month of September to December 2015. A lot of questions are asked from the few months leading upto the examination.
- Banking is priority. You need to focus majorly on Banking Terms and latest developments in the world of banking.
- Avoid guess work. You need to score big or just skip.
Ideal Time Spent: 10-15 minutes
Computer Knowledge Section will be of elementary level. Just try to focus on a few important topics
- Basics of Computer Systems
- History of Computers
- Input and Output Devices
- Shortcut Keys
- Microsoft Officer (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Networking (LAN, WAN, MAN)
- Famous Computer Abbreviations
- Latest Technologies
For all the non-techies, there are a few points which will be helpful for you.
- Read Computer Books from your school time. Those books are absolute gems in this section.
- Do not go deep in the subject. This is a pretty straightforward section. Even if any tough questions are asked, you can skip those.
- Do not dedicate a large share of your time to this section. You’ll either know the answer or you won’t. A mere 15-20 minutes will be ideal.
As per the IBPS Exam Trends, a total score of 140-155 will be good enough to Crack IBPS Clerk Mains 2015 Exam. This would mean you need to attempt over 155 Questions with 90% accuracy.
So divide your time accordingly, keeping in mind that sectional cut-offs also exist.
IBSP Clerk Mains 2015 – Final Tips and Tricks
As a final testament to your preparation for cracking IBPS Clerk Mains 2015, here are a few tips you should follow.
- Go through previous years questions papers of IBPS Clerk Mains. Some questions might get repeated.
- Learn shortcut methods for faster calculations. Table and cubes of numbers will come handy.
- Avoid guessing the answer. There is negative marking.
- Stick to a particular section for atleast 10-15 minutes. Avoid skipping.
- IBPS Clerk Mains 2015 is an objective paper. Do not make it a subjective one by working a clean format. Scribble and solve.
- Stay Calm and Focussed.
And the most important tip, try not to cram one day before IBPS Clerk Mains 2015. Sleep early, have a light breakfast, pack all the necessary documents like hall ticket and id and have faith. You will do great.
All the Best from Team OT
Stay connected for more information regarding IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016. To excel in IBPS Exams, download the Best IBPS Clerk Exam Preparation App for free.
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.